Main Street

Reviews of Main Street

Assisted Living Reviews for Main Street

February 25, 2015

By Mark106738250

I visited about two months ago. The staff was friendly, and the rooms were very clean. I prefer that because it was near to where my parents lived and to where some of my family was centrally located. It was good, and it was nicely decorated. They had an aquarium, and it was nice. The activities were fine, and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I was doing research, and that is the stop I made. There were no red flags at all.

December 12, 2013

By Floyd3

I toured last July or August and I liked the facility. It's very nice and clean. The staff was great and very helpful in showing me around the facility. We also discussed several things and they told me about getting help with the government which I didn’t know about. It seems like they take care of the people. They also have a secured area for memory care patients which I was impressed with.

November 26, 2013

It's a nice place. They have nice rooms. The staff is all friendly. They don't have that many activities.

September 30, 2013

By Brenda22

The place is very nice. It's well kept and it didn't seem like any kind of nursing home or assisted living. It's more like apartments. My mother is really enjoying the place. What I found funny about the place is that when its meal time, the nurses all come by and tell them about 20 minutes ahead of time and you will see the doors open to all their apartments and all of the residents are out flying in their walkers, I find that funny. They really have good food and she is really pleased with it. The place is very clean and updated. My mom shares the room with another lady. They have two bedrooms, one living room, a little kitchenette, and a big bathroom. They play bingo and do art. They also have cooking. They play music and my mom listens to that sometimes. They always have something going on. They have a really nice friendly staff. The only thing I would say would be that they don't do laundry very often, they only do that once a week, and so it piles up.

September 19, 2013

By caring7309

I have my wife here. She has been there for three months now. We chose this facility because of its reputation. The facility is nice, clean and well-cared for. Their director has helped adjust the cost for us but it is still very expensive. They are short on staff but I think they're taking steps to remedy that. One of the drawbacks that I had with them was that they didn't have anybody at the telephone board all weekend. I told them that's unacceptable because they're dealing with people 24/7 including Saturday and Sunday. The director had made some adjustments and she got some of her staff on the phone from 8 am to 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday. We have also seen some of the new staff members, particularly the aides. Some of them don't seem to know what they're doing but they're there and they're hands and feet when they're called on. My wife has a pretty advanced state of Parkinson's, so she has lost her sense of balance. There were times when my wife was reluctant to wait on them to respond to her call, so she got impatient and tried to make it on her own. Because of that, she had fallen twice. At one time, she had a wound on her arm that bled profusely and at another time, she hit her head on the tile floor of the little kitchenette. She really was kind of out of touch with reality for about 24-30 hours after that. Fortunately, she has come back and is doing well now. I have to hire outside help, an LPN, for my wife. I have her some weeks when I'm inordinately busy. I pay her more than this community pays their aides by the hour. Overall, I would recommend this facility but I would do it with reservation.

May 02, 2012

By Vandy80grad

This is a wonderful place. My mother resides at The Terrace at Bluegrass and her improvements from when she was at home are impressive. I do not understand the review below about the food. My mother has gained 11 much needed pounds and raves about the food. My mother went in to The Terrace at Bluegrass in a wheelchair and with help of staff she is now up and walking again. I could not be happier with the care she is getting. The process of moving her in was flawless. The young lady that assisted us was very helpful and caring to our needs. I would highly recomend moving your parents to The Terrace at Bluegrass. You won't regret it!

June 27, 2011

By Shanesgurl1987

Upon visiting this facility on several occasions,I really like this faciity and the care that was provided. I walked in and was greeted by many people. I asked for help finding a patients room and I was personall escorted to the room. Upon arrival to the patients room, I discovered that the patient had an accident and the person from the front changed the patient even though it was not her job. I was overly impressed by this facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Main Street

Questions about Main Street

What transportation services does Main Street offer to assisted living residents?

From around your neighborhood to out in the town, we want you to live your life to the fullest. We welcome residents to explore nearby attractions and events at their leisure and ensure that your travel is safe and convenient. Whether it’s to attend medical appointments or enjoy the local flavors and shops, we connect you with transportation you can count on.

What makes the chef or dining program at Main Street exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A healthy lifestyle starts with healthy eating options. Our meals are made with real ingredients, by real chefs. From 24/7 availability of snacks and beverages to options for social, family-style meals, dining at Main Street is sure to add flavor to your everyday experience. Homemade and restaurant-quality, our food is fit for any taste.

Photos of Main Street

Services and Amenities of Main Street

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL & MC - 0000000141

About Main Street

Main Street goes beyond senior housing. We strive to provide a distinctive lifestyle filled with friendships, endless activities, and exceptional attention to detail. From all day restaurant-style dining to life enriching activities, we offer a wealth of thoughtfully designed services and amenities included in your monthly rent.

Come sit by the fireplace, or gather around the piano. Curl up with a book from our library, or join in a fitness class. Entertain your family in our private dining room, or meet up with friends for afternoon social hour.

Step outside into the nature preserve and discover peaceful outdoor spaces. Our beautiful community boasts walking paths and a beautiful large courtyard.

Map of Main Street