Roland Park Place

Reviews of Roland Park Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Roland Park Place

July 14, 2013

By Guest52519

The staff and management are excellent and go above and beyond. My Mom has never been happier. I would recommend Roland Park Place to anyone.

June 09, 2013

By CaseyS

My grandmother moved to Roland Park Place 6 years ago and the experience has been nothing but pleasant this entire time. The living conditions here are great, with everything neatly maintained and things spick-and-span - and rightly so! The staff are attentive, and are willing to help you with your every need. It seems like they can be a little overprotective at times when it comes to checking in and out, but they are not too intrusive overall. I won't be living in a place like this for quite some time, but those looking for a community could do a lot worse than Roland Park Place.

May 18, 2013

By JeannieGirl

Roland Park Place is an outstanding place to live and provides all the services anyone would ever need. Management does a great job of listening to resident needs. I really appreciate everything they do for my mother.

May 12, 2013

By WInQ

We feel like we're living in a 5-Star hotel and park! Everything is so beautiful and the food is excellent at Roland Park Place.

April 04, 2013

By JudyCpie

Roland Park Place is a lovely community with nicely kept grounds and facilities. The entire community is handicap accessible, and it takes great care to meet all of its clients needs. The community offers options for all levels of care from independent apartments through full-time nursing care. The staff is very helpful and responsive to both their clients and their families. The staff refer to the residents as Mr., Mrs. or Dr. which denotes the level of respect and dignity that the elderly deserve. My grandmother initially moved into an independent living apartment at Roland Park Place. Here she was able to retain a sense of independence; there were book clubs and social events for her to attend. She could cook for herself, but there was also a dining hall where she could enjoy meals with her friends. As her health declined, she gradually became unable to take of herself, and she stepped down into a nursing home type setting with more supervision but still a measure of independence. Eventually, my grandmother suffered from dementia and she was non-verbal for the last four years of her life; at this point, we moved her into the unit with full-time nursing facilities. The staff took great care of feeding, bathing, and caring for her. We really appreciate all that Roland Park Place did for my grandmother in the last years of her life.

October 29, 2012

By Willwill7857989561

The building was in great shape. The neighborhood it is in is rather old and most buildings are in need of repair. This however stood out as a place that has been maintained quite well. The interior was very clean and almost like new. The carpet did not show stains common with a place in which multiple people live. The staff there was also very nice, I had issue finding her place but they helped and would not leave until she vouched for me. The also verified my reason and ID when they first met me. Made m think anyone there is very secure. Her Apartment was also very nice. It wasn't very large but was setup very well. There was enough room for her to have a separate space for eating, watching TV and for sleeping. My overall impression of this place was that I would be more than willing to send my own mother to live here. Also, It being in the city makes it easily to access for me as I work right around the corner from there.

August 03, 2012

By Margery Silverton

My mother entered RPP in the independent living section and after she broke her hip, she transferred an apartment in the residential care section. I was very grateful to all the staff at RPP for their kind and empathic help. Everyone, from the professional staff to the support staff was responsive and helpful as my mother transitioned to her new situation. I am very grateful to RPP for all the kindness and professionalism offered to me and my mother.

September 29, 2011

By phoward1019

A close friend placed her elderly grandparents into Roland Park Place about a year ago. I grew up with her so I knew the grandparents well and accompanied her to a visit at 1 point. I thought it was great. They certainly seemed happy. They gave us a quick tour and showed us all the different activities and amenities that are offered. Some of the women, including my friend's grandparent, is involved in weekly quilting which she very much enjoys. They have a "Men's Club" which involves some of the men visiting places such as the Cal Ripken Museum. They also said they've taken a bus tour to Washington DC. On site they have bingo, movies, exercise classes, French classes, music classes and much more. As church goers, they're happy with the bible classes as well. To me, it seemed more like a resort rather than an elderly assisted living facility. It was very pleasant. I am pleased that they're being well taken care of.

June 23, 2011

By CalGood

Very nice facility! I have two relatives living there now - one in the assisted living section and one in the nursing home section. They are both happy with the care that they get. There are a lot of very nice amenities (library, putting green, etc.) and social activities for the residents to enjoy. The staff seems very caring and empathetic. The reason I didn't give it five stars is that the building could use a little maintenance -- just a new coat of paint, and I'd say this place would be perfect!

June 02, 2011

By BrokAmerica

Visited this facility

I find Roland Park Place to be unique and refreshing. In the city, yet surrounded by beautiful, well kept gardens, it gives the residence the opportunity step outside anytime. The building is located right across a shopping center and a movie theater, making it very convenient. After meeting the staff, I found them to be very warm, open and communicative. They all seem to be genuinely pleased to be working at the Roland Place and seemed to get along with the residents quite well. The facility has a developed recreational area, with a gym, and a rehabilitation center, which I feel is important to have.

Independent Living Reviews for Roland Park Place

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Roland Park Place

September 28, 2013

By caring05541

Roland Park Place was very nice, warm and friendly but they were too expensive for me. I loved it and it was absolutely fantastic. The dining room looks very nice; I did not eat there though. The staff was really nice. They have lots of activities and most of them were run by the people and not by the staff.

August 27, 2012

By Myrr

The staff at Roland Park Place are exceptional; the front desk workers were quick to learn all the family members and were generally approachable and helpful. The building contains a small library and computer center. Neither of these are exceptional, but they are serviceable and better than those at many facilities. While the location in the city is less amenable to wandering around, being directly kitty-corner to a supermarket and movie theater is helpful for the more mobile residents. Additionally, the facility frequently arranges trips to various locations around town (opera, museums, etc); the proximity to downtown is quite beneficial in this respect. Likewise, the center of Hampden is in walking distance, with some good eateries and quirky little shops.The apartments themselves tend towards the smaller side, but are well-maintained and perfectly functional. They have balconies that--for those on the upper floors in particular--offer fairly impressive views of the city and/or county. Parking for residents is reserved, but is rather limited for guests. This is rarely a problem during normal hours, but can be a bit of a nuisance around holidays, though street parking nearby is plentiful.Overall, Roland Park place is a very nice facility, particularly for people who wish to be close to the city.

June 26, 2012

By 1stdaughter1

My mother, now nearing 101, has been at Roland Park place for close to a decade, first in independent living, and after a fall and a broken hip a year ago, in assisted living. Roland Park has proved a wonderful place for her, in almost every way. The other residents are interesting, often from backgrounds in medicine, university life, teaching, and so on. There is a full range of activities, including lectures, classes, film series, discussion groups, and trips to cultural events (and the beach). The food is remarkably good. The staff is mostly competent, engaged, and compassionate. There were a few bad moments in nursing care after my mother's fall when she had to wait a long time for assistance, and currently she has a night aide at extra cost who will be right there if she needs anything. But on the whole, it's hard to imagine a better facility.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Photos of Roland Park Place

Services and Amenities of Roland Park Place

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Roland Park Place

Roland Park Place offers over 20 different floor plans in Independent Living including 4 residences within the beautiful and historic Greenway cottages situated along 40th Street. There are 5 different floor plans in Assisted Living consisting of one and two bedroom apartments, and there are 60 private rooms with private baths in the Health Care Center for short-term rehab, long-term care and memory support. All of Roland Park Place’s residences with the exception of the cottages are within one building, making it easy to find the services and amenities that are right for you when you need and want them.

Map of Roland Park Place