Lorien Mays Chapel

Reviews of Lorien Mays Chapel

Nursing Home Reviews for Lorien Mays Chapel

July 14, 2017

By lsather

The care is horrible! The staff is very slow to respond! The physical therapy is lacking! The staff will lie about what they do or don't do. And forget meeting with any educational health professional, they don't exist at this place! We have had several family meetings concerning my dad's recovery from amputation and as of YET no doctor ,Nurse Practioner, or therapist were able to attain! Therefore any informayion we got was useless! Do not choose this center!

January 11, 2017

By enhmlh

My father went to Lorien after having a stroke. When he left the hospital he was so depressed and had no desire to move forward in life. After just two days his demeanor change from bad to very good. He praise everyone he encountered during his stay. I thank the entire staff for motivating and caring for my dad.

December 18, 2016

By KRW

My mother-in-law is at Lorien Mays Chapel for long-term care.. She is now having serious difficulty with her breathing, waking up at night unable to breathe. The staff has been slow to respond to her calls when she pulls her cord for help and leaves her to clean up her drinks that have spilled when she wakes up in a panic from these breathing struggles. The food is terrible and even after speaking with a dietician about her special diet needs that never got communicated to the kitchen staff. The place is dirty - floors, bathrooms are two areas that stood out to me as needing serious cleaning. I would advise you pass on this facility and look elsewhere.

January 30, 2016

By Arlene15

After my sister had surgery, she went to Lorien Healthcare. It was excellent, good staffing and good meals with lots of activities. The rehab was good. One of the things that impressed me was they constantly invite family to find out what was going on in rehab and how they could help and what they could do and what they shouldn’t do. It has a very comfortable feel to it. They have bingo, card games and music, contest and bands. They had arts and crafts, library that you could use. You could also borrow DVDs.

July 17, 2015

By jhualum

My 90 year old Dad was admitted here for rehab care after congestive heart failure and severe leg edema required two back to back (almost) hospitalizations. He has been at Lorien a week, which seems much longer because he has improved so much. So first I need to say that I have never seen a more outstanding physical/occupational therapy facility. The equipment is state of the art. More importantly, the therapists are highly skilled and knowledgeable about geriatric clients, and are there daily from 730 to 430. Several. Daily. By now I have seen just about every patient on the 3rd floor, where my Dad is, working to regain mobility, range of motion, stamina and more. The nursing and other staff are friendly, caring, and very communicative and interactive with residents, family, and each other. This nursing center seems "over staffed" most of the time, which is a good thing, and everyone seems to take pride in what they do. The food is served in a dining room with silver, China and stemware, or in the cute little bistro where staff eats at counters. The food is good, choices are available, no repetition in a weeks time. So back to my Dad. He is healthier than he has been in months. He is being challenged mentally and physically. He expects to return home to independent living (and golf) but at the moment he is truly enjoying learning how this might be accomplished. Tops on his list? Returning here for PT as an outpatient. He has also expressed interest in the at-home health monitoring services provided via remote link. I truly hope your experience at Lorien Mays Chapel is similar to ours!

August 09, 2013

By Disappointed Family Member

My mom had such a scary time there that when I took her her to her 6 week appt they carted her of to the ER. How did my Mom end up with MRSA e.coli and a urine infection all at once at her wound? How did my Mom end up with a compression fracture in her back? How did my Mom get a blood clot on her spine? --rough treatment? I visited her every day but not 24 hours each day. Mom ended up at another place. She is now with me but wheelchair bound. Only 77yo and life as she knew it is over. So much for rehab after surgery

May 28, 2013

By seps

Although the facility looks nice and the food is decent, all good ends there. The very poor attitude of staff translates to poor care. I would not put another loved one or friend here. Look elsewhere.

May 09, 2013

By JoeO

We've visited Lorien Mays Chapel twice and were impressed with the facility and the professionalism and care of the staff. The facility is clean, well appointed, the program has a range of activities, and the food looks decent.

April 02, 2012

By Ladyinred

Although this facility is 'pretty' to look at, the nursing/aides staff leave much to be desired. Very uncaring attitudes, unfriendly (a few of them were kind...very few), toileting issues, lack of staff concern, personal/bathing care was horrible. We alerted multiple supervisors with no change in conditions. The therapists were great but my mother was not making progress. I would NOT recommend Lorien to anyone until they can understand what quality care means. I was hugely disappointed in this facility.

July 27, 2011

By barbarabar

Other

While we met caring, competent people here, by and large 50% of the time my mother did not receive adequate care during her rehab say following a broken hip. I had to clean her up from toileting problems almost every day unless one specific aide was on duty. They did not work with us to manage her symptoms and did not provide family centered rehab care "because of confidentiality issues". The facility is lovely, the food acceptable, activity therapists were lovely to my mother.

About Lorien Mays Chapel

Lorien Mays Chapel is a senior living provider in Timonium, Maryland that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Lorien Mays Chapel for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lorien Mays Chapel