Caretel Inns of Brighton Brighton, MI

Reviews of Caretel Inns of Brighton

Assisted Living Reviews for Caretel Inns of Brighton

September 23, 2020

By Michelle

Both my mom and dad are sharing a room there at Caretel Inns of Brighton. We've been able to visit them, and it's been okay. They're short staffed, and it's been hard to communicate with the people there. Sometimes we don't hear back from them too quickly. They seem to be well taken care of though. From what I see, the facility is good, kept up pretty well, and clean. The workers have been great. They say that they try to engage them in some activities and get them outside. They had a car parade for them.

June 07, 2020

By Tpratt

My dad was only at Caretel Inns of Brighton for 7 weeks. It was a nightmare!! We had asked several times for update on my dad (because of covid we were unable to visit). We never received an email or call. They set up video calling which very seldom worked. My dad was a hospic patient which, meant any falls or changes in his condition were to be reported to the hospic. The nurses did not follow these rules. They (in our family’s opinion) felt they were above all the rules. They were rude and very unprofessional the most uncaring people you will meet. We found out by accident that my dad was moved to “active statice “. Administration did not feel the need to tell us. They would have had him die with no family by his side. We were told by several of the aids that they had asked “if the family had been notified “. From what we saw the aids were very caring and compassionate. The nursing staff could take lessons from them. When we were finally able to see our dad he had a large scrape and bruise on his forehead and both of his arms were bandaged . We were shocked when we saw him. While I was being walked back to his room by one of the nurses she said (with a smile on her face) “Now you at least get to see him”. I could not imagine a more incentive thing she could have said. We were able to spend my dads last 2 days with him. After he passed I went to pick up his belongings and found them in GARAGE BAGS on the back loading dock. We did not receive all of his belonging, apparently they decided what we would want. We had 2 calls with administrators still no answers. Apparently they care as much as the Nurse Administrator they have on staff. Please think twice about putting your loved one in this facility. .

May 23, 2020

By Chers

The P.T. part is excellent and my mom loved it! They were proficient, kind and caring. The nurses aides, for the most part, are nice but are short-staffed so SLOW to respond to calls. I've been there when my mom pushed the button for assistance for the bathroom and after 20 minutes I had to look for someone, in-part to see where they were and what the delay was. The food has gone down in taste. She was there three times and it's gotten worse, not better. It's satisfactory, except for the overuse of salt and dryness of meat. That being said, she loved the soup, veggies and potatoes.

November 29, 2019

By whippet99

My father stayed at Caretel Brighton for rehab after his spinal surgery. We were very happy with the care provided by physical, occupational and speech therapy as well as the nursing staff. The few bumps in the road during his stay were quickly and effectively addressed. I was happy with the communication to keep me informed of his progress and treatment plans. He was happy with the accomodations and spoke highly of the staff. We are glad we chose Caretel for his rehab needs.

December 02, 2017

By Louise Zrull

From HIPAA violations to nursing negligence and incompetence, this is not a place you or your loved one want to be a resident at. Nursing administration rude and unprofessional, unwilling to listen to concerns but rather interrupting to make excuses and cover-up incompetent care. Would not recommend this care facility at all.

August 10, 2017

By WGD

If you require cleanliness competent staff excellent nurses good food and very clean facilities this is the place what I'm always impressed about is that everyone comes in with a smile and asked if there's anything more that they can do to help us you will be very satisfied here and their physical therapy staff is second to none

June 14, 2017

By stevemo

Mom first required rehabilitation after a fall and and later needed assisted living She was a diabetic and was unable to manage medication and activities of daily living. Caretel and its staff were attentive to her needs. Management was open and responsive to questions regarding medical insurance and Medicare questions and also to various housing options at Caretel. Mom resided at Caretel for a year utilizing both the rehab side and the assisted living side. Transfer was seamless and staff very helpful. Mom was well cared for both in assisted living and in rehab as events dictated. The management team was extremely helpful in all the transitions and very open to discussions. Caretel is worth exploring for the care of family.

April 30, 2017

By Lynne Kooz

Our dear Mother was placed in Caretel of Brighton to rebuild after pneumonia. we ageee there are a number of caring staff who truly care but the way this facility is managed and how they handle issues is very poor. An aide twisted our mother's leg and broke it and our mother was placed in bed and family called hours later stating it was a potential blood clot and they called an X-ray service to come do an X-ray. When I arrived it was clear it was a broken leg and the staff stuck to its blood clot theory at first but then each started folding and telling what they heard happened. We had two meetings with a regional leader and on site GM and nurse and they seemed since but we have since learned they allegedly knew all along what happened. If they would have put our mother first, they should have called us and suggested 911 right away. They postponed treatment only to protect themselves. How unfortunate. Because of this lack of leadership and proper protocol, the good staff turns over. Be sure you watch over your loved one if you choose this option.

August 11, 2015

My mother was at Caretel Inns of Brighton for rehab. She had PT as well as OT services. They did a very good job taking care of my mom. I like the people there a lot. Their kitchen is a whole lot cleaner than most restaurants. All the servers were very nice and personable.

May 03, 2015

Caretel Inns of Brighton seems to be very welcoming. It is clean, and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. We walked through the dining room, and it is clean. The whole place is clean. As for activities, we can't really tell what those are, but they did have a little neat shopping area, and that is the only thing I really remember. I think the place needs to be more open. It is kind of curvy and real narrow, and that is the best explanation I could give. I don't feel confident to recommend it because I just don't know enough about it.

October 22, 2013

I would recommend Caretel Inns of Brighton. They have good employees. The dining room is very clean and the food is very good. The facility is more of a traditional kind of vintage, Victorian style exterior and interior, which the older generation likes.

June 20, 2012

By kshamrock20

I visited the Caretel Inns of Brighton recently to see my friend's Mother who was recently moved there. It's been a rough couple of weeks for their family, but having visited their Mother , I must say, I am a little bit more at ease. Caretel Inns is situated in a great city, near the main drag, which runs through the entire heart of Brighton. I thought the facilities were very tidy and the place looked rather new. I didn't ask how old the building itself was, but I would guess that it has been built within the last decade. It still has that new look to it. My friend's Mother seemed to be in good spirits. She is usually off making merry anyhow, but having to move into another home was tough on her. From the short stay she has had, she doesn't have any complaints other than she feels her living space is too big for her. I suppose this is better than being too small. The staff has taken good care of her and the area is about as safe as you can hope for. I highly recommend the Brighton area and this home.

Nursing Home Reviews for Caretel Inns of Brighton

November 30, 2016

By Pat844023

We picked Caretel Inns Of Brighton because they would let me stay with my husband overnight; he could not be left alone. They were the only place that would let me stay over night. They have activities, physical therapy, occupational, and speech. It’s a subacute facility, so there’s a physician who is on-staff who sees the patients, orders medications, and does lab studies. They have transportation. They provide 3 meals.

Memory Care Reviews for Caretel Inns of Brighton

Services and Amenities of Caretel Inns of Brighton

• American Sign

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Caretel Inns of Brighton

Caretel Inns of Brighton is a senior living provider in Brighton, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care. Contact Caretel Inns of Brighton for more details on services and rates.

Map of Caretel Inns of Brighton