Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham

March 13, 2017

By Barbara705138

It was a very nice place. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. The staff was very caring. The rooms were fine but small. They had bingo, movies, Bible studies, and shopping trips.

November 24, 2016

By Dianne728188

I really liked it, but they don't have assisted living or memory care. It's mostly retirement homes, so anything else you’d need, you'd have to privately have someone else come in. They’re a nice facility for retirement, but there are no nurses or extra care there. There's just a warm, fuzzy feeling to it. It’s very easy to navigate, and it's a warm community.

November 22, 2014

By Glo2

I moved my mother back to where she used to be here, the same place she moved from. Everything worked out just fine. I tried and moved her back there because we checked out other places and that she decided she want to go back to where she moved from. All her friends are still there, and everything is the same, although she is in a different apartment. The dining is wonderful. Her studio is the same type of studio she had before; everything just worked out really well. The cooperation and the help I got from the staff there in moving her back and the willingness to work with me because it was a long distance was great. I did it all on the phone, and they were willing to. They were very cooperative as far as paperwork and involved with saying in everything in all that, setting up for payments. So they were very helpful with that. It was the best location for her, and they went over and beyond

October 22, 2014

I visited about a month ago. I went there because they invited me for a meal, and the food was pretty good. The place was very clean. The staff was good, and the residents were friendly. However, they don't have a nurse in the establishment which is why I didn't look into it as a final place to go.

September 23, 2013

I like it and everything is working out just fine with my mom. She's only been there for a week, but so far so good. The staff is good. Mom is happy there.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We range in age from 57-102. We have several activities that the residents enjoy including bean bag baseball, Silver Sneakers, Chair yoga, and Bingo.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located in the beautiful Fairhaven district of Bellingham. The Fairhaven district is a wonderful walking community with a locally owned book store, several locally owned shops and eateries. We are minutes away from whale watching and lovely waterfront beach area with walking trails and coffee shops. We have a fabulous theater community with small independent theatres and Western Washington University right in our backyard. We are 10 minutes to the marina and waterfront dining. We have 2 lakes with public access within 10 minutes of us and several golf courses.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham has organized?

Visits to Chinatown in British Columbia (just 1 hour away), Snoqualimie Falls, the quaint waterfront community of La Conner, a Kangaroo Farm, Tulip Fields, The Symphony, and majestic Artist Point at Mount Baker.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham offer to independent living residents?

We offer a 13 passenger shuttle bus that has scheduled routes and open opportunities to take residents to their doctors appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We offer 3 chef prepared meals each day with 6-7 choices each meal. Our chef is classically trained and meets with the residents regularly to check in on how the meals are being received and also takes suggestions from the residents about family tradition meals that they miss having and if possible, he incorporates them into the menu. We use many locally sourced products from our surrounding fertile farmlands.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a beautiful natural light atrium that houses our library, an exercise room, an activity room and a movie room. Our game loft features a pool table and plenty of places to put a jigsaw puzzle together or join in on a hand of cards.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham offer to independent living residents?

We offer all of our residents a Great Call device that has direct dialing to 911 and alerts or 24 hour staffed front desk at the same time. This is included in the rent. All of our apartments have sprinklers, smoke detectors and Co2 detectors. The closest Emergency vehicles are only moments away and can be here in just minutes.

If Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and we have lovely walking paths all around us. We have several breweries in the area that are completely dog friendly and encourage you to bring your dog and make new friends. Both of our lakes have off lease areas for your dog as well.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have several agencies in the area that we work with to provide assistance, including Right at Home and Home Attendant Care

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham

parkwaychateau.com

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Bellingham