6 Assisted Living Facilities near Temple, TX

Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Temple, TX

Garden Estates of Temple

5320 205 Loop, Temple, TX 76502
"I went to Garden Estates of Temple. It's a type A facility, and that's where we were trying to put my mother-in-law, but she needed more care. It was a very, very nice facility. The staff was..." More

Brookdale Western Hills

3902 West Adams Avenue, Temple, TX 76504
"I moved my mother to this facility in February 2022. She is receiving great care and feels more at home in this facility. The food is excellent. Maintenance is taken care of upon request. The..." More

Caring Star 2016

Sodalis Temple

3002 Jack Rabbit Road, Temple, TX 76502
"We're very happy with Sodalis Temple. My mom moved in there and it's very clean and bright. Their rooms are updated and their staff is nice. The food was good, too." More

Wildflower Place

706 Red Coat Drive, Temple, TX 76504
"We have chosen Wildflower Place. We have already signed some paperwork and had given them a check, so hopefully, we will get my mother-in-law there next week. We chose them because they were the..." More

Stoney Brook of Belton

500 River Fair Blvd, Belton, TX 76513
"My aunt is in Stoney Brook of Belton. It's beautiful. They have it all decorated for Christmas. My aunt is very happy with it. The staff members are wonderful. The food looks good. My aunt is in a..." More

Luvida Memory Care

2400 Piazza Drive, Belton, TX 76513
"My wife has been a resident at luvida for four years. Took me a long time to realize my love was never coming home. It was because of Janet and the staff that helped me get a grip on my reality. I..." More

What to Consider About Assisted Living in Temple

The city of Temple, TX, was not actually named after a church, but rather Bernard Moore Temple, a railroad executive who picked the area as a major stop on the busy rail line to Austin. Seniors from the six assisted living communities in Temple can get a discount pass to the Railroad & Heritage Museum in Temple, which occupies the site of the former main rail terminal downtown.

Aging citizens in Temple's residential care communities generally get room and board for their monthly payments, as well as help with their activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and meal preparation. Properties in Temple, and elsewhere in Texas, are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, which inspects for health and safety and quality of care for residents.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Temple

• Temple gets warm, humid summers that can be difficult for seniors with COPD or asthma when daily highs average 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Winter lows average 35 degrees, and the area gets 36 inches of rain a year, mostly in the spring and fall.

• Temple's aging citizens can go a long way on their retirement income. Shopping for groceries here, for example, is about 16 percent cheaper than is the average nationwide, while health care costs run to just 92 percent of the average price in America.

• Texas gets by with a statewide sales tax of between 6.25 and 8.25 percent on most purchases. Seniors who shop for themselves have to pay this, plus a 20 cent per gallon gas tax, but there's no income tax on the state level. This is good news for seniors on a fixed income from IRAs, 401(k)s and pensions.

• Temple is just slightly better in its crime rates than most places in the United States. Rates for property crime here are slightly under the national average, while crimes that most affect seniors, such as robbery and assault, are significantly lower.

• Transportation in and around Killeen County is in the hands of the Hill Country Transit District (HCTD), known locally as "the HOP." This service runs buses from Temple to Killeen and back, and seniors over 60 get a discount with valid ID.

• The Temple area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

Paying for Assisted Living in Temple

$3,846.00 Round Rock
    $3,695.00 Belton
    $2,995.00 Copperas Cove
    $2,730.00 Temple

Assisted Living costs in Temple start around $2,730 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.

It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Temple and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Temple

Texas administers the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program for aging citizens who could use help making monthly payments for assisted living. Seniors must be enrolled in Medicaid with no share of cost to qualify.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.

Financial Assistance in Texas Financial Assistance in Texas

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Temple

Temple and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free assisted living resources in Temple, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Temple

Temple-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations in Texas Laws and Regulations in Texas