The Parker

Reviews of The Parker

Assisted Living Reviews for The Parker

January 24, 2018

By DMabery

My dad has lived here for going on two years. This community tries as hard as it can as a whole. The director has a good idea of what needs to be done but he just isn't given the tools needed. The dining room has improved and I don't hear as many concerns when I visit. The food looks more appetizing than it did when we first moved here. The new kitchen manager is extremely helpful and seems like a great addition. They have lots of activities available but it seems like most of the residents have dementia and need more care. My dad enjoys all the things they offer and participates in everything he can. The activities director is very sweet and caring. We have had our ups and downs with medical staff but the nurse doesn't work there anymore. She wasn't the most caring person and I think the staff and residents noticed. My main complaint would be the staff talking loudly sometimes around residents in the dining room. I've heard conversations by staff and managers that no one outside the staff should be hearing. Overall, it's a good place but just needs more good people to work there.

January 05, 2018

By Amanda

The tour at Brookdale Cleveland Park was very good. I liked it. The people were very easy to talk to and very welcoming. I liked the rooms. They have an option for a little bit more space, and I like that they have assisted living and memory care. I know they offer activities, so that's good. Some people were doing activities together, which was nice. I saw a group doing some kind of card activity, there was involvement, so that was nice too. The people I met were friendly and nice.

May 31, 2017

By hallock

Brookdale Cleveland Park was trying as hard as it can to do good. The manager in charge was doing so much for it to get better, but it wasn’t very well maintained. Some of the employees couldn’t be better. Some of the kitchens in the rooms didn’t have running water; we had to go to the bathroom to do our dishwashing. The food was definitely very substandard. I could not live in the 1-bedroom unit because it was too small; I had to get the 2-bedroom. The cook was also a problem because some days, he just didn’t show up for breakfast, and we'd sit for an hour waiting for food. The director was such a nice guy and trying so hard, but they hadn’t given him the stuff he needed.

August 12, 2016

By Linda026372

Brookdale Cleveland Park is quite a nice plac,e but they could keep it up a little bit better. They have a really nice dining room. They messed up my Dad's meds and I know they felt terrible. I know they have a lot of turnover with the caregivers. They put all these activities on their schedule and my mom would go running to participate, but there wouldn't be any activities. There was supposed to be an ice cream social, and the residents were waiting for the activity, but there was no ice cream and no staff member conducting an ice cream social. They had a really good volunteer craft lady who did a good job. The dining area and the rooms were very nice.

May 10, 2016

By Sandy124444350

We chose Brookdale Cleveland Park for my mother. The place is very home-oriented, and the people are very friendly. My mother is very happy and has a lot of things to do. The food is OK and comes with lots of choices. She has a two-room apartment with a living room and a bedroom with a huge walk-in closet.

March 27, 2016

By J5

Brookdale Cleveland Park seemed like a very nice place to put a loved one. It was just very well maintained. The staff was very pleasant, and the residents seemed happy. Probably the biggest prohibiting factor was the cost.

December 30, 2015

By Diane118683050

My mom was at Brookdale Cleveland Park. I like its location the best. The level of care was marginal. I would not say that the staff was dedicated though. For the most part, they were just doing their jobs. The rooms were very nice, but with regards to food, my mom mostly did not eat their food because it was delivered cold. They need to improve on their staffing.

May 26, 2015

By runforthehills

My advice to anyone interested in the facility is that they run as far away as they can. Great activities calendar - look hard - it consists of nothing. Staff have a hard time working between socializing and talking on their phones. The rugs are filthy, housekeeping consists of a quick run of the vacuum cleaner over the carpet and taking out what little trash a resident can accumulate. If you want the bathroom cleaned - you better do it yourself. If you want dusting - get ready to do it yourself. If you want the "kitchenette" counter cleaned - do it yourself. I wouldn't recommend this facility to my worst enemy.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

April 17, 2015

By John104080750

My mother is in Brookdale Senior Living. I think the staff has been good. The food is very good. They have lots of activities scheduled. The facility is nice. I am very pleased with the safety and the security, the food, and the medical staff. Unfortunately, my mom is in a situation with her dementia where she is not able to take very good advantage of a lot of the social things, but we are trying to work on that. However, it has been a pretty good experience so far. We have no issues with the facility. She is in a studio apartment. It is very well done and adequate for her needs. They take the residents out for shopping and for dinner. Then they have dancing, Zumba, bingo, and church. They have something every day. However, that place needs to work on their communication with people like me that have their loved ones in there. They are a little slack in that area. My mom has been there for a couple of months, and I will recommend them to others.

February 22, 2015

By Celia4

Mom has been at Homewood for two and a half years. It had been recommended by one of her doctors. She has a nice and big private room right now. It has a private bath, a room, and a little refrigerator. We’ve had quite a turnover over there; that’s one of the issues that we have right now. She says that the food is fairly good. The common dining room is nice. They have their own little group tables that they sit at. They do have many activities. They do their bingo. They have outside people coming in. They have little church groups. The staff is helpful. What stood out for us was the much homier atmosphere there.

February 08, 2015

I went to one facility close to my office. I was going to let my mother stay there at Homewood at Cleveland Park, but for some reason, she couldn't stay there because of something with her health. If you have some condition or you are unable to stand up by yourself or something like that, you can't stay there. She didn't fit their qualifications. The people that assisted me during my visit were nice. I didn't see their rooms, but I think they showed me the dining area. I wasn't there very long.

September 23, 2014

What I liked the most at Homewood at Cleveland Park was that it felt more homey and more comfortable. They had a lot of really nice staff there. They looked like they were ready to help any second. The rooms I visited were staged to looked like someone lived there and they were really nice looking. It seemed liked they kept everything very clean and comfortable looking. They had an occupational and physical therapy, which I thought was great because my mother had a stroke, so it would be very beneficial for her and since Medicare would pay for it, she would be able to do that in the same place. They had an activity room where they would sometimes watch movies and play games. She hadn't played any games lately, I knew she liked movies part. I would recommend them and I thought they would be better for a variety of age.

April 11, 2014

By Nancy82829350

I liked Homewood, but I just didn’t feel my brother would fit in there. It’s really a nice and clean community. They’ve got plenty of activities there, and they take them to places. The staff is nice, and the residents seemed happy. The rooms were real nice.

January 27, 2014

By caring78033450

Homewood was clean and had an upscale look to it. It looked very welcoming, bright and cheery. It was well maintained. I was impressed with the staff who was very professional and very positive. They had very nice arrangements for what I was looking for and although it wasn’t enough, it was fine for a small place.

November 27, 2013

I had a very favorable impression on Homewood and when it's time to make a selection, that's the one that I seriously consider. My only concern about that one was that it was so large. I was just afraid it might be too intimidating for mom and she might have trouble finding her way back to her room. It had three floors. The room was very nice and suitable. The location was good and the prices were reasonable. The staff was accommodating. I liked it but I was not sure it was the best place for mom because of the size.

May 28, 2013

By Kelllie

Homewood Residence at Cleveland Park is very convenient. The place is very clean, and my dad refers to it as a very nice, high-end hotel. They have very large rooms with beautiful view, and an in-house therapy. The staff is extremely nice. If there are little things that came up, they call me. I am in and out of there several times a day every day and they all know me. They have three full-time nurses and each floor has a nurse's station. It is just a very loving community and we are very pleased. The only thing my father complains about is the food.

May 20, 2013

By concernedd

The staff spends all their time socializing. You can never find them when you need them... which means the residents can never find them when they need them. Forget to order medicine, doubt they remember to give medicine. The staff is so unhelpful it's ridiculous. Resident has found them hanging out in their room.

October 30, 2012

By jhnstnwll

My grandfather lives here, and he says he can't complain. They have a lot of activities to keep residents busy, and there is always something to do. He couldnt find many faults with it, and thats good enough for me.

Memory Care Reviews for The Parker

Questions about The Parker

What places are near The Parker or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Cleveland Park, The Greenville Zoo, The Parker is centrally located in Downtown Greenville, close to many attractions.

Costs for The Parker

Photos of The Parker

Services and Amenities of The Parker

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Guest Suite(S)

• Nurse On Staff: Business Hours

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: CRC-1398

About The Parker

Boutique living in the historic district of downtown Greenville. Conveniently located near the Peace Center, Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Fluor Fields, and several minor league sports teams.

DINING OPTIONS

RANGE OF SERVICES

Physical Therapy

Occupational Therapy

TRAINING AREAS

Residents of The Parker receive a level of service tailored to his or her individual needs. Our community provides expert, compassionate care in a beautiful environment designed for living life to the fullest.

Map of The Parker