Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds

Reviews of Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds

Nursing Home Reviews for Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds

July 09, 2020

By Mark Sw

I am pleased to be able to write this review in support of the quality and outstanding care I received when admitted to the Luxor Rehabilitation and Nursing care Center at Mills Pond in St. James New York. After being in a hospital for several weeks, being treated for an autoimmune disease, unrelated to COVID 19, once stabilized I was transferred to the rehabilitation facility. This would allow me to improve an increased level of independence so that I would be able to go into an Assisted Living center or to go back to my home. I, my wife, and family, as I am sure many of you would, had a great deal of anxiety regarding thre adjustment and quality of care I would receive at a rehabilitation and long-term nursing care center. Let me state at the ourtset, without question, my choice to stay at the Luxor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center was the right choice. From the time I was admitted to the day of my discharge every single individual, everyday, gave me excellent and quality care which during my six month stay reduced my anxiety to zero. You could say that the care given to me was like a well oiled machine, or a pie where every piece fit together perfectly. There was great communication between all departments which assured that the care I received was seamless. I am pleased to say that the level of care I received was far beyond what I expected from a rehabilitation and nursing home. There is an old adage that states, "It is not the job that one does but it is the person that does that job". I wish I could name all of the outstanding caregivers but here are just a few who deserve special recognition: The Housekeeping staff, Social Worker department, Alexa in admissions, Kathy in finance, Kathy in Nursing, Michael in administration, Louis, Mary, AnneMarie, and Meghan, in Nursing, and especially Yoleen, Shirley, Ansley, and Darlyne, the best Certified Nursing Assistants I could have hoped to have taking care of me. Should anyone need Long Term Rehabilitation or Nursing Care, The Luxor Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center at Mills Pond in St. James New York is the place to be. I can assure, without question, that those who are there will receive excellent quality care far above and beyond what is expected and which is given to all patients and residents, They will receive empathy, concern, patience, and heartfelt caring. The outstanding staff made a choice to pursue a career path that requires passion, compassion, patience, and discipline, which is currently exacerbated by COVID 19. Most people have an underlying fear of being dependent on someone else for their basic day to day functions, specially with strangers. Those at Luxor were attentive and caring in a way that made even the most vulnerable of situations comforting.

Your feedback means so much to us - THANK YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the world! We’ll be passing along the message to our incredible staff. Thank you for choosing our facility, and thanks again for your wonderful review :)

July 02, 2019

By Maureen

My mother-in-law is a resident of Luxor Nursing and Rehab at Mills Ponds. The care is great, she's doing very well there and the staff is very attentive. It's not a large community, but it's very quaint, and she's very happy there. She's adjusting right now, so the nurses take very good care of her in terms of hygiene, she's well-taken care of. I think they could have a little more activities but then again they're just a small community, so I have no complaints about them. A few things need to be corrected like the elevator not working too well. The appearance of the place is fine, she has a nice big room there.

Photos of Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds

Services and Amenities of Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: Lic 1013424506

About Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds

millspondluxor.com

Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds is a senior living provider in Saint James, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds for more details on services and rates.

Map of Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Ponds