3 Assisted Living Facilities near Pell City, AL
Also serving communities of Cook Springs.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pell City area, with 2 in Pell City and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pell City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pell City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Talladega with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pell City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Pell City, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pell City
Pell City is just 35 miles east of Birmingham, putting seniors close to the biggest city in Alabama and the diverse culture it offers. Seniors aged 65 and older make up 17% of the population in Pell City. For those wishing to receive support for the activities of daily living while still enjoying as much independence as possible, Pell City offers two assisted living facilities, with one more nearby in Cook Springs.
The Alabama Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Provider Standards has governance over assisted living communities in Pell City and in all of Alabama.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pell City
- The Pell City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Vincent's St. Clair Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pell City’s cost of living is about 6% higher than the state average, but 6% lower than the national average. While seniors pay less for groceries and housing than the U.S. average, they incur higher costs in utilities, transportation and healthcare.
- Winters are mild in Pell City, with an average January low of 30 degrees and virtually no snow, but the summers are hot and humid. The decidedly Southern climate boasts an average rainfall of 55 inches, one of the highest in the United States. The long, oppressive summers with frequent thunderstorms and a July high of 90 degrees may be hard for seniors who don’t do well in subtropical climates.
- Pell City residents enjoy Alabama’s tax-friendly policies. Social Security benefits are exempt from taxation, and income tax rates range from 2% to 5%. Kiplinger’s states that Alabama offers seniors many of the perks of Florida for a lot less money.
- While Pell City’s violent crime rate of 25.2 is in line with the national average of 22.7, property crime is higher here. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being high property crime, Pell City ranks a 46.8, compared to the U.S. average of 35.4. Family members should confirm a facility is equipped with an advanced security system to ensure their loved one’s safety.
- The Pell City area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Pell City Senior Center, which offers hot lunches, social events, physical activities and day trips.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pell City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Pell City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pell City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pell City
The current Medicaid waivers in Alabama do not financially help seniors in assisted living but are designed to help seniors remain in their homes.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pell City
Pell City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pell City, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pell City
Pell City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pell City, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pell City
Review of Oak Circle Assisted Living
My dad is currently at Oak Circle Assisted Living. It is homey, there is only 16 rooms and it is a family-owned business. It is nice and small. The staff are nice and very accommodating. He likes t... Read more