The Gardens on University

Nursing Home Reviews for The Gardens on University

March 03, 2017

By University City1

Other

The Gardens has undergone a significant change in leadership, bringing in a new Administrator and Director of Nursing who are committed to the community. The morale in the building is high and they have been able to hire their own staff, rather than temporary folks. This consistency in care has led to a better living situation for all folks who reside there. While it might not be the newest or prettiest building in the area what they do well is provide a homelike environment with good food, a great in-house therapy department and caring employees.

July 20, 2015

By Michelle107982950

My friend is at Gardens On University. It is more of a rehabilitation place. I really don't care for it too much; it is not somewhere where my friend should be. She needs more one-on-one care, and she isn't getting it. I think she is just getting medicated and kind of left in her room, so I'm not very happy with it. When I could find a staff, they couldn't answer my questions, and I don't feel that my friend is getting care that well because they couldn't even find her wheelchair foot ramps.

June 19, 2014

By Cindy86599150

My uncle was at the Gardens on University for about two and a half months before he passed away. The staff was wonderful. I liked how they greeted me and showed me around. They also knew what they were talking about. The rooms were fine. I was there every day, so I was aware of what was going on, and they were very helpful. They have activities, but my uncle was not a social guy, so he didn’t do any of them.

February 27, 2013

By Memyselfni

Other

Visited a friend daily that had to stay there for six months and watched 8 members die in 8 days on the same wing under the care of the same nurse as my friends and during that same week didn't even bother to look at my friends charts and was reluctant to see that the doctor changed his medication from 6... 5mg oxycodone to 2...15mg oxycodone and gave my friend 6.... 15mg oxys, within an hour he was puking and drooling. they gave him store bought cran cocktail juice and told him to flush his system. the nurse was not punished in any way. After I walked into the higher up's board meeting to address the matter, both my friend and I where banned from entering the facility again!

Services and Amenities of The Gardens on University

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About The Gardens on University

The Gardens on University is a senior living provider in Spokane, Washington that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Gardens on University for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Gardens on University