5 Assisted Living Facilities in Carrollton, GA
Also serving communities of Bowdon, Bremen.
The average cost of assisted living in Carrollton is $2,872 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 32 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Carrollton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Carrollton 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Villa Rica with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Carrollton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carrollton
The city of Carrollton is located about an hour west of Atlanta near the Alabama state line. One of the best cities of which to retire in Georgia, Carrollton has five assisted living facilities within the city limits and 23 nearby for seniors who require help with daily living tasks, including grooming, housekeeping and medication administration. These facilities in Carrollton are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carrollton
- The Carrollton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Tanner Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Carrollton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Carroll County Senior Services, an organization that arranges group trips and activities for seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
- The Carroll County Transit System provides rides at discount fares for seniors in Carrollton who need a ride to medical appointments and various errands. This door-to-door service should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Each van will seat up to 10 people and is equipped with wheelchair lifts.
- The cost of living index in Carrollton is 98.8, which is slightly lower than the national and state average of 100. Seniors who live in Carrollton may be able to hold onto more of their money when purchasing groceries and other necessities.
- Like most cities in Georgia, Carrollton experiences hot and humid summers with highs around 88 degrees Fahrenheit and short and cold winters with lows around 30 degrees Fahrenheit. The area only gets around an inch of snow a year and approximately 52 inches or rain. Golf and other leisure sports are played outdoors year-round, which is ideal for active seniors.
- Crime is significantly higher in Carrollton than the national average, which is a safety concern for seniors in the area. When ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), property crime is ranked 64.6, which is high in comparison to the national average of 38.1 and violent crime is ranked 57.8 in comparison to the national average of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carrollton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Carrollton start around $2,872 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carrollton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carrollton
Carrollton and the state of Georgia have two different waivers through the Medicaid State Plan to help seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is available to Medicaid eligible seniors who are 60 and older and require nursing care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is available for individuals 65 and older or individuals with disabilities who are under the age of 65 and require nursing-home level care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carrollton
Carrollton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carrollton, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carrollton
Carrollton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Carrollton, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carrollton
Review of The Hudson House, LLC.
I'm very happy with The Hudson House. It's affordable and anything they think I need to know, they call me. They're direct and upfront. It used to be a nursing home, and it's laid out good, it's sa... Read more
Review of Cottage Landing
Cottage Landing was a very nice place. The staff was very professional and very pleasant. The residents took the time to talk to us and give us their opinion. They had a communal dining room and pr... Read more
Review of The Hudson House, LLC.
The Hudson House felt like home. Everyone there from the owner down to the maintenance staff was very helpful, sweet, nice, and they all include themselves in their daily living. The place doesn't ... Read more