6 Assisted Living Facilities near Gadsden, AL
Also serving communities of Rainbow City, Attalla, Southside, Glencoe.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gadsden area, with 2 in Gadsden and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gadsden. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gadsden 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gadsden, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Gadsden, AL
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Gadsden, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gadsden
Gadsden, Alabama, is located in the northeastern part of the state and has a senior population of 17 percent. Seniors here may enjoy strolling through downtown Gadsden, gazing at Noccalula Falls, exploring The Center for Cultural Arts and attending the Gadsden River Fest.
With 13 assisted living facilities in or near Gadsden, aging adults seeking assisted living services have plenty of choices. Two facilities are within the city itself, and the remaining 11 are scattered around the surrounding area. Licensing for assisted living facilities is handled by the State Board of Health, which enforces compliance with all laws and regulations governing these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gadsden
- Gadsden has a comfortable climate, with an average of 205 sunny days annually. Sperling’s Comfort Index ranks Gadsden at 60 out of 100, which is higher than the national average of 54. There an average of 0 inches of snow in Gadsden; the national average for snowfall is 26 inches.
- The public transportation system in Gadsden gives seniors a convenient, cost-effective way to navigate the city. The trolley service runs daily and has half-price fares for seniors 60 and older.
- Seniors in Gadsden have plenty of arts and culture to enjoy. They can enjoy a movie at one of the city’s several cinemas or peruse the paintings at the Gadsden Museum of Art, where admission is free.
- The Gadsden area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Gadsden Regional Medical Center and Riverview Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Gadsden has a violent crime rate of 80.8, which is higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. The property crime rate in Gadsden is also high at 83.8; the national average is 38.1.
- Shopping in Gadsden and the rest of Alabama may be more expensive as compared with other states because of the higher tax rate. Sales tax in Gadsden is 9.0 percent; the national average is 6.0 percent.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gadsden
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Gadsden start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gadsden and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gadsden
Seniors with limited financial means may qualify for programs that help pay for assisted living. Alabama Medicaid has several financial assistance programs for seniors, including the Elderly and Disabled Waiver and the SAIL Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gadsden
Gadsden and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gadsden, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gadsden
Gadsden-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gadsden
Review of The Magnolia Gardens Assisted Living
My father-in-law is at The Meadows of Rainbow City. The price of the rent covers giving him the medications and the assistance. The staff is nice. So far, so good. They're very good, very caring, a... Read more
Review of Mountain Cove Assisted Living
Mountain Cove was the one I would have considered for Mom. The whole place and the rooms looked nice, and there was enough space in the room for what Mom needed. It was an OK place. Read more
Review of The Magnolia Gardens Assisted Living
Mom has been staying at Meadows of Rainbow City for a week now. The place is very friendly and clean. They provide good food, and the people working there are very sweet. I don't have any complaint... Read more