Westgate Assisted Living

Reviews of Westgate Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Westgate Assisted Living

March 06, 2018

By Paula

The gentleman who gave me the tour of Westgate was very informative, and the price was expensive. He showed me three rooms that were small and only had a studio kitchen, which is a countertop, refrigerator, and sink. The people were nice, and I visited with some of the residents to get their take on it, and they enjoy it there. When I walked in the door, it came off to me as depressing because it was a little dark and needed updating. They are trying to do that because the rooms I saw had new carpets and paint. They allowed people to have pets in their rooms, and you could smell that in the hallway. On the outside, it looked nice, and the building was very impressive because it's an old brick structure.

August 21, 2017

By Angela

Westgate Assisted Living was a very nice facility, very warm, and welcoming. The staff was great. We got to see people eating. We did not sample their food, but the dining room was very nice. It was smaller, which I like. There were less than 70 residents there. They had all sorts of different outings, they had transportation if you needed to go to the doctor, and they had very friendly staff.

May 10, 2016

By DanHFOVU

I had a great visit with the two gentlemen at Westgate Assisted Living. Unfortunately, it did not have a memory care unit, which was part of the criteria when we first talked to the organization. However, the gentlemen I spoke with were very good. I thought it had a very homey feel. They had an open area for the residents right there. Everything seemed very nice with the facility, but once I determined it was not suitable for what we needed, I did not go further. I had a very good meeting with the two individuals.

April 13, 2016

By Happy Visitor122988450

Westgate was OK. They can’t take my dad right now, but it’s the best one I’ve seen so far. They had a theater and a courtyard for elderly people. The dining room was lovely.

April 13, 2016

By Don122854150

Westgate Assisted Living was nice and OK. The downside to them was they don't have Medicaid eligibility. I did not like that they had additional charges for extra care, and mom would need more, so that would become more costly. I enjoyed talking to the director. He was very helpful and went out of his way to try and find some other places for me and called me back to see if mom could be eligible for veterans benefits.

October 19, 2015

By Beverly B.

My father moved in at Westgate Assisted Living and we were just really happy with it. We visited before we move my dad and I thought it was a very friendly atmosphere; just a cozy place. It was more like a home than an assisted living. Their price was also good. He is in a studio apartment and it was very nice and clean. Overall, he likes it very much.

August 31, 2015

We chose Westgate Assisted Living because it was close to my in-law's old neighborhood, and the care has been very good. The place is very welcoming with lots of activities. The staff has been very good also. I have not eaten there, but they've indicated that the food is very good. They do have a variety of activities; my mother-in-law likes happy hour.

March 27, 2015

I choose Westgate Assisted Living. It is really cheaper. I don't have to pay for anything except for medicine that they give to me. The people working here are excellent. The surroundings are just great. I have no problem with it. Their food here is absolutely out of this world. They have all kinds of activities. I live in a studio, and I have a queen size bed, my chest, and my dresser. I will highly recommend Westgate.

February 03, 2015

By KarenDaughter

We toured the facility and thought it was clean, the staff was nice and the price was right. What really sold us was the number of men residing there (much more than most assisted living homes.) We hoped my father would adjust but had no idea he would adjust so fast. I believe it was due to a few of the staff taking a special interest in my father (who could be difficult at times) and the leadership of the facility being very involved in the day to day operations. The staff went out of their way to keep me in touch with my father (I live out of town) and to inform my family when something didn't look quite right with him. I would highly recommend this faciity for your parent or loved one.

October 22, 2014

My visit to Westgate was much better. The place was clean and new, and the staff was friendly. There was activity going on everywhere, and the residents seemed content.

August 14, 2014

We had actually decided on Westgate. My mother was going to move, but then about five days before that, she had a stroke. She’s not going to be able to move in to assisted living because after an assessment on her, she’s going to end up in long-term care someplace. I was extremely impressed with Westgate, and so was my mom. She was really looking forward to moving over there, and it had a lot to do with the people there and especially with the food. It’s like a 4-star restaurant; food is fantastic! I was just real happy with everything about it. Unfortunately they can’t meet her needs anymore. They have the usual activities that you expect to find, but I didn’t pay too much attention because my mom was not really interested in bingo and crafts. I think the thing that impressed me the most was just meeting other residents there. Everybody was just happy, and the staff was all real friendly too. From what I saw the place was immaculately clean. The atmosphere was bright and cheery, definitely. To me it seemed to be a medium size and a very modern place. Everything seemed up to date.

July 14, 2014

By Diannemc

My dad has lived at Westgate for 2 years and he loves it. The staff are kind and courteous and the food is wonderful. The staff is very helpful as well. When my mom was there, they helped her with many personal care needs. I highly recommend it! We looked at a number of places in Omaha and I am very glad we picked this one!

May 14, 2014

By Momishere

My mother lives at Westgate Assisted Living. She has lives there for a few months now. The care she has received has been incredible and the food is excellent. We had many questions and needed some direction, Kasey took the time to help us with our every need. He is an incredible young man. All of the staff has been excellent to my Mom. They are very attentive to all of her daily needs. I would HIGHLY recommend this fantastic assisted living facility to any family member or friend.

September 26, 2013

By Mary69901150

We visited Westgate and we saw that the facility was absolutely beautiful. The people there are absolutely wonderful. They are friendly, very informative, and they are just fantastic. Everything was clean. I would recommend this facility to others, but it's just too expensive for us.

August 09, 2012

By SADDEN

My mom is a 81 year old little lady. Some of the aides were rude to her in front of us. How do they treat her when we are not around?? We paid extra for assitance which amounted to a knock on the door. Help with showering. My mom refused which is fine. They should of let us know... she had not showered in 8 days. How long would they have let this go? Lazy to help her or to notify a family member. We all very involved with my moms life. When we asked questions they acted like we were bothering them. My mom was given a RX med she was not perscribed for a whole month. Dangerous and expensive. I didn't realize it until I got her pharmacy bill. HUGE MISTAKE!!! Price 5,000.00 -.400.00 for extra asstitance that she did not recieve-1000.00 for pharmacy. 6400.00 dollars a month to be disrespectful and given the wrong RX. I feel sorry for the residents living there that don't have a family member(s) watching out for them. Lastly the place smells very badly of urine!!!

April 13, 2012

By richie88

Westgate Assisted Living in Omaha, Nebraska is a wonderful place for those needing a little extra care. My aunt Helen lived a very independent lifestyle before needing the care facility. She was so old that her husband had died thirty years earlier. Sadly she did not want to go so we had to trick her to get her there. For the first weeks she cried almost anytime we would visit her. After the initial shock she became well adjusted. The staff was mostly responsible for this transformation. They were caring and knowledable on how to acclimate someone in her position. They got her involved in activities and she quickly made new friends. The facilities, while not luxurious, are top notch. Everything is well maintained and clean. She had a shower that had easy access with a seat. Since her mobility was so limited she was having difficulty bathing before she arrived at the facility. On my various trips to the facility, often we would participate in games. Her favorite was bingo. She loved playing bingo at her church before she moved in. I think this gave her a little of her old life back to her. On other occassions we would watch movies together or eat in the dining hall. The dining hall was classy and complete with nice tableware. The servers were friendly and her meals were customized to her needs. I personally did not enjoy the food but they did have a nice variety. Then again, I was not the target audience of the cooks. All in all, Westgate Assisted Living is a wonderful place for those looking to enjoy their last years with dignity. They have won multiple awards in Omaha. I would highly recommend the facility to anyone seeking a good place for a loved one.

Costs for Westgate Assisted Living

• Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: Varies 1:10

• State Licenses: ALF 050

About Westgate Assisted Living

Westgate Assisted Living offers compassionate senior care in Omaha, NE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Westgate Assisted Living shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Omaha, NE.

Map of Westgate Assisted Living