Charlwell House

Reviews of Charlwell House

Nursing Home Reviews for Charlwell House

April 02, 2016

By Dorightbythem

Smelliest nursing home I've ever been in. I visited my relative 3 x over the last month and each time it has a very strong smell of urine throughout the facility. Second issue was the cna taking care of my relative never spoke to him and barely looked interested in doing his job.

January 04, 2016

By ADM

Visited a relative that just starting living at Charlwell House. The facility is depressing and smells of urine. Totally disgusting public restrooms. One was out-of-order and the other was a disgrace. The floor was sticky with urine and the urine odor was so intense that it was a serious health code violation.

December 10, 2015

By anonymous113663950

My mother has lived in Charwell House for a week. She’s seen the occupational therapist. They’re trying to help her, and I think they’re doing a pretty decent job. They serve three meals a day with snacks in-between.

June 01, 2015

By Sugaz8998

I never write reviews about places. But I feel as though I would have wished someone had told me before I sent my mom to this place. The place is absolutely terrible. The nursing staff was not friendly or caring AT ALL!!! when you choose to work in a place such as this, you need to come to work and be understanding that most of these people are here because they need help and cannot do things themselves. However, my mom was pretty able to do things herself. But the people were rude, they never once checked on my mother when I would visit her, they did not care whether or not she was eating or drinking. They absolutely did not give her the care and attention that she needs. Do yourself a favor and do not send your loved ones here. It is one of the worst places I have seen in a long long. she was unfortunately sent to the hospital under their care, and not one person notified me about it. This is what really set me off the edge about this place when I went to visit with my mother and ask them why I was not informed. The nurse VERY RUDLEY told me she does not have to inform me about these things. She said she has no obligation. Didn't say sorry, express her concerns. Nothing! She was so rude to me when I walked into that door and found out that my mother was going to the hospital. absolutely disgusted with this place. Honestly, I would not send your loved ones here if you want them to be taken care of.

March 25, 2015

By seelyb4

Charlwell House is a lovely facility. You walk in the doors and instantly feel comfortable. It has a nice homey feel and I could definitely see my loved one happy there. The staff all seemed pleasant, I was greeted with smiles by everyone. The Admissions Director and the Director of Nurses took the time to show me around. The rooms are mostly semi private, the dining area was large and set up formally. I was able to meet with the rehab team as well, they had a good sized gym, and all seemed very knowledgeable. They showed me their new equipment which seemed very high tech. They were very clean, there was no odor when entering, the hallways were clear, and they have beautiful wood floors on each unit!!

March 23, 2015

Charwell House looked like a nice place. I could see my wife would be comfortable there. It was a typical nursing home. It had single and shared rooms. They looked clean. Their medical staff looked OK. The atmosphere looked OK. The one thing I was looking for was PT for my wife, and I didn't sense that they had a PT area. I was looking for equipment, and I didn't see that. I saw some equipment there; however, other places had better equipment for physical training.

September 09, 2014

By 224

My grandmother was a resident of the Charwell House until her recent death. I personally thought the place was awful & never wanted her there. I found the staff at Charwell House in Norwood, MA to be uncaring and inattentive. When patients needed to use the bathroom it could be 20 minutes or more before they respond. At that point it's too late. When they would show up they acted like they were put out. When I was there I assisted my grandmother myself. It smelled on more than one occasion and was outdated. The staff did not want to be bothered to have to respond to alarms or check in on the fall risk or dementia patients so they park them in front of the nurses station to just stare into space for hours. One particular male nurse seemed to never want to be bothered with the patients needs. He was arrogant and sarcastic. There were not enough activities available. I feel the patients were not treated with the respect and dignity they deserve while I was present so I can only imagine what it's like for patients that don't have family regularly present as my grandmother did. My grandmothers recent death was the result of the staff not being attentive to her sudden decline in health. The family was very concerned with her condition and they all at different times over the course of 48 hours made it clear they thought she needed immediate medical attention. One nurse would not even hear my Aunts concerns because her shift was almost over. The others were too busy watching TV to be bothered! Everyone was told not to worry that it was not serious. When it became very clear it was serious it was too late. She passed away before reaching the hospital. None of the staff have once reached out to the family to offer their condolences and it's been several weeks. In my opinion they should be shut down under the current management and staff. It is very sad to see our elderly treated so poorly. I definitely do not recommend the charwell house and would give them negative stars if allowed!

July 08, 2014

By unresponsive

Our family found a large number of the staff to be uncaring and unresponsive. Food was just left on the tray without covers taken off and the meat left whole for a patient that couldn't cut it for himself. It took the staff a long time to respond to alarms on fall risk patients. The staff was not good about checking to see if the patient needed to go to the bathroom or if they would like a drink. Hours would go by without anyone checking on my family member who had suffered a stroke and was a fall risk.

June 13, 2012

By th1229

I thought the older people were left alone a lot and should have had more personal attention. It seems sad that many of them are unable to move around, so they end up sitting in a wheel chair all day by themselves staring off into space. I hate the smell of the place because it smells like pee every time I have ever walked in. I thought the feeding services were okay, and the residents seemed to get enough food. I thought there could be more entertainment too, like games and movies and other interactive things. There were also times when my grandmothers' things had been taken because there is not a lot of privacy or security in the rooms. Residents are discouraged from, but not banned from walking into each others rooms and they sometimes leave with someone else's things. I also thought the staff should have known some of the residents better so that they could have taken care of them in a more personal manner.

Services and Amenities of Charlwell House

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

About Charlwell House

Charlwell House is a senior living provider in Norwood, Massachusetts that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Charlwell House for more details on services and rates.

Map of Charlwell House