Crown Pointe Omaha, NE

Reviews of Crown Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Crown Pointe

May 15, 2022

By Melissa

I toured Crown Pointe for my mom. I was impressed by the size of the apartment and with bay window. I thought it was very well lit. I like the apartment size and the community in general. I think it had a lot to offer. There was a library area and a game area. When I was there, they were eating cookies and I think they had just done a baking thing. So, it sounded like they had a lot of activities. I saw the dining area and it looked very nice. The staff was very knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable.

April 28, 2022

By Anna

Crown Pointe was very nice and they seemed very, very caring. They kept the residents busy and active. The room was a very nice size. The gentleman that I spent time with and the one who showed me around was very knowledgeable. He was very caring and very nice. It was nice that they had a room for physical therapy and occupational therapy. So, you don't have to leave and go somewhere else to get those services. They had a chapel (which was important) and games. They were playing bingo when I was there. There was a library and there were places for people to do puzzles. It's not a fancy-schmancy place, but it was very clean and it didn't smell at all.

April 02, 2022

By Lisa

Crown Pointe was very clean. It was a very positive experience for me and my father. The staff was extremely friendly and hospitable. We were there in the morning, so there were no activities running at the time. There were many activities described, such as live music, jazz band, and game night. The rooms were really clean, very well decorated, and lovely. I would have liked to have seen some activities and maybe seen some people interacting.

August 13, 2021

By Lee

What I like about Crown Pointe of Omaha is the family environment and community environment. The facility is older, but it looks fine. The staff who gave me the tour was very friendly. It's a big facility. They have just about everything you can imagine. They have movies, live music, church services, a nice dining room, a library, a salon, and a workout room. The atmosphere felt homey.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post your review! Reviews are very important to our business, and we appreciate the positive ones. Kind regards!

June 27, 2021

By Donald

My mom is a resident of Crown Pointe. When they first moved in, I would have rate it at a 5. I liked the facility. It was open, and the area had a big atrium for residents to try to come together and talk. They had lots of different activities that they planned, but they were not (as far as I could see) activities that were actually geared to the residents' personal interests. For example, I've seen a couple of ladies that are knitters. They just knit like crazy. Those were just two ladies, and it's a fairly large community. When they first moved in, the food was fine. When Covid hit, everything was brought in. Then the quality went from five down to a three. My parents have a two bedroom, and it had a great room. It had a room for a small table and chairs where they could eat, a small kitchen, and plenty of cupboard space for them. With the dining room, they didn't need to go to the store every week and restock. There was a refrigerator and a small microwave for them. The bedrooms were a nice size because mom had a queen-sized bed in her bedroom, full of chest drawers, and a chest that has a mirror on top of it. I don't know what you would call that piece of furniture. My dad's room was the same size, but he had a double bed. They both had headboards and foot boards on their bed. It was great at the beginning. The lady that had run it for years retired, so they got a new staff. I think they're still learning how to run the place.

Thank you for providing this information so we can improve upon our services. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve, and we humbly ask for the opportunity to make this right. Please give us a call. We hope to hear from you soon.

March 06, 2021

By ReviewerAT#0124

My parents moved into Crown Pointe. They were very accommodating, friendly staff, and the room was perfect. They liked it there. They furnished it themselves, he's in assisted living, and she's still independent. It was quiet, there's not a lot of people there, and it was fine. For the most part it seems like they like the food, sometimes they don't, but I tasted it, and it was good. The dining area was larger than we expected, it was set up for COVID separation, and it was airy and bright. During COVID there aren't very many activities, 'cause they can't get together in groups, so we don't really know that yet. They're just trying to re-open some of those. I guess they have bingo, they do some exercise classes when there's no COVID. They have laundry service, they have laundry rooms, and they have a van.

We love seeing so many stars! Thank you for writing us a review!

January 18, 2019

By Krista

Crown Pointe was nice and elegant. They have several levels, and that’s one of our concerns. Other than that, it's very nice. They have a nice open area in the middle, they have a nice fireplace where there's a dining area, and they have a lot of windows and lighting. It doesn't look dingy. They have a hot tub. The rooms seemed like they were a fairly good size, they have a laundry facility, and they will do the laundry for you.

November 27, 2017

By Omahamary

Very nice apartments, dining room, library. Staff know their residents and are clearly committed to them and respect that these apartments are homes. The Executive Director told us the residents decide what they want in the community, e.g., how to handle dining--open seating or assigned, etc.

June 01, 2017

By md842736

The rooms and dining area at Crowne Pointe were OK. The employees were alright. The ambience was OK.

May 22, 2017

By curt072144

Crown Pointe was dated and had a little smell to it, but the amenities were nice. They seemed to keep the residents active. I know they took a trip to the zoo and had exercise, card games, bingo, bean bag toss, and board games. The staff was very friendly.

August 22, 2016

By Tom346127

Crowne Pointe was a very nice place. They invited us for lunch. My wife and I enjoyed their food. We toured a couple of the facilities that were available and found them to be very nice. What stood out for me was that my wife would not have to take care of the house anymore because everything was in one building.

August 15, 2016

By Linda060880

Mom loved Crown Pointe. What she loved the most was that they had a big community area in the middle where people could gather and talk to each other. She also liked the dining area.

June 08, 2016

By Reviewer651084

Crown Pointe has memory care, which is what I'll need later on. The staff is great. They serve good food and provide good service. I don't have any complaints about anything. We are satisfied with our room. We are in our room most of the time except when we eat. They have a library and an entertainment room and a small outside place, which I don't know if you can call a courtyard. I am satisfied with this place.

December 16, 2015

By Michael H.

Crown Pointe is a very nice facility. The people at the front desk and the nursing staff were all nice. The people in the dining area were all very pleasant. The food that they served was very tasty and the portions were just right for older people. They invite speakers to present to the residents and also have musical activities and bingo games.

December 15, 2015

By Jody H.

Everyone was very friendly at Crown Pointe. The rooms were good-sized, and they have a full kitchen in them. The staff that showed me around was very nice and accommodating.

August 05, 2015

We went over to Crown Pointe, we really liked it, and we thought our mother would love the place because it is nice, it is open, and she is in a room where she has a beautiful view. I said, "Well, I think she is going to feel at home here," and she really has. My sister was over there the other day, and she seems very happy with everything. She said the people are very friendly. As far as the facilities are concerned, it seems clean, just judging by what it looks like and everything. I haven't had the chance to eat dinner with her yet, but I'm sure that will come shortly. We kind of looked around, and most of them were very nice, but this seems a little homier. It is an older building. It is not brand new, but it is very nicely decorated.

February 09, 2015

My mother is at Crown Pointe and has just moved to a higher level of care there. I love the staff and the nurse when she lived in the independent side. There was a nurse that I really liked, and that nurse is now a full-time employee on the assisted side. I've been really happy with the fact that since she has moved to assisted living, they've been really good about getting her out of the room, getting her to eat in the dining room and socialize with other people, and she even watched a dance performance one day. I'm very happy with the care that she's getting there. It's very warm and homey, but it is clean and comfortable as well.

February 08, 2015

By Caring101951650

I choose Crown Pointe because it is the best. I think the staff is really good. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The food is good, and the dining room is fine. My mom says there are activities if you are able to do them. They have bingo and exercise classes. They have a five-day routine, but my mother is not able to participate on all those things right now.

Independent Living Reviews for Crown Pointe

March 30, 2021

By Reviewer#RD0309

Crown Pointe seems to be well maintained. It is very nice, appealing, and clean. The room that I saw was very clean, and there were no problems that I could identify. They are not large, but they would be adequate for somebody like myself. The dining area was very clean, orderly, and spacious, and the person that gave me the tour was very knowledgeable and helpful. I saw people playing bingo. I wasn't as interested in the activities for myself, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to social kinds of activities, but they seem to have activities and gatherings to keep people busy. The people that live there seemed to be happy. The person giving me the tour seemed familiar with them, and she acknowledged them by name, so they seemed to be very comfortable there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review of your experience! It means a lot to us!

October 18, 2019

By Kathy

Crown Pointe was a nice facility, but the residents were more senior than me and I felt out of place. The tour person was very helpful, but it was her first time doing it because the regular person does not work on the weekend. We got to see a lot of areas, but not the garage area and she didn't know if there were storage facilities. She showed us one living area, different guest rooms and dining facilities. It was everything I might want, I just wasn't comfortable with all the residents around me because they all seemed a lot older than I am.

October 02, 2018

By David

We chose Crown Pointe for my mother. It's a one-bedroom. We chose it because of the layout, the relative proximity to where we live, they seem to have probably the most vibrant community we visited in as far as activities. There seemed to be a lot more going on. They have three meals a day and a fixed menu, but the ability to order whatever you might want. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. It's a nice building, and they're continuing to update it.

July 06, 2018

By Michelle

Crown Pointe seemed nice, but I had to wait a long time to be able to talk to anybody. It felt more like a hospital. The restaurant and menu looked good. The rooms seemed a little dated and dark, and there was one little window. The staff was friendly.

May 30, 2017

By donna377252

We really liked Crown Pointe, and everything was wonderful. It was really nice, and it's close for us to go. The two girls who helped us were really nice, and everybody was so friendly. The people were just nice to everybody. It's where we'll end up going when the time comes. They were excellent in every area, and they couldn't do better. The place was nice, they were really laidback, and there was no stuffiness.

Memory Care Reviews for Crown Pointe

Questions about Crown Pointe

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly in services and training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Crown Pointe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 80 years old. We are a very social community! Residents love all things education including weekly podcasts and an active book club. We have a gorgeous chapel with Catholic and non denominational services. Go to the grocery store and retail store every week!

What programs or activities does Crown Pointe offer to enrich residents' well-being?

An abundance of activities to include morning exercise group, grief counseling, manicures, bingo, tai chi, therapeutic coloring, wii bowling, husker tailgates, live entertainment, holiday parties, bridge and card groups, catholic communion, mass and rosary, live animals, bible study, movie night, monthly movies at Aksarben theater, coffee and cookies and more!

What places are near Crown Pointe or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Aksarben Village, Hy-Vee, the interstate is very close

What transportation services does Crown Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

Unlimited transportation to doctor visits. Weekly store trips and outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Crown Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining to include a featured dish at breakfast, noon and the evening meal. Outside of the feature, a full 3 page, always available, menu with gluten free options notated

What safety features or security measures does Crown Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

Pendant, monthly fire and tornado drills. Community locks at sunset and unlocks at sunrise. Monitored video cameras around community with 24 concierge service.

How does Crown Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Life loop, emails and resident council meetings. Care plans.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Crown Pointe during daytime and nighttime hours?

14:1

If Crown Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept dogs and cats. We have a lovely walking path around the community with ample green space

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in services and training

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Crown Pointe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Aksarben Village, Hy-Vee, the interstate is very close

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Crown Pointe has organized?

Movie theater outings, discover Omaha's new developments, Holland performances, Henry Doorly Zoo, Monthly lunch outings

What transportation services does Crown Pointe offer to independent living residents?

Unlimited transportation to doctor visits. Weekly store trips and outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Crown Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining to include a featured dish at breakfast, noon and the evening meal. Outside of the feature a full 3 page always available menu with gluten free options notated

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Huge atrium, beautiful chapel, library with computers, recreation room

What safety features or security measures does Crown Pointe offer to independent living residents?

Pull cords in each room that call the front desk directly. Monthly fire and tornado drills. Community locks at sunset and unlocks at sunrise. Monitored video cameras around community with 24 hour concierge service.

If Crown Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Crown Pointe work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Crown Pointe provide to protect residents who wander?

Wander gaurds. 24 hour concierge at front desk

What programs or activities does Crown Pointe offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Lifestyle stations. Full time activity director for Independent Living residents and Assisted Living residents, as well as in our memory care community. Gorgeous secure outdoor patio with space to garden and grow food

Our Director of Nursing. Upon admission and every quarter.

What techniques does Crown Pointe use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Aromatherapy with warm towels for hands to stimulate hunger and a relaxed environment

How does Crown Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Life loop, emails

Describe the neighborhood around Crown Pointe. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located in an established neighborhood in central Omaha. Huge trees and quiet. Close by school and church

Is Crown Pointe affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not.

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Get Costs

About Crown Pointe

Discover the good life at Crown Pointe, where the most sought after Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Omaha, Nebraska, can be found in abundance. Our warm and inviting community is filled with potential friends and comforts to help residents enjoy every moment of their day. From the moment you wake up, you’ll be treated to comfortable environments that improve everyday quality of life. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that Crown Pointe provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. After you have explored our community, even more adventure awaits in the surrounding area, which can be enjoyed via our scheduled outings. From shopping excursions to luncheons, our program of events always has something fun for residents to experience. With the best of Omaha just moments away, residents can quickly reach topnotch restaurants and entertainment destinations.

Map of Crown Pointe