Located in Central Texas, Waco is midway between Austin and Dallas. Of the city’s more than 124,000 residents, 13.4% are aged 65 and over. In addition to its lower-than-average cost of living, Waco is also home to several premier health care facilities, including the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Hillcrest and Ascension Providence. Nursing home costs in Waco are also lower than the national average. According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Survey, the average monthly cost for a semiprivate room in Waco is $4,745, which is about $3,000 less per month than the national monthly average of $7,756.

Nursing homes offer seniors around-the-clock supervision from a skilled nursing team. Typically, services include everything from housekeeping and laundry to assistance with activities of daily living, including grooming, dressing and bathing. Additionally, nursing homes also provide medical services, such as medication management. Seniors who do not require 24/7 supervision may find alternative care options, such as assisted living or home health care services, more appropriate.

This guide compares nursing home costs in Waco to several nearby cities as well as to other senior care options. Additionally, it includes a list of resources in Waco that can provide seniors with more information about their care options and local resources.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Waco, Texas

St. Anthony’s Care Center

7501 Bagby Avenue, Waco, TX, 76712

Though I have not yet had an opportunity to visit the facility due to Covid restrictions and distance, I expect to do so within the next month or so now. I have POA for a resident there and am most i … (read more)

Atrium of Bellmead

2401 Development Boulevard,, Waco, TX, 76705

Bri was so helpful & kind with my first visit to see my Uncle. Even walked me to his room. He is happy with the care & therapy department. Thank you health care workers.

Royal Manor

9114 Royal Lane, Waco, TX, 76712

My mother was at Royal Manor nursing home before she passed away on July 26th. She was there for three years. I decided on this nursing home because it was just right down the street from my house at … (read more)

Regent Care Center of Woodway

7801 WOODWAY DR, Waco, TX, 76712

Communication at the facility-whether it be about the pandemic or general assistance-was ridiculous! I was told I could not visit, then by appointment, and last, I was never told I had to take a class … (read more)

Greenview Manor

401 OWEN LN, Waco, TX, 76710

I came in a couple of times to talk to the account manager but never could. I have called to talk to her but they always end up phoning the same worker who does not do the insurance stuff. The lady at … (read more)

Lake Shore Village Healthcare Center

2320 LAKE SHORE DR, Waco, TX, 76708

My mother was a resident in the Secure Unit. We never had a single complaint about the care she received from the staff. Everyone always seemed to have the resident’s best interest in mind. They con … (read more)

Wesley Woods Rehabilitation and Healthcare

1700 Woodgate Drive, Waco, TX, 76712

My sister is in Wesley Woods Alzheimer’s Care Center. I have seen the room that she’s in, and it was neat and clean. They’ve taken good care of my sister. She had therapy there, but she’s in hospice n … (read more)

Ridgecrest Retirement and Healthcare

1900 W State Highway 6, Waco, TX, 76712

Ridgecrest Retirement Center is located a short hop away from the center of Waco, Texas, close to the shores of Lake Waco. Visitors note the facility’s comfortable environment, from the spacious and p … (read more)

Jeffrey Place Healthcare Center

820 Jeffrey St, Waco, TX, 76710

Awesome staff. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. On the few occasions that I have visited no matter the time or day the residents really seem to be engaged . Ms.Tammy does a great … (read more)

Providence Village

300 East Highway, PO BOX 6, Waco, TX, 76712

Providence Village is an assisted living facility located just miles outside of Waco, Texas, right near the smaller city of Woodway. There are a variety of living options available, from studios to la … (read more)

Quality Care of Waco

2501 MAPLE AVE, Waco, TX, 76707

This is the third facility I have lived in and it is an older building but the level of care is very good the staff is outstanding in their treatment of patients the room s are very good with individu … (read more)

The Healthcare Resort of Waco

5801 Crosslake Parkway, Waco, TX, 76712

The Brazos Of Waco

2430 Market Place Drive, Waco, TX, 76711

West Rest Haven

503 Meadow Dr, West, TX, 76691

This rest home is perfect for my gramma. They have very clean, well kept facilities. There are plenty of windows, which I think helps it not feel so "nursing home" and more like "home." The staff has … (read more)

Hewitt Nursing & Rehab

8836 Mars Drive, Hewitt, TX, 76643

I was sent Senior Care for rehab. I have been there twice and can’t imagine I would go anywhere else. The staff took great care of me so I could come home and continue with life. Nursing staff is bar … (read more)

Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center

100 Hillcrest Medical Boulevard, Woodway, TX, 76712

My father has been at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Hillcrest for rehab. It was a long-term situation, but it was a good experience for the most part. We’ve been in there twice. The second … (read more)

The Courtyard at Hewitt Nursing and Rehabilitation

8836 MARS DR, Hewitt, TX, 76643

Very Clean facility compared to most everyone Ive ever seen. Matnience lacks I request her tv hung day 1 2 years later still sits where it started, Cleaning department misses alot of skin cells , dust … (read more)

Westview Manor

414 Johnson Drive, Mc Gregor, TX, 76657

Westview Manor is nice. The staff needs some work. The dining room is nice, but the food is horrible. My mom has already moved in. The room is horrible because it’s too small. They do bingo, music, an … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Waco, Texas

Nursing home costs in Waco average $4,745 per month for a semiprivate room and $5,734 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

When using the costs of semiprivate care as a comparison point, the average monthly costs in Waco are $3,011 lower than the national average of $7,756 and $274 lower than the state average of $5,019. Nursing home costs in Waco are also lower than monthly average costs in nearby Dallas ($5,171). Nursing home costs are even higher in cities near the Gulf coasts. For example, average monthly costs are $6,350 in Brownsville and $5,519 in Corpus Christi. However, cities in northeast Texas, such as Longview ($4,091) tend to have lower monthly costs.

$4745

Dallas

$4091

Longview

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors should also compare the costs of various senior care options. Adult day care is the most inexpensive care option, averaging just $975 per month. Seniors who require at-home support may consider home care and home health care services, which average $4,004 per month in Waco. If 24/7 supervision is required, but not necessarily skilled nursing services, assisted living, which averages $3,763 per month, may be an appropriate care option. However, if around-the-clock skilled nursing is necessary, seniors in Waco can expect to pay an average of $4,745 for a semiprivate room or $5,734 for a private room.

$975

Home Health Care

$3763

Assisted Living

$4745

Nursing Home (semiprivate room)

$5734

Nursing Home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Waco, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Waco, Texas

The following resources are available to seniors in the Waco area. These services can help seniors and their family members make informed decisions about their long-term care options. These agencies may help seniors remain living in their homes longer or assist with the transition to a nursing home facility.

ResourceContactService
Area Agency on Aging of the Heart of Texas(254) 292-1800The Area Agency on Aging of the Heart of Texas works with seniors aged 60 and over. It handles everything from screenings and assessments to benefit counseling and care coordination. The agency also manages the area’s Ombudsman program. Additionally, the agency operates a program that offers congregate and home-delivered meals.
Heart of Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)(254) 292-1855In partnership with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, the Heart of Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center helps seniors, and their family members coordinate and arrange long-term care services. It provides seniors with the necessary resources to make informed decisions about their care options and offers necessary referrals.
Heart of Texas Rural Transit District (HOTRTD)(254) 292-1881Operated through the Texas Department of Transportation, the Heart of Texas Rural Transit District provides county-to-county transportation for seniors aged 65 and over. Services through this ride-share program are available Monday through Friday and advanced reservations are required.
Alzheimer’s Association North Central Texas Chapter(800) 272-3900The North Central Texas Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association provides invaluable support to seniors facing memory loss concerns. In addition to its 24/7 helpline, seniors have access to a wide range of free online tools and resources. The agency also assists with early-stage detection and assessments.