2 Assisted Living Facilities in Scottsboro, AL

150x150%23

Rose Wood Manor

Provides: Assisted Living
1513 Country Park Road, Scottsboro, AL 35769
"Today my family toured Rosewood Manor in Scottsboro. I am looking for some additional information so if you know this community, I would love to see your review. I am looking for a facility for my..." More

Southern Estates Assisted Living Comm...

Provides: Assisted Living
212 E. Stewart Rd., Scottsboro, AL 35768
"I have found an assisted living facility. I'm very pleased with it. It is absolutely wonderful. I have a suite where I have my own private living room. I have brought my own furnishings in with me...." More

Assisted Living near Scottsboro, AL

Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Scottsboro

• Review of Rose Wood Manor

I found Rose Wood Manor. The caregivers are not nurses. The room is nice, but there are no activities. The food is excellent. The rooms are a good size. The bathrooms and showers are large. There a... Read more

Michelle
  • Review of Rose Wood Manor

Today my family toured Rosewood Manor in Scottsboro. I am looking for some additional information so if you know this community, I would love to see your review. I am looking for a facility for my ... Read more

Daughter Looking
  • Review of Rose Wood Manor

Hello…… I live in Huntsville and my family has been looking for a community for my Dad. He is in need of assisted living. We looked at many places in Huntsville but they were so big. Me and my br... Read more

Happy Thanksgiving
Business owner? Claim your Caring.com Listing

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Scottsboro

Situated on the lakes at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains, Scottsboro is a picturesque location in Alabama. The area is brimming with parks, making it an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. About 20 percent of Scottsboro residents are 65 or older, and those seeking help with personal care and activities of daily living and who desire to maintain an active lifestyle in the community, Scottsboro features two assisted living facilities and five more are located in neighboring cities, including Fort Payne and Geraldine.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Scottsboro

• The climate in Scottsboro ranks 1 point higher than the U.S. average on Sperling's Comfort Index. Although the area gets higher amounts of rainfall than average, the total days of precipitation are fewer than average. This gives seniors a greater number of pleasant days to spend outdoors. Temperatures reach an average high of 88 degrees Fahrenheit in July and an average low of 29 degrees in January.

• Scottsboro's cost of living is 14 percent lower than the U.S. average and 1 percent lower than the Alabama average. However, seniors may spend more money on health care in Scottsboro than they would in other Alabama cities, as the local cost is 9 percent higher than the state average.

• Bus service is available with 24-hour advance notice via Jackson County Rural Public Transportation, which travels through Scottsboro Monday through Friday. Seniors over 60 pay reduced fare.

• The Scottsboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Highlands Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

• Seniors may not feel comfortable with the crime rate in Scottsboro, which ranks in the highest 15 percent for communities in Alabama. The chance of violent crime in Scottsboro is 1 in 64, compared with the state average of 1 in 188. The local odds of property crime are 1 in 29, which is close to the state average of 1 in 34.

• Scottsboro offers locations and events for arts and culture, such as Art in the Park with Three Arts Club, the Scottsboro Boys Museum & Cultural Center and the Scottsboro Jackson Heritage Center.

Paying for Assisted Living in Scottsboro

$3,356.00 Madison
$2,700.00 Scottsboro
$2,575.00 Albertville
$2,400.00 Fort Payne

Assisted Living costs in Scottsboro start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Scottsboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Scottsboro

Residents of Alabama typically pay out of pocket or use private insurance to cover the cost of assisted living, as the state's Medicaid program only provides coverage for in-home services or higher levels of care provided in nursing homes and facilities for people with disabilities.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page. Financial Assistance in Alabama Financial Assistance in Alabama

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Scottsboro

Scottsboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free assisted living resources in Scottsboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Scottsboro

Scottsboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations in Alabama Laws and Regulations in Alabama