10 Assisted Living Facilities near Hixson, TN
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hixson area, with 5 in Hixson and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hixson is $2,647 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 63 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hixson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hixson 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ooltewah with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hixson, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hixson, TN
Promotion ends in 1 day!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Hixson, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hixson
Review of Brookdale Hixson
Brookdale Hixson is awesome and my mother is living there. The rooms are very good. The staff is awesome. The food is very good and the dining area is nice and restaurant-style. They have therapy, ... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Hixson
My mother was here for rehab. The facility was beautiful, clean.. Her room was large, private, with a spacious bathroom, and large window overlooking the courtyard. Staff was all friendly and helpf... Read more
Review of Brookdale Hixson
Brookdale Hixson didn't feel that warm. I didn't care for the facility itself as much as I did in the other places. It felt kind of cold when I went in. It was big and a little bit cold where the d... Read more
Assisted Living near Hamilton County, TN
More Options Near Hixson, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hixson
Hixson is considered one of the best places to retire in the Chattanooga area. Located in the south-central part of the state of Tennessee, Hixson offers beautiful views of the Smoky Mountains and easy convenience to the city.
There are 10 assisted living facilities in the city for seniors who need help with daily living. Regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health, there are two types of assisted living facilities: the assisted care living facilities, which admit all seniors with the exception of late-stage Alzheimer patients, and the residential homes for the aged, which provide care for four or more seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hixson
- The Hixson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the CHI Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Alexian Brothers PACE provides door-to-door transportation services for medical and senior center appointments. This community-based program services Hixson and all of Hamilton County.
- Hixson has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Hamilton County Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities, an organization that services individuals 65 years of age and older, as well as one senior center.
- The cost of living in the Hixson zip code is 1.80 percent lower than the U.S. average. This may make it easier for seniors in assisted living to budget their money.
- Crime in Hixson is based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). In Hixson, property crime is ranked 34.5, which is lower than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 28.7, which is also ranked lower than the national average of 31.1. Seniors in assisted living in the city may feel safe when outside.
- Hixson gets around 53 inches of rain per year and four inches of snow. With 210 average sunny days per year, the city offers plenty of sunshine and good weather for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. Summers are hot with average July highs around 84 degrees. Winters are cold with average lows around 27 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hixson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Hixson start around $2,647 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hixson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hixson
Financial assistance for seniors in Hixson who need help paying for assisted living is available through two state Medicaid waivers. The Long-Term Services waiver helps pay for daily living tasks but does not offer assistance for room and board. The CHOICES waiver is available for seniors 65 and older with a physical disability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hixson
Hixson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hixson, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hixson
Hixson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.