4 Assisted Living Facilities near Albertville, AL
Also serving communities of Boaz, Guntersville, Geraldine, Arab.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Albertville area, with 2 in Albertville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Albertville is $2,575 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Albertville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albertville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Gadsden with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Albertville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Albertville, AL
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Albertville, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Albertville
Albertville is a medium-sized bedroom community on the southern shore of Guntersville Lake, in northern Alabama. Home to a little over 21,000 people, nearly 14% of Albertville's residents are seniors aged 65 and over. Two assisted living facilities operate within Albertville, with two more located in the surrounding areas of Boaz and Guntersville. In Albertville, these facilities, like all long-term residential care communities in the state, are licensed and inspected by the Alabama Department of Public Health Board of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Albertville
- The weather in Albertville is hot and muggy in summer, with generally mild winters and plenty of rain. Summertime highs rise to an average of 91 degrees in July, though winter lows drop in December to an average of 31. Albertville gets a little over 55 inches of rain in a year, which can send pollen from the surrounding countryside into town and cause issues for seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Albertville is generally lower than the cost nationwide. Across all categories, the cost of living here is just 77% of the national average. Seniors may pay more for healthcare in Albertville, however, since costs in and around town are 3% above the national average.
Crime rates in Albertville are not high by national standards. Crime in all categories combined is a little over two-thirds the national rate. Violent crime is even less common, which helps make Albertville relatively safe for seniors who spend time away from their assisted living community.
- The city of Albertville provides public transportation directly, by request only, and with a limited number of disabled ride-equipped vehicles. Seniors in Albertville are encouraged to schedule pickups at least 24 hours in advance, and to tell the dispatcher whether wheelchair assistance is needed. Rides are limited to 20 miles one way, with certain exceptions, and medical transports take priority over more routine trips.
- The Gardendale area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Vincent East Hospital and UAB University Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Albertville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Marshall County Council On Aging, an organization that helps seniors arrange meal service, schedule transportation and sign up for Medicaid waivers, as well as more than three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Albertville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Albertville start around $2,575 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Albertville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Albertville
Seniors in Albertville who need help with the cost of assisted living will not find any Medicaid waivers or non-Medicaid waivers in Alabama designed to facilitate this type of senior living. Currently, assistance is only available to seniors living at home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Albertville
Albertville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Albertville, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Albertville
Albertville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Albertville, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Albertville
Review of Bridgewood Gardens
Bridgewood Gardens was really good and they gave us lots of information and answered all our questions. If they couldn't answer questions, they directed us in a way that we could find out. The lady... Read more
Review of Bridgewood Gardens
My mother-in-law has moved into Brookdale Albertville. It's really clean, nice, and well taken care of. They have a lot of good services. They seem to have a lot of activities like memory games. Th... Read more
Review of Bridgewood Gardens
Merrill Gardens is OK. It is a lot more expensive than the other facility I liked. I liked the dining area. The menu was fine; in fact, they allowed us to eat a meal there. The room has its own bat... Read more