Mercer Place

Reviews of Mercer Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Mercer Place

April 17, 2013

By gbarnes

I really love being here at Mercer House all the people are very very frendly as are the employees the house keeper the mant. man and especially the managment everyone is so sweet.The food is GREAT! I do the karaoke here and I love to do and the residents seem to love it. My daughter two graddaughters liv here in town and i can visit them any time I want to. I also am a member in the VFW and I am able to visit it often thanks Grover Barnes a very happy resident

August 27, 2012

By MissPriss1

I thought that Mercer House was outstanding. The facility was so nice and it always smelled great. I loved the homey atmosphere. The place was always decorated for all the seasons and the entire staff was so nice. I loved that there was an activity every night for the residents. This allows them to socialize to get to know the other residents. The food was also very good. A lot of places serve very bland food. But, Mercer House serves wonderfully, flavorful food. My grandfather and I never had a complaint. I know that every resident was taken great care of. It really is a great place to live. After visiting other assistaed living facilities, I could easily tell a difference between Mercer House and some other facilities. Mercer House did not feel like an assisted living facility. It felt like a home. Everyone was very friendly and loving. Moving in to other facilities may feel like your giving up a part of your life because you next some extra help from providers. At Mercer House, you do not give anything up. You may visit friends and family whenever you would like. They may also visit you. You still get to live your life. I think that is the most important thing!

Thanks, MissPriss1, for the feedback! It is heartwarming to hear that your grandfather and you enjoyed Mercer House assisted living. Your compliments on the décor, staff, food, and overall atmosphere will be passed on to the staff at Mercer House. Please keep Mercer House in mind when talking to friends and family who may need extra assistance. We would love to have your wonderful feedback on our web site. When you have a moment, please visit http://www.alcco.com/contact-us/quality-connection/ today to submit your testimonial! And, thank you again for taking the time to compliment Mercer House.

May 31, 2012

By Sandra3

My Dad was staying here for two months now. The people were friendly and helpful. The only problem we had was the food. They mentioned they do offer a flexible meal plan to the residents, and we already raised the issue to the corporate office and said they are already working it out. Though it seems like it's not showing up yet. But overall the place is recommendable. The facilities were nice and they provide enough activities for their residents

Thank you, Sandra3, for taking the time to provide feedback on your father's stay at Mercer House assisted living. I am glad to hear you had a positive experience with our staff and accommodations, but I am sorry to hear that you and your father did not enjoy the food. Our menus are created by a registered dietitian with alternate options for our residents. We even have meals chosen by the residents at least once a month. In the past 6 months, we have taken more steps in providing quality food for our residents. I would like to discuss your concerns offline, so please contact me at (920) 333-0267 or ptessmer@alcco.com. You can also contact our Quality Connection Line at 1-888-777-4780 or quality@alcco.com to discuss any concerns or questions. Regards, Patricia Tessmer, RD, CD, Director of Dining and Nutrition Services

April 05, 2012

By aphigirl

I believe that Mercer House is a great facility. It was always very clean and an overall nice environment. My favority thing about the facility was it's ability to be so homey. You would never guess that the facility is an assisted living center. They were always decorating for every holiday and it was always very festive. The place also smelled very nice. People were always happy to see you and you are always greeted upon entering. I like to think of the facility as a dorm room lifestyle for the elderly, in a sense. There was always events, such as: bunko, bingo, chess, you name it. There was a laundry room, a kitchen, a hair salon, and various other areas within the facility. I loved it! Lastly, the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone needing to go to an assisted living facility.

Costs for Mercer Place

Services and Amenities of Mercer Place

• Nurse On Staff: Limited Hours Per Week, On Call 24/7

• Low Salt

• Pets: All Pets

About Mercer Place

The heartbeat of Mercer Place is our caring staff and homelike senior living community. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Residents can engage in a variety of activities, such as tai chi, arts and crafts, bingo, card and board games, themed parties, and exercise classes. We also host invigorating outdoor events on our grounds such as barbecues and carnivals, and go on outings for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Schedule your visit at our Rowlett assisted living community today.

Map of Mercer Place