Woodhaven Retirement Community

Reviews of Woodhaven Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Woodhaven Retirement Community

October 27, 2014

By Livonia Resident

My father has been a resident in the memory care area for 2-1/2 years. At first I was quite satisfied with the quality of care. However, after finding him in soaked, foul-smelling diapers and wet clothes and wheelchair several times (indicating his diapers had not been changed for hours), I complained to the staff, then the middle management, then finally to the director of the entire facility. Afterwards, they insisted that my father either be evaluated by a psychiatrist for "behavior problems", or be sent to a facility for psychiatric evaluation. Before my complaints about his filthy diapers to management, there were no complaints about his behavior. The episodes of dirty, foul-smelling, soaked through to the chair diapers continues.

Dear Friend, we are saddened to read this review. We certainly do handle a number of very challenging (albeit rewarding) situations as we care for seniors who bear the immense burden of memory impairment and decline. In any instance where comments such as these are raised, we insist on thoroughly investigating and responding with appropriate measures. Given the details provided, we have done so with this case. If you can provide additional information, or have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via any method convenient for you.

March 28, 2014

By Kernow

My mother has been a assisted living resident for a year. Initially we were happy with the place, but over the last 3 months, we feel our mother is not getting the care we pay for. She has some pressure sores and the dressings are not being changed. They don't make sure she has on clean clothing. We pay for incontinence care and find they haven't changed her poise pad. Most of the aides are good caring people that are way overworked. They're expected to care for patients, shower them, clean the rooms and do the laundry. It's not surprising that the rooms don't get cleaned well with that workload. We're currently looking into other care options.

May 11, 2013

By caring0842

Woodhaven is located near us. They have independent living apartments, and it seemed really nice. We liked its atmosphere. They have a bus that takes residents once a week to the grocery store, the bank, or the pharmacy, and to other places that you would ask to go, but they have a schedule. The best thing about it is that my father-in-law will be able to cook his own meals, if he decides to move in there. They also have a garage where he can park his car.

November 18, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I visited Woodhaven Retirement Community in November 2011. In general, I thought Woodhaven Retirement Community to the best retirement community that I have ever visited. It is the only continuing care Retirement community in Livonia, Michigan. Woodhaven Retirement Community is primarily a faith based community where active seniors can actually live in luxury and elegance. The grounds of the facility are heavily wooded and secluded acres of land in the heart of Livonia, Michigan on the far west side of Detroit, Michigan most fluent suburb. The common areas of the Retirement community is beautiful, lovely, lively and it also offers a combination of major benefits of the metropolitan area that is also blended with the peaceful retreat of living in a very quiet secluded, and fast pace of the city as well. The only sounds surrounding the beautiful retirement community are the birds chirping, the gentle breeze rustling against the leaves in addition to the city of Livonia, Michigan is a very senior friendly community that any senior would appreciate. The residents'apartments are fit for a Royal Family to reside in with the elegance and luxuries that will make your eyes spin fifty miles an hour trying to accommodate the elegant décor and furniture at the same time. The staff and management of the facility are very loving, caring, and professional and team, task oriented in their job duties and performances and they treat their residents like family. I know that the residents receive excellent care there. I would have to rank this resort on a five stars rating in its expertise and excellence for senior living and retirement. While I was there, I noticed that the entire facility was just fit for a Royal Family to live in and their residents were enjoying their luxury living life styles at the resort is what I call it. I wanted to live there too I just didn't want to leave. The residents were enjoying themselves in their apartments' and other areas of the facility also it is just too gorgeous for words. I would recommend this resort to every senior and any senior that would love to live in elegance and luxury for the rest of their life. I know that they would love it there and I know that they would do excellent there.

September 22, 2011

By verysatisfied

I recommend it and have found it to provide very good care in both the assisted living and the nursing sections. It is clean, well-maintained, and in a quiet wooden area. But it is hard to find on the first trip since it is down a small side street. There are many activities and meals are generally acceptable, sometimes great, sometimes not.

Nursing Home Reviews for Woodhaven Retirement Community

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Woodhaven Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Woodhaven Retirement Community

• Pool

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: No Pets

About Woodhaven Retirement Community

Woodhaven Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Livonia, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Woodhaven Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Woodhaven Retirement Community