Crown Pointe Omaha, NE

Reviews of Crown Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Crown Pointe

August 22, 2016

By Tom346127

Crowne Pointe was a very nice place. They invited us for lunch. My wife and I enjoyed their food. We toured a couple of the facilities that were available and found them to be very nice. What stood out for me was that my wife would not have to take care of the house anymore because everything was in one building.

August 15, 2016

By Linda060880

Mom loved Crown Pointe. What she loved the most was that they had a big community area in the middle where people could gather and talk to each other. She also liked the dining area.

June 08, 2016

By Reviewer651084

Crown Pointe has memory care, which is what I'll need later on. The staff is great. They serve good food and provide good service. I don't have any complaints about anything. We are satisfied with our room. We are in our room most of the time except when we eat. They have a library and an entertainment room and a small outside place, which I don't know if you can call a courtyard. I am satisfied with this place.

December 16, 2015

By Michael H.

Crown Pointe is a very nice facility. The people at the front desk and the nursing staff were all nice. The people in the dining area were all very pleasant. The food that they served was very tasty and the portions were just right for older people. They invite speakers to present to the residents and also have musical activities and bingo games.

December 15, 2015

By Jody H.

Everyone was very friendly at Crown Pointe. The rooms were good-sized, and they have a full kitchen in them. The staff that showed me around was very nice and accommodating.

August 05, 2015

We went over to Crown Pointe, we really liked it, and we thought our mother would love the place because it is nice, it is open, and she is in a room where she has a beautiful view. I said, "Well, I think she is going to feel at home here," and she really has. My sister was over there the other day, and she seems very happy with everything. She said the people are very friendly. As far as the facilities are concerned, it seems clean, just judging by what it looks like and everything. I haven't had the chance to eat dinner with her yet, but I'm sure that will come shortly. We kind of looked around, and most of them were very nice, but this seems a little homier. It is an older building. It is not brand new, but it is very nicely decorated.

February 09, 2015

My mother is at Crown Pointe and has just moved to a higher level of care there. I love the staff and the nurse when she lived in the independent side. There was a nurse that I really liked, and that nurse is now a full-time employee on the assisted side. I've been really happy with the fact that since she has moved to assisted living, they've been really good about getting her out of the room, getting her to eat in the dining room and socialize with other people, and she even watched a dance performance one day. I'm very happy with the care that she's getting there. It's very warm and homey, but it is clean and comfortable as well.

February 08, 2015

By Caring101951650

I choose Crown Pointe because it is the best. I think the staff is really good. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The food is good, and the dining room is fine. My mom says there are activities if you are able to do them. They have bingo and exercise classes. They have a five-day routine, but my mother is not able to participate on all those things right now.

Independent Living Reviews for Crown Pointe

Questions about Crown Pointe

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly in services and training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Crown Pointe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 80 years old. We are a very social community! Residents love all things education including weekly podcasts and an active book club. We have a gorgeous chapel with Catholic and non denominational services. Go to the grocery store and retail store every week!

What programs or activities does Crown Pointe offer to enrich residents' well-being?

An abundance of activities to include morning exercise group, grief counseling, manicures, bingo, tai chi, therapeutic coloring, wii bowling, husker tailgates, live entertainment, holiday parties, bridge and card groups, catholic communion, mass and rosary, live animals, bible study, movie night, monthly movies at Aksarben theater, coffee and cookies and more!

What places are near Crown Pointe or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Aksarben Village, Hy-Vee, the interstate is very close

What transportation services does Crown Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

Unlimited transportation to doctor visits. Weekly store trips and outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Crown Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining to include a featured dish at breakfast, noon and the evening meal. Outside of the feature, a full 3 page, always available, menu with gluten free options notated

What safety features or security measures does Crown Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

Pendant, monthly fire and tornado drills. Community locks at sunset and unlocks at sunrise. Monitored video cameras around community with 24 concierge service.

How does Crown Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Life loop, emails and resident council meetings. Care plans.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Crown Pointe during daytime and nighttime hours?

14:1

If Crown Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept dogs and cats. We have a lovely walking path around the community with ample green space

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in services and training

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Crown Pointe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Aksarben Village, Hy-Vee, the interstate is very close

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Crown Pointe has organized?

Movie theater outings, discover Omaha's new developments, Holland performances, Henry Doorly Zoo, Monthly lunch outings

What transportation services does Crown Pointe offer to independent living residents?

Unlimited transportation to doctor visits. Weekly store trips and outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Crown Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining to include a featured dish at breakfast, noon and the evening meal. Outside of the feature a full 3 page always available menu with gluten free options notated

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Huge atrium, beautiful chapel, library with computers, recreation room

What safety features or security measures does Crown Pointe offer to independent living residents?

Pull cords in each room that call the front desk directly. Monthly fire and tornado drills. Community locks at sunset and unlocks at sunrise. Monitored video cameras around community with 24 hour concierge service.

If Crown Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Crown Pointe work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Crown Pointe provide to protect residents who wander?

Wander gaurds. 24 hour concierge at front desk

What programs or activities does Crown Pointe offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Lifestyle stations. Full time activity director for Independent Living residents and Assisted Living residents, as well as in our memory care community. Gorgeous secure outdoor patio with space to garden and grow food

Our Director of Nursing. Upon admission and every quarter.

What techniques does Crown Pointe use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Aromatherapy with warm towels for hands to stimulate hunger and a relaxed environment

How does Crown Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Life loop, emails

Describe the neighborhood around Crown Pointe. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located in an established neighborhood in central Omaha. Huge trees and quiet. Close by school and church

Is Crown Pointe affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not.

Photos of Crown Pointe

Services and Amenities of Crown Pointe

• Features Extra: Meditation Room

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Crown Pointe

Discover the good life at Crown Pointe, where the most sought after Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Omaha, Nebraska, can be found in abundance. Our warm and inviting community is filled with potential friends and comforts to help residents enjoy every moment of their day. From the moment you wake up, you’ll be treated to comfortable environments that improve everyday quality of life. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that Crown Pointe provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. After you have explored our community, even more adventure awaits in the surrounding area, which can be enjoyed via our scheduled outings. From shopping excursions to luncheons, our program of events always has something fun for residents to experience. With the best of Omaha just moments away, residents can quickly reach topnotch restaurants and entertainment destinations.

Map of Crown Pointe