Bronxwood Assisted Living Bronx, NY
Offers Assisted Living
Call (800) 385-2527
Claim Caring.com Listing
Reviews of Bronxwood Assisted Living
Assisted Living Reviews for Bronxwood Assisted Living
December 07, 2022
I visited this facility
The rooms at Bronxwood Assisted Living were laid out in a way that you can't see the beds from each person. So, there's privacy to the person in the bed and to the others. They can watch TV on the dresser and they can have a refrigerator, like a mini fridge. There were a lot of activities. There was a pool room, a movie room, and a nice outdoor space.
July 07, 2015
I visited this facility
I visited this facility today in search of a new home for my 94yr old grandmother, and atmosphere inside was pleasant, outside was a very busy main street. I wasn't pleased with the front desk, the woman wasn't the right personnel to be welcoming people. But once we meet the director and admission person who gave us a tour, I felt better. My Downs: 1)rooms were very small for two people 2)no furniture allowed and no extra storage available in the facility 3)carpet in the hallways upstairs reminded me of an old hotel (but they were clean) My Up's: (what you may not know until you visit) 1)lots of organized activities on site ( weekly trips out) 2)people are very positive, all worker know residence by name or nickname 3)one nice size patio area with benches (easy access to dining hall 4)residents seem very happy and well taken care of 5 we asked a gentle man about his stay as he was getting ready to go for a walk, he said he was pleased with his home, and that people were nice 6)rooms/bathrooms were clean and without any smell 7) 3 meals a day (2 sessions for each- kind of on a schedule based on patients needs) 8) movie theatre in the facility 9) pool table, air hockey, basketball machine, computers and other entertaining amenities This place is very large, houses 300 or so occupants.
Costs for Bronxwood Assisted Living in Bronx, New York
Cost of Assisted Living
Services and Amenities of Bronxwood Assisted Living in Bronx, New York
- All Inclusive Rent
- Rent Plus Care Fees
- Entry Fee
- Assisted Living Starting At: $1225/month
Room and housing options
- Studio Apartments
- Housing Extra: Private Or Semi Private Room Complete With Full Bath And Utilities
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Dining Extra: Three Meals Daily With Entree Alternatives Available Upon Request
- Features Extra: Common Areas Equipped With Lounges, Library, Cinema Room, Game Room, And Designated Smoking Areas, Well Equipped Recreation Center Features A Computer Lab For Letter Writing And Web Surfing, A Wide Range Of Social Activities And Crafts Programs, Variety Of Social And Educational Programs Or Join Trips To Atlantic City And Other Local Entertainment Venues, Shaded Outdoor Patio Areas Or Stroll To Local Shops Within Blocks Of The Facility, Restaurant Style Dining
- Skilled Nursing
- Medication Management
- Nurse On Staff: Yes
- Offsite Activities
- Arts And Crafts
- Home Sale Assistance
- Va Benefits Consultation
- Financing Advice
- Financial Aid
- Financial Guidance Extra: Monthly Rents Vary Based On Room Type And Are Subject To Change.
- Low Salt
- Diet Extra: Low Sugar
- Resident Capacity: 320
Range of services
- Range Of Services Extra: Case Management Services, Clinical And Therapeutic Services, Personal Care Services, Psychological Services, Injection Therapies, Intermittent Nursing And Rehabilitation Services
Types of care
- Dressing And Grooming
- Bathing And Toileting
- Patient Transfers
- Credit Card
- Payment Options Extra: Private Pay, Social Security And Ssi
- State Licenses: 0546L001
About Bronxwood Assisted Living in Bronx, New York
A non-profit Adult Care and Assisted Living Residence proudly serving The Bronx and greater Metropolitan area for over 35 years. Bronxwood offers you an enjoyable and affordable independent lifestyle in a supervised, supportive and well appointed environment. At Bronxwood, you have access to a full range of hospitality and recreational services with additional help and hands-on assistance through our exclusive Assisted Living Program. Our seasoned staff are committed to coordinating all of your care needs and strive to promote your independence and progress. At Bronxwood, we endeavor to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
- Choose a private or semi-private room complete with full bath and utilities.
- Relax in our common areas equipped with lounges, library, cinema room, game room, and designated smoking areas.
- Our well equipped recreation center features a computer lab for letter writing and web surfing.
- We offer a wide range of social activities and crafts programs.
- Attend a variety of social and educational programs or join our trips to Atlantic City and other local entertainment venues.
- Take advantage of our shaded outdoor patio areas or stroll to local shops within blocks of our residence.
Life at Bronxwood
- Medical suite conveniently located on-site
- Physical therapy services on-site
- Physical fitness and wellness programs
- Theater, media rooms, and computer center
- On-site activities including arts and crafts, game room, and bingo
- Trips to your favorite attractions and venues
- Resident-operated snack & beverage bar centrally located in the atrium
- Library offering a full range of books, DVD's, and magazines
- Community and family events such as annual Bronxwood Day
- Weekly live entertainment
- Designated smoking areas
- Tranquil outdoor lounges
Map of Bronxwood Assisted Living
Senior Living Communities near Bronx County, NY
Senior Living Communities near Bronx, NY
Other Senior Care in Bronx, NY
- 11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
- Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
- How to Pay for Assisted Living
- How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living