Alaris Health at Belgrove

Assisted Living Reviews for Alaris Health at Belgrove

Nursing Home Reviews for Alaris Health at Belgrove

February 29, 2016

By christinehunkele

his place is the worst! My grandfather was here twice and the care went from poor, the first time, to absolutely atrocious the second time. The nurses and aides were inattentive (always on their cell phones) and anytime I asked them to do something for him, they made it seem like I was inconveniencing them. When I would ask questions about why there were doing something (the place got his diet wrong so many times I lost count) - they would tell me not to worry. Uhh hello, yes I'm worried, you guys make far too many mistakes! There is a complete and utter lack of communication with patients and family. It's disgusting. My grandfather, who is of sound mind, started having random bruises and contusions that appeared on his arms and legs, and no one could tell us where they were from, not even him. And the place is dirty, like very dirty. The bathrooms that visitors are allowed to use are rarely cleaned, and the pantry - vom. I visited on a regular basis and the same poop on the floor that I notified staff about had not been cleaned. I was told that the cleaning service had off so it would have to wait. DO NOT SEND YOUR RELATIVES HERE. I am so glad we got my grandfather out and will not be sending him back. It's sad because Alaris has a good reputation, just not this one! I will say that I have only heard good things about the physical therapists, and have seen first hand them being kind and patient with my grandfather. Too bad they couldn't be there 24/7 for him and forgo the awful nursing and aide staff!

February 29, 2016

By calp

I believe that the patients are getting adequate care. Some of the nurses are wonderful; others are just pill pushers. The aides are good and help in many ways. The rehab area is diligent in their work and always pleasant and helpful. The social worker is lacking many skills. She does not return calls promptly and confuses things all the time. She is no help at all. She should be the "middle man" between the patient and their families and only calls when she needs information. Alaris needs a new social worker to help the families not confuse them. She works on her own schedule not with families trying to balance home/work/Alaris/sick family members.

March 06, 2015

By home32

The lack of communication between Alaris and the family is very disturbing! They were giving my brother the wrong medications and it took them 3 weeks to FINALLY have a meeting about his therapy program. The only dept. that seems to know what's going on is therapy. The social worker and admin staff do not speak to each other, let alone family. This place also doesn't know how to care for a special needs adult. The aide's and nurse's just leave you in your room and hardly check in on you. Or they wheel you out into the common room and let you sit there all day to make their jobs easier. This place needs a complete over haul of policies and personnel. They need to learn to communicate with families much much more than they currently do. I gave 3 stars b/c the therapy group is the only group doing an outstanding job!

September 01, 2014

My dad and my aunt were at Alaris Health at Belgrove. It seemed like the social worker is doing wonderful work. The nurses are very nice and did their job as much as they can, so I have no complaints, but the doctor was terrible. I think they need to improve the visitation of the doctors. They have to pay attention and be aware of what's going on with the patient, examine the complete body of the person who is sick, according to what is the situation.

Services and Amenities of Alaris Health at Belgrove

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2020

About Alaris Health at Belgrove

Alaris Health at Belgrove is a senior living provider in Kearny, New Jersey that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Nursing Homes. Contact Alaris Health at Belgrove for more details on services and rates.

Map of Alaris Health at Belgrove