St Anthony Nursing Healthcare

Reviews of St Anthony Nursing Healthcare

Nursing Home Reviews for St Anthony Nursing Healthcare

April 02, 2014

By KKRN

What St Anthony's is not is a NURSING Care center. From what I could find about this 102 bed facility there are 3.5 full time nursing staff with administrative duties. My grandmother lived in this facility for the last 4 months of her life and died there with the most inadequate care. Staff are poorly trained, especially in end of life care and pain management. When problems arise, and they will in any facility, you want to know that your concerns will be heard and addressed in an appropriate and professional way. They will not be handled that way here. Don't expect to be able to get in touch with the Md on staff or to get help by the social work department. Choose a different facility for your loved ones and educate yourself on how to work the chain of command, how to file a complaint with the Local Long term ombudsman that covers the facility. This facility is owned by a for profit corporation that inadequately trains it's staff and your loved one will pay the price for that.

March 27, 2014

My mom was in St. Anthony for a couple of weeks before she went to the hospital. They had nice and large rooms. The staff seemed nice, when you could find them. However, being nice next to doing the job was a different story. I understand why my sister took Mom out of there and transfered her to another facility because mom didn't get the attention that she needed. She was getting dehydrated. She needed lots of water because of her kidney. I was also with St. Anthony a couple of years ago after a knee replacement. My problem when I was there at the time was that they would either not put you to the bathroom, or put you to the bathroom and forget to come back and get you out, even though you were ringing the bell. I sat in there for an hour one time, and I ended up getting myself up and back to bed. I called my husband and told him to come take me home because I said: "If I can get to the bathroom by myself, I can do that at home," and the main reason I was there was to have assistance. That still seemed to be the case, although they said they had improved their conditions. The thing that they don't realize, I guess, is that when you are older and you have to go to the bathroom, you have to go to the bathroom right now. I just thought that either they don't have enough help or the people were not doing their jobs. There was never anybody around. When I went to the hallway to look for somebody to help Mom's roommate, when you call them down the hall, occasionally somebody will come out from one of their break rooms or wherever they are.

Services and Amenities of St Anthony Nursing Healthcare

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About St Anthony Nursing Healthcare

St Anthony Nursing Healthcare is a senior living provider in Warren, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact St Anthony Nursing Healthcare for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Anthony Nursing Healthcare