Sunrise of Roseville

Reviews of Sunrise of Roseville

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Roseville

July 11, 2016

By Daryll451430

We visited Sunrise of Roseville, and I really liked the place. It's my second choice. The place was wonderful, and the people were very friendly and very cordial. The apartments were wonderful, and it had a great dining area.

June 28, 2016

By Julie655067

The dining areas at Sunrise of Roseville were pleasant. Visitors could come and eat with them for a fee. People could sit where they wanted. There were several choices on the menu. The people that took me around were very professional and took their time with me.

February 26, 2016

By Carole25

Everything seemed fine at Sunrise at Roseville. The rooms were very nice, clean, and well kept. Everybody seemed very friendly. The residents looked they were kept busy and seemed to be pleasantly comfortable.

April 20, 2015

By Joannie1

Sunrise of Roseville was a beautiful facility. I liked their dining room setup as it looked more like a restaurant. It was a beautiful eating area, and visitors could come and eat with the residents. They were very helpful when I was checking into it. They showed me one of the one-bedroom apartments, which was very spacious, very nice, and very comfortable. I would like to move there when I get old. They did have an extensive menu, and they had different types of activities. Price wise, you're paying for the luxury of living there. They do have a happy hour before dinner is served.

January 09, 2015

By bindoux

My mother is in the memory care unit of Sunrise, and I see her about 5 times a week. It is very favorable because I am only 6 miles away from her, and that is one of the reasons why I put her there. They treat her very well, and I think they have enough of what she needs. They have a beauty shop in the building which she has used, and they take them on trips. There is always something for them to do, and they do not leave her in her room.

October 28, 2014

By Catmom1960

My aunt is a patient here. She says she is in prison -- but would be saying that anywhere. (She has dementia but is high functioning and still has many days where she is alert. The problem was the days when she's not so alert.) While expensive it's much better than the two transitional places she was in. It's clean and comfortable, well maintained, and has good staff interaction.

September 30, 2014

By Jim95441750

Sunrise Of Roseville was nice, clean, and orderly. I actually talked to a couple of people living there and they like the service. Overall it was a good tour; it was a good experience. The rooms were clean. The surroundings were clean. The property was clean. Overall, it was a very nice place.

July 19, 2014

By Pat8105

Sunrise was nice. Everything was nice. It was in a very nice neighborhood. The problem is that assisted living wasn't going to fit for my friend anymore; she needed 24/7 care. Nevertheless, everybody was really nice. The facility was clean. It was neat. It was beautiful. I would definitely recommend this place. The best features for them would be the activities and the staff. It was just a good ratio of staff. The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. It seemed like they were very knowledgeable of how to take care of someone. The community had group singing, bingo, just stuff that people could do. They had good activities.

June 10, 2014

By Linda85025850

We have been to Sunrise of Rosevile. Actually, I loved that community. The food was spectacular. The staff that we met was really nice and welcoming. The rooms were shared rooms, but they were a little more like apartments. My mom didn't like the fact that the bedroom was in front and the sitting area was in the back. There was a window in the hall, and she just felt very uncomfortable that it was set up so they could look in her room. I knew it was to make sure she was safe, but she felt like it was an invasion of privacy. They had a lot of activities. They have memory-sensory things going on in the hall that were kind of subliminal kinds of memory-sensory. There were different kinds of music and things. There were a little milk and candies with the reading rooms, computers, and the sitting areas where people could gather and talk. It was a much bigger facility than where she was. She thought it was a little bit more like a hotel. The biggest problem with that was the cost. It was way out of budget for us.

May 29, 2014

My mother has serious Alzheimer’s. She's never happy, and she doesn’t know where she is, but I think she's safe and she's getting good care at the Sunrise of Roseville. So far we're quite pleased and comfortable with where she is. The staff is very good, and upkeep is excellent. I would recommend the place.

May 20, 2014

We visited Sunrise. It was a nice location. It was near things in the community. The staff we met was all friendly, but my dad did not move in there. There were activities going on while we were there. It looked like they were playing board games in one of their gatherings. They were good, very knowledgeable, and very friendly. My dad thought the rooms were very, very small. That's one of the reasons he didn't move in there. They were very open and sharing about what they had to offer. What they had available was not what my dad was looking for.

March 29, 2014

Sunrise of Roseville is a beautiful community. The staff is responsive. They came out and assessed my mother-in-law right away. Her room has two rooms, a bath, and a little kitchenette. They do group singing there. They also take bus trips for people who get around a bit more. Overall, it is a beautiful community if you're in level one assisted living, but if you are higher than that and you are in need of care, this community is a little crowded.

December 01, 2013

Sunrise was lovely. I liked it. The rooms were very nice. They have different types of studios and I was impressed with the lay out. They had nice activities and they also had a bus they used to take them to places. They were doing things and what I really like was that they had a quiet and nice dog in the lobby that made you feel like you were at home. The dining room was lovely. They were very well staffed. Their Alzheimer's unit is great. However, I just felt it was a little enclosed.

August 14, 2013

By Carol Johansen

My husband was there for one month for respite care. I can't say enough good about this facility. The care was excellent and I loved all the aides. The meals, too.

February 20, 2013

By alm55113

The facility is lovely and well kept. The executive director has changed at least 4 times in the last 3 years. Your loved one will get lots of attention at first and then care dminishes significantly. The employees are always friendly and kind but take no initiative when problems arise. The laundry and housekeeping services are spotty and we often find bed unmade, floors not vacuumed, etc. The monthly reports are worthless and give you no real information on how your loved one is getting on other than their weight and blood pressure. There used to be a form with personal notes but those were discontinued well over a year ago. Our biggest complaint is poor or nonexistent communication. It is next to impossible to get anyone to return your phone calls and they refuse to use email. When you visit and ask to speak to the nurse or administrator or even the blling office person they are NEVER available. We have been asking for the updated (if they has been) price list for extra services and point system and are still waiting after 6 months. The contract lists prices for medication levels 1 and 2, but our most recent bill back dates for 3 months medicaton service at level 3. Hmmm. On the surface this is a lovely facility, the people are nice and caring but it's all on the surface. If you have lots of time to keep on them about your loved needs and getting what they pay for it might be OK, but it will take a lot of work on your part. The rate for a 2 bedroom in 2010 was about 4,100 a month and now we are up to or $5,900 a month. We pay almost $1,000 a month for her to be handed her pills morning and night - not including the cost of the medication.

Thank you for your feedback. Our team members are committed to providing quality care and we are very proud of the joy they bring to residents every day. If you'd like to talk further about the service of a particular team member, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. We also encourage you to ask about financial options. You can visit our website at SunriseSeniorLiving.com to learn more.

July 25, 2012

By sdmoonchild

it was a great residence but it could have been a little cheaper in price. They were very expensive, he was paying around $4500 per month. We had to eventually move him to a nursing home because he needed more care than what the assisted living could offer him

February 28, 2012

By Annie31

Sunrise of Roseville has been the home of a close relative for over a year. They have been very attentive to his care and have been in constant contact via phone calls, personal meetings with our family, and notes sent to us by regular mail. The home is clean and well-maintained. Food is excellent! Staff is very attentive and friendly and took the time to really get to know our relative on a personal basis. The first two floors are brightly lit and inviting. The third floor is designated to those in need of memory care. There are pets on site including a large friendly dog as well as one or two cats. There are plenty of casual sitting areas, a porch, onsite parking, church services, and library. They are always going on outings to stores or events and try to keep the residents active and healthy physically and mentally.

May 27, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

The Sunrise of Roseville assisted living facility is in a great location for our family, so we decided to visit on our search for a place for our great-aunt. Near the Rosedale Shopping Center, it is easy to get to from both Minneapolis and St. Paul, where much of our family resides. We first noticed the outside Colonial mansion like structure. The fresh flowers in every room really made the environment appealing. Our great-aunt really loved to garden, so she really enjoyed the greenery. The main rooms have lovely French doors which make the space very open and full of light. The outside deck has ample seating and is surrounded by lush, forest-like trees. The social areas are nicely decorated, comfortable and really have a home-like feel. Throughout the facility, there are many seating areas which afford some privacy and are nice for visitors. The rooms have plenty of space and closets, with nice sized windows overlooking the yard. The bathrooms were some of the largest we've seen, all located in the center of the living spaces. However, in the unit we saw, the kitchenette was right next to the front door, which seemed a bit awkward. There was also very little counter space. Each set of rooms had wonderful views of gardens and well-manicured landscaping. The main dining area looks like a cafe with nice tables and outside views. We chose from a lunch menu and everything was really delicious "“ well prepared and suited to any dietary need. Interesting outings and events are offered, many of which really appeal to our great aunt. She really loves to get out and do things with people, so this is very important to us. We noticed people of varying ambulatory degrees. Our great aunt has no trouble getting around, however, she does have short term memory loss. To that end, the staff graciously offered to help us make an individualized service plan so that we would all be comfortable about choosing the facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Roseville

Questions about Sunrise of Roseville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff is trained to spot any subtle changes in a resident’s condition, and act quickly to provide the best possible care and service. Our team is responsible for assisting residents with memory loss and Alzheimer's care needs, and they also encourage independence, preserve dignity, and assist residents in their suites and throughout the community. Our staff in our memory care neighborhood undergo training that helps them assess individual interests and abilities, which can be matched with life skills and activities that tap into implicit and procedural memories.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Roseville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

At Sunrise of Roseville, we champion the lives of all seniors. From residents who are still independent to residents who may require high levels of assistance, we offer the whole continuum care.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Roseville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer offer opportunities to engage, enjoy, express, learn, and grow each day. Our dedicated activities team develops an extensive calendar tailored to your specific needs and preferences. Each day, our community offers a blend of activities that enrich the body, mind, and spirit- and you can set your own schedule by selecting the programs that you like best. On a typical day, you will find music activities, exercise, excursions, art, education, intergenerational mentoring, food and conversation events, games, and community service projects. Our activities programming is designed to bring together residents, team members, families, and volunteers—and turn each day into an opportunity for everyone to Live With Purpose.

What places are near Sunrise of Roseville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is conveniently located here in Roseville, on 2555 Snelling Ave North and County Road C. We are located right next to the Roseville Bingo Hall and the Rosedale Shopping Center. We also have a beautiful walking path that surrounds the building and leads into our nearby park.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Roseville offer to assisted living residents?

We have a community bus that allows us to take our residents on outings several times each week. We enjoy giving our residents the opportunity to join us on scenic drives, trips to target, restaurants, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Roseville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents inspire us in all that we do, and every meal that we serve is prepared with their personal preferences in mind. From the freshest ingredients to the tailored way we approach each dish, our daily menus are as unique as the individuals who enjoy them. All three meals are made from scratch each day.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Roseville offer to assisted living residents?

We have a wide range of elegant interior design and décor solutions that discreetly help you maintain your independence and make living at Sunrise safe and comfortable. Our senior-friendly design is to help prevent falls and accommodate the needs of residents with aging eyes and memory loss. We also have emergency pull cords and pendants that provide direct communication to your loved one's care team.

How does Sunrise of Roseville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We will partner with you and your family to help ensure you can make informed decisions, get the care you need, and live the life you want. Regular communication is key, and our team members will keep you up-to-date with honest information and answers to your questions.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Roseville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have trained staff here 24/7 to support residents and their families.

If Sunrise of Roseville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

At Sunrise, we love animals and appreciate the importance of pets in people’s lives. You are welcome to bring your own pet that you care for yourself, and our community also has a resident cat and dog. We all help take care of the community pets, and encourage you to engage with your community’s pet as much or as little as you like through feeding, walking, and other daily care. If you don’t love pets, that’s okay, too—interactions are carefully managed by Sunrise team members.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

As a Sunrise resident, you will receive care from our team of serving hearts. At Sunrise, we hire people who believe in implementing our Core Values and Principles of Service each and every day. To prepare for their role in the community, all new employees attend our internationally recognized training program offered through Sunrise University.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have trained staff here 24/7 to support residents and their families.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Roseville provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community is locked and secure during the evening hours and is supervised by our concierge team during the day. We are actively checking in on your loved ones throughout the day to invite and encourage them to our offered programming.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Roseville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our team will talk with the family to learn about your loved one's life experiences, preferences, and abilities in order to provide appropriate care while creating pleasant days with meaning and purpose.

Our wellness team assesses residents' health and cognitive functioning here at the community and will report any concerns or changes to the families.

What techniques does Sunrise of Roseville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our teams are trained in the Validation Method, which encourages more meaningful communication with those who are disoriented.

Photos of Sunrise of Roseville

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Sunrise of Roseville

Located just minutes from both the Minneapolis and St. Paul downtown areas, Sunrise of Roseville is located in the heart of Roseville just north of the Rosedale Shopping Center. We pride ourselves in our beautiful home and excellent staff who provide the best in care for our residents. Our individualized service plan caters to the specific needs of each resident - whether in Assisted Living or Reminiscence memory care neighborhood.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Roseville