Rose Wood Manor

Reviews of Rose Wood Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Rose Wood Manor

February 20, 2015

By staticelectric

We have been very happy with this facility. We have a loved one there and feel she is well taken care of. No place is perfect, but we drop in at random times throughout any given day and things are always to our expectations. The sweet caregivers are always working hard caring for the residence on every (OFTEN) occasion we have been there. The food is basically what one would prepare for themselves at home-- nothing gourmet, but who would expect that on a daily basis. Our loved one is bathed daily, and they make sure she has clean clothes on and gets exercise in by walking. There are even exercise classes several times a week. They don't just let her lie in bed like they did when she was at the nursing home. The rooms are small, but she has a double bed, nightstand, chest of drawers, television, recliner with a table beside it, and still has plenty of room for her walker to navigate. We feel blessed to have a safe place for her to be... a place were her medications are given at the proper times, were we know she is getting three meals a day (plus snacks). Living alone is not an option for her. Rosewood gives her the ability to be independent (not in a nursing home) while giving us a calm of knowing she is cared for. Caring for the elderly isn't a easy job, I know, but I think they are doing a great job. THANK YOU!

July 22, 2014

By Caring83920150

I was not pleased at all with the rooms and the staff at Rose Wood Manor. The staff seemed snobbish. They were just too matter-of-fact. You ask them a question, they gave you an answer. They did not elaborate. The room was just one large room with a bathroom attached. It would not accommodate my furnishings. I was not impressed with it. The facility was dirty. I walked into the bathroom, and I noticed that the garbage cans were overwhelming and the commodes were dirty; that pretty much set the pace for the entire tour.

January 24, 2013

By mams3

it's not as bad as some say it is.. But they need more caregivers on staff... And a nurse around the clock. And a better menu. they should hire people just for laundry and cleaning so caregivers can spend more time doing their caregiving with the residents.. But it is a nice place..And the caregivers do care..

September 12, 2012

By smh1

I would hate to spend my last years or days in this facility. The patients are not cared for properly in my opinion. The place was dirty. Everything in the place would always stink. I would see patients ringing their bell that is for when they need help, and I overheard some of the staff saying that's okay, he/she always does that. Its not an emergency... It could have been an emergency thing time, you never know. Most of the nursing staff seems to work very hard and you can hear whispers about them being very underpaid. They run nonstop, so I could easily see this. I do not know if the place is in such bad shape because there is not enough people on staff, or if it is a lack of care to do a good job, or if it is just overall management, but it is not a place I am proud to say I had family in.

Costs for Rose Wood Manor

Photos of Rose Wood Manor

Services and Amenities of Rose Wood Manor

• State Licenses: P3602

• About Rose Wood Manor

Rose Wood Manor is a home-like senior community located in picturesque Scottsboro, Alabama. Scottsboro and Rose Wood Manor represent southern living at its best. Scottsboro is known for its bass fishing on the great Tennessee River's Lake Guntersville Reservoir, to golfing on two of the most beautiful courses in the south. Scottsboro is the home of the oldest trade day in the country. Located around the Jackson County Square in Scottsboro, First Monday began at the turn of the 20th century and survives even today. You never know what you might find there.

Rose Wood Manor is nestled in the proximity of Jackson County Park and the Scottsboro-Jackson County Center Council on Aging facility. The breathtaking view of Roseberry Creek area of Lake Guntersville, intertwined with the abundance of activities throughout the week, makes Rose Wood Manor the right place to call home.

Licensed Assisted Living | Secure Memory Care

Each of our residents is provided with:

• 24 hour trained staff
    • Private room & bath (handicapped accessible)
    • Emergency call system
    • Special diet accommodations
    • Laundry services
    • Sprinkler system
    • Handrails
    • Local transportation provided senior bus
    • Full activity program with games, religious services, monthly birthday parties, monthly resident council meetings, exercise program- featuring Thai Chi and entertainment such as bluegrass, gospel bands, youth choirs and line dancing.

Specialty Care Assisted Living

Rose Wood Manor offers additional services for these residents with special needs:

• Secure Facility
    • Memory Care Programs
    • Assistance with personal care
    • Staff trained using state approved program for residents with memory deficits
    • Medication administered by licensed nurses
    • We are the ONLY facility in the area with a full time Registered Nurse on staff
    • Beautician on site
    • Courtyard
    • Full time Activity Director

From bass fishing on the great Tennessee River's Lake Guntersville Reservoir, to golfing on two of the most beautiful courses in the south, adventure awaits. Take a journey on any or all of our numerous walking trails and enjoy what nature has to offer. We hope that you will spend a few minutes to discover all the beauty and wonder that we have to offer. Scottsboro represents southern living at its best.

Whether you are looking to relocate, begin a business or just visit Scottsboro, spend a few minutes here and learn.

Map of Rose Wood Manor