The city of Chattanooga is located in the scenic foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in the state of Tennessee. It has a population of 182,799, and around 16.6% of residents are aged 65 and older. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Chattanooga is $7,148, which is less than the national average of $7,756, making the city a good choice for seniors looking at long-term care options. Seniors living in Chattanooga have access to excellent medical facilities at CHI Memorial Hospital, which is ranked as high performing in eight procedures or conditions by USN

Nursing home care is a long-term care option for seniors with chronic illnesses and those who are very frail. Medical care and assistance are provided 24/7 by registered nurses and qualified caregiving staff. This type of care is often the most expensive option and seniors living in Chattanooga who don’t require regular medical assistance may want to look at alternative options such as assisted living and home care services

This guide provides information on the average monthly costs of nursing home care in Chattanooga and nearby cities.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Chattanooga, TN

Life Care Center of Chattanooga

455 HIGHLAND PARK AVE, Chattanooga, TN, 37404

I was visiting the facility, because my great aunt was beginning her stay there. I had heard some horror stories about what can happen at assisted living facilities, so I was a little skeptical. Howev … (read more)

Nhc Healthcare, Chattanooga

2700 Parkwood Avenue, Chattanooga, TN, 37404

physical therapists and social workers are very caring and compassionate. Also the cnas are a great part of the team.

The Health Care Center at Standifer Place

2626 WALKER RD, Chattanooga, TN, 37421

The Health Center at Stanfifer Place is located near Collegedale. Family members like the large dining room and delicious home-cooked meals offered at the community, which also allows them to share me … (read more)

Life Care Center of Red Bank

1020 RUNYAN DR, Chattanooga, TN, 37405

My friend is in Life Care Center of Red Bank for rehab. The staff is really nice. They come in when her therapist comes in, and they explain to me what they are doing and why they are doing that. She … (read more)

St Barnabas Nursing Home

950 SISKIN DRIVE, Chattanooga, TN, 37403

My mom was there for a LONG 6 weeks. I will say, in contrast to the rest of the staff, the therapist were excellent. We requested a doctor consultation the third day, and never heard a peep from her … (read more)

Life Care Center of East Ridge

1502 Mcdonald Rd, Chattanooga, TN, 37412

I wouldn’t send a dog to this place. The careless & unprofessional treatment my grandmother received at this place I have no words for. When someone goes into a facility for rehab to build up s … (read more)

Consulate Health Care of Chattanooga

8249 Standifier Gap Road, Chattanooga, TN, 37421

Do not put your loved ones here. My grandmother lived here for a little over a year. This was done quickly when the hospital informed my dad that my grandmothers Alzheimer’s had advanced to the point … (read more)

Siskin Hospital Subacute Rehab

One Siskin Plaza, Chattanooga, TN, 37403

Nhc Healthcare Ft Oglethorpe

2403 BATTLEFIELD PKWY, Fort Oglethorpe, GA, 30742

My sister was at National Health Care Center of Fort Oglethorpe. It was very, very good in some areas of the facility, although we found another area that didn’t seem quite as good, but overall we wer … (read more)

Life Care Center of Hixson

5798 Hixson Home Place, Hixson, TN, 37343

This place is no good for any human being. My mom has missed two post opt appointments after me telling them about it. A CNA has thrown paper towel at my mom while i was on the phone with my mom. My m … (read more)

Alexian Village of Tennessee

671 Alexian Way, Signal Mountain, TN, 37377

A beautiful campus and facility at the top of the mountain–the views are incredible. The nurses and aides truly care for the residents and appear to be a great team. Leaving there, I have a peace o … (read more)

PruittHealth – Fort Oglethorpe

1067 Battlefield Parkway, Fort Oglethorpe, GA, 30742

PruittHealth was good, but the therapy department was the best. Half of the nursing staff was not good at all. Some of the food was not great. Some you wouldn’t think go together. They would put anyth … (read more)

Hutcheson Med Ctr Subacute Uni

100 GROSS CRESCENT CIRCLE, Fort Oglethorpe, GA, 30742

Nhc Healthcare Rossville

1425 MCFARLAND AVE, Rossville, GA, 30741

Nursing Home Costs in Chattanooga, Tennessee

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Chattanooga is $7,148 for a semiprivate room and $8,267 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Seniors who have decided to make the move to nursing home care may find it interesting to look at the average monthly costs of care in nearby cities in comparison to Chattanooga. Using the monthly average cost of a semiprivate room as a comparison point, the cost of care in Chattanooga is less than the national average of $7,756 and slightly more than the Tennessee state average of $7,072.

The average monthly costs of care in Cleveland ($6,844) and Morristown (also $6,844) are lower than in Chattanooga, while Knoxville is exactly the same at $7,148.

Chattanooga

$6844

Morristown

Knoxville

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Those seniors who are still undecided regarding nursing home care may be interested in the average monthly costs of alternative care options in Chattanooga. The most cost-effective option is adult day care with a monthly average cost of $1,733 while assisted living has a monthly average of $4,515. Both home care and home health care services have an average monthly cost of $4,195. The most expensive option is nursing home care with a monthly average cost of $7,148 for a semiprivate room and $8,267 for a private room.

$1733

$8267

Nursing home private room

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Chattanooga, Tennessee

Free Resources for Seniors in Chattanooga, Tennessee

These resources may help seniors who are looking for services to assist them in safely aging in place in their own homes for as long as possible. One resource looks at financial assistance information for seniors who have made the choice to move to a nursing home facility.

ResourceContactService
SHIP(877) 801-0044The TN SHIP program is funded by the federal government and the state of Tennessee. The program provides free and unbiased information on state health insurance plans to seniors and their caregivers. Staff members can help seniors to find the best plan for their particular circumstances and assist them to apply for the plan. Counselors can also explain financial assistance options that are available to seniors who have decided to move to a long-term nursing care facility.
Nutrition Program (615) 253-4161The Agency on Aging provides a nutrition program for seniors in the Chattanooga area. Those seniors who are still physically able to leave the house can go to one of the congregate meal sites to enjoy a hot meal and socialize with other seniors. Volunteers deliver meals at around noon each day from Monday to Friday to seniors who are homebound and are no longer able to prepare a meal on their own. The volunteers provide a friendly visit and safety check at the same time as delivering the meal. All of the meals provide a third of the daily nutritional requirements of seniors. There is no charge for the meals but certain requirements need to be met in order to receive meals.
Transportation(423) 424-4201MyRide TN Southeast provides volunteer-assisted door-to-door transport for seniors to essential appointments. There is a small charge for each ride to cover costs but financial assistance is available. All volunteers are screened and background checked for the safety of seniors. There is an application process to be able to book rides with the service. Transport is provided to medical appointments and grocery stores.