The Holgate Community

Reviews of The Holgate Community

Assisted Living Reviews for The Holgate Community

February 29, 2012

By markshrives

My grandmother Avis S. was at this facility for nearly 10 years after my Grandfather passed away. Overall, she was quite pleased living here and having visited her countless times during that period, I also feel she was well cared for and became part of the family. Many nurses and a couple administrators even joined the family reception for the death of my grandmother. When I visited Avis S. at the Oddfellows facility, she was always being checked-on, was also clean and well taken care of and never had and problems with missing medication or receiving substandard care. We would also try to call Avis on many occasions and could never reach her in her room because she would be busy doing the numerous activities provided at the facility. This was very different than the experience my other grandmother had, where the bus was always "broken down", the staff was constantly changing and they were often quite rude to her. My family ate many Thanksgiving and Christmas meals at the facility as my grandmother aged, and overall the food tasted pretty good for what one would expect from an assisted living center. The only negative thing I have to say is that the location was not great. It is an area of Portland that is not as clean and well kept or safe compared to the price of care at the facility. The facility public areas could also use some renovation and replacement (carpets, flooring etc.).

July 30, 2011

By jrogers07

While I was in high school, I volunteered during the summers at this residential home living facility. My mother would bring communion to the people who were not able to go to church, and I would volunteer at running the activity of the day (usually sports orientated), or I would play the piano for the residents. At my time there, I saw a staff that fully cared for the individual residents in the community. They responded to the residents wants and needs quickly, efficiently and full of care and respect. From making meals, to helping with anything, the staff of Odd Fellows was amazing at what they did and made my volunteer job so much easier. They would help me set up, and stay while I was doing the activity or playing the piano. Overall, I had a great four years volunteering at this facility, and would highly recommend it.

About The Holgate Community

The Holgate Community is a senior living provider in Portland, Oregon that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact The Holgate Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Holgate Community