5 Assisted Living Facilities near Anniston, AL
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Anniston area, with 3 in Anniston and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Anniston is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,581.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Anniston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Anniston 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jacksonville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Anniston find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Anniston, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Anniston, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Anniston
Anniston, Alabama is an urban center in Calhoun County that features walking trails, historic architecture, and locally inspired cuisine. Seniors in Anniston make up over 20 percent of the population. This group will find three assisted living communities in the city and six nearby.
Assisted living facilities are monitored closely by the dedicated state agency, The Bureau of Health Provider Standards. This agency works alongside the Alabama Department of Senior Services to help monitor and enforce regulations and assist senior citizens with their living arrangements.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Anniston
- Anniston's winter season is short but both damp and cold. Traditional summers are long and humid, though temperatures rarely exceed 95-degrees Fahrenheit. The climate is comfortable for seniors who enjoy moderate, partly cloudy weather year-round.
- The cost of living in Anniston is 13 percent lower than the national average in almost every expense category except utility bills.
- Anniston violence and property crime rates soar above all other cities, making it one of the most dangerous places to live in the nation. Residents have a 1-in-9 chance of being a victim of a crime.
- Alabama residents have access to free transportation through the Alabama Medicaid Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) program or Paratransit, for disabled seniors. Additionally, public transit runs a fixed route throughout all Weaver, Anniston, Hobson City and Oxford with discounts offered for both seniors and Medicaid recipients.
- The Anniston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including RMC Regional Medical Centre, CARES, Southern Immediate Cape, Stringfellow Memorial Hospital, RMC Oxford Mediplex, Champion Sports Medical and Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Anniston has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Anniston Golden Agers, an organization that provides fellowships, volunteer opportunities and activities to keep seniors entertained.
Paying for Assisted Living in Anniston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Anniston start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Anniston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Anniston
Eligible Seniors living in Anniston have financial assistance options through Medicaid: Home and Community Based Waiver and SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Anniston
Anniston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Anniston, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Anniston
Anniston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Anniston, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Anniston
Review of Autumn Cove Assisted Living & Memory Care
My brother has moved into Autumn Cove Assisted Living & Memory Care. So far, so good. I have no complaints. They're really caring and really nice. His room is really nice. It's spacious. It has... Read more
Review of Autumn Cove Assisted Living & Memory Care
The tour at Autumn Cove Assisted Living & Memory Care was good. It's on the expensive side. It's a good place, it's just too expensive. They're in a great location being in Anniston. It's a ver... Read more
Review of McClellan Senior Living
McClellan Assisted Living Facility was very nice. It had multiple levels, like four or five stories tall and you have elevators to go up and down, and we were a little concerned about my mom gettin... Read more