4 Assisted Living Facilities near Albertville, AL
Also serving communities of Boaz, Guntersville, Geraldine, Arab.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Albertville area, with 2 in Albertville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Albertville is $2,575 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Albertville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albertville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Gadsden with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Albertville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Albertville, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Albertville
Albertville is about an hour’s drive southeast of Huntsville, providing senior residents with easy access to the dynamic city's historical and cultural amenities. Albertville proudly bears its title of "Fire Hydrant Capital of the World." The Mueller Company relocated its fire hydrant manufacturing operations from Tennessee to Albertville in 1975 and commemorated the production of its one-millionth fire hydrant with a 4,800-pound nickel-plated hydrant displayed near the Albertville Chamber of Commerce.
Albertville claims a population of approximately 21,000 residents, nearly 14% of whom are adults aged 65 and over. Two assisted living facilities in Albertville provide support for seniors who need help with the activities of daily living while remaining as independent as possible. The Alabama Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Provider Standards licenses and regulates assisted living communities in Albertville and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Albertville
- Seniors without cars may appreciate knowing the City of Albertville provides all citizens with low-cost public transportation up to 20 miles one way within the city limits. Exceptions are made for longer distances if the destination is a medical or dental facility.
- Albertville’s 55 inches of annual rainfall might put a damper on the active lifestyle of some seniors who prefer outdoor recreation. However, it’s one of the coolest spots in Alabama, with the summer high in July averaging 88 degrees. Seniors can expect about 28 days annually on which the high temperature tops 90 degrees.
- The Albertville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marshall Medical Centers, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Albertville provides an array of community resources for seniors, including the Albertville Senior Center, which offers daily lunch, health screenings, day trips, a computer lab, exercise room and game room.
- Although Albertville seniors aren’t taxed by the state on their Social Security benefits, withdrawals from all other retirement accounts and pension plans are taxable. Alabama’s sales tax is the fourth highest in the United States.
- Budget-conscious retirees may find a dollar goes further in Albertville, where the overall cost of living is 22% lower than the U.S. average. Seniors typically save about 10% on groceries, 25% on transportation and 6% on utility costs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Albertville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Albertville start around $2,575 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Albertville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Albertville
As of 2019, the Medicaid waivers in Alabama do not provide financial assistance for costs associated with room and board or personal services received in assisted living facilities. These waivers are designed to help seniors age in place at home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Albertville
Albertville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Albertville, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Albertville
Albertville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Albertville, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Albertville
Review of Bridgewood Gardens
Bridgewood Gardens was really good and they gave us lots of information and answered all our questions. If they couldn't answer questions, they directed us in a way that we could find out. The lady... Read more
Review of Bridgewood Gardens
My mother-in-law has moved into Brookdale Albertville. It's really clean, nice, and well taken care of. They have a lot of good services. They seem to have a lot of activities like memory games. Th... Read more
Review of Bridgewood Gardens
Merrill Gardens is OK. It is a lot more expensive than the other facility I liked. I liked the dining area. The menu was fine; in fact, they allowed us to eat a meal there. The room has its own bat... Read more