13 Assisted Living Facilities near Trussville, AL
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Trussville area, with 2 in Trussville and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Trussville is $3,275 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 75 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Trussville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Trussville 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Birmingham with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Trussville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Trussville, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Trussville
Trussville, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham, offers a notable historic district and natural scenery along the Cahaba River. In 2005, the town won a spot on list of Best Places to Live by CNN Money. Today, about 22,000 people live in Trussville, and senior citizens make up about 15 percent of the population.
The Trussville area features 17 assisted living facilities for seniors, with three in the city and 14 in nearby towns, including Birmingham and Hoover. Throughout the state of Alabama, an assisted living facility is a residence that helps at least three people with activities of daily living and may provide medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Trussville
- The climate in Trussville scores 58 out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index, which is better than the national average. Summer temperatures reach an average high of 89 degrees in July. Seniors here can expect light winter weather, with about an inch of snow and an average January low of 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trussville is part of the Birmingham-Hoover-Talladega region, which tied first place for the cleanest metropolitan area for 24-hour particle pollution by the American Lung Association. However, the overall county earned an F for ozone pollution, which may aggravate lung conditions, such as COPD.
- The sales tax rate in Trussville is 10 percent, which is 4 percent higher than the U.S. average. The income tax rate goes up to 5 percent depending on income, and Alabama taxes income from a 401k or IRA. However, some types of retirement and Social Security benefits are exempt from income taxation in Alabama, which can improve the budget for some seniors.
- Seniors may feel more secure in Trussville than other parts of Alabama, as the rates for property crime and violent crime are lower than the state averages. Trussville has a better crime rate than 61 percent of other cities in Alabama.
- The Trussville area features many points of interest for arts and culture, such as Sips n Strokes studio, the Bama Flea Mall & Antique Center and the ACTA Theatre. Trussville is only a 20-minute drive from Birmingham, which features many more attractions, such as the Birmingham Museum of Art.
- Trussville has an array of community resources for seniors, including a senior center that offers exercise classes, dance lessons, games, Bible study and a lunch program.
Paying for Assisted Living in Trussville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Trussville start around $3,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Trussville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Trussville
The Medicaid program in Alabama does not include assisted living facilities in its coverage for long-term care programs. Home- and community-based waivers are used for nursing care or specialized facilities only. Residents must use personal resources or private insurance to pay for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Trussville
Trussville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Trussville, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Trussville
Trussville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Trussville
Review of Peachtree Senior Living
My mother was in Peachtree Senior Living, which we're not happy with. She was in the assisted living, if you could call it that. It was more like a nursing home. They weren't very good, and they sh... Read more
Review of Legacy Ridge Trussville
Legacy Ridge Trussville was very quiet when I first stepped inside. The apartment that I saw was small and kind of bare-bones; it was minimal. The person who gave me the tour was as nice as she cou... Read more
Review of Peachtree Senior Living
This community is amazing. Great staff, the residents are happy, and the building was clean and well kept. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a safe environment. i am glad we sto... Read more