Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care

Nursing Home Reviews for Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care

July 23, 2015

By Concern friend

This place is the pits I'm a friend a patient who came here for rehab. You literally have to tell the people who give medicine to do there job. And when you are trying to help a love out you can't because they have rules which is understandable but when your love needs help they have to wait an hour or 2 hour to actually get help. The only reason I gave this two star some of the aides are really hard working and recreation was nice.And people from PT were great.I just don't think you have to tell people to do there jobs. But everything needs improvement.

July 08, 2014

By Johnny B

I was a patient there for one month. It was dirty and the food was the worst. The care was nothing extraordinary. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

August 21, 2012

By leenie715

My grandmother was placed here when she broke her pelvis after a fall and was a resident for nine years. The staff provided many activities for the residents which helped my grandmother acclimate to her new environment. The staff was personable and seemed to genuinely care about my grandmothers well being. She was able to take a computer class and even take trips to the mall and to see shows. It was a difficult transition for my grandmother but I do feel that it was a safer living environment for her. The only negative thing I would say was that many of the residents that were in my grandmothers unit suffered from dementia and were not good social partners for my grandmother who was very with it until her death. She would often get lonely from the lack of interaction. It would have been beneficial for the units to be seperated by the residents mental ability. I am unsure if this was possible but it was something that would routinely come up when I visited. Also there was a large turn over of staff, especially with the aides. This was a bit unnerving for the family as we never knew who would be taking care of my garndmother and the level of care she would be receiving. My grandmother was uncomfortable with strangers showering her, so we began requesting that certain aides shower her, and I must say that the facility administrators were accomomodating with this request. Also, in one instance money was tsolen from my grandmothers drawer. We complained and the money was returned. It was sad when this happened as it made us distrustful of the staff. All in all, we had a good experience at this facility.

Services and Amenities of Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care

Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care is a senior living provider in Smithtown, New York that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care for more details on services and rates.

Map of Smithtown Center For Rehab & Nursing Care