Ginger Cove Annapolis, MD

Reviews of Ginger Cove

Independent Living Reviews for Ginger Cove

April 30, 2013

By caring0424113

Ginger Cove was fine. It was clean, friendly, and a nice place. It just didn't fit what I was looking for myself, which was basically the location.

September 26, 2012

By ellen3

It is such a nice feeling to know there is always help available when needed!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Ginger Cove

May 31, 2015

By Daughter of former resident

My mother was a resident for 20 years until she died recently. The apartments are small, the food is mediocre at best, and the restaurant staff is inattentive. The nursing staff in the independent living section is overworked but do everything they can for the residents. The best part of Ginger Cove is the assisted living arrangements. I wish I had gotten my mother into that section earlier. Her quality of life would have been much improved. The nursing home section is a nightmare. My mother was left alone in her bed for 15 minutes while she was having a heart attack so the only person on duty could go wait for the paramedics. I was on the phone with her listening to her call out for somebody to be with her. That is only one incident of many. The worst part is the finances. Two weeks after my mother died, Ginger Cove removed money from my account to pay her bill, even though their contract specifically states that the money should have come from the entrance fee. Then the following bill had a credit on it. Three months later and neither my money nor the credit have been returned.

February 14, 2014

By Douglas2

I believe we've been to Ginger Cove twice. It’s a wonderful facility and has a good operation. The people were extremely nice. We had a session where we had lunch and met some of the people who lived there. Then we went back and sat down with the marketing people and went with the whole process. They were very accommodating, we are still in their mailing list and gets information from them. They have all the amenities you might require as well. They really had a nice orientation. The only problem is we really love the idea of a community where there's all ages – from little kids to older people. That is the atmosphere that we prefer and unfortunately the place is a little bit isolated from the normal mainstream where people live.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Photos of Ginger Cove

About Ginger Cove

Choose from five different spacious one- and two-bedroom apartment floor plans; then make it your own with your furnishings, artwork and personal style.

Ginger Cove, Annapolis' premier life-care community, embraces wellness as a way of life. This vibrant, CARF-CCAC accredited community nurtures every aspect of your well-being with resort-style amenities, a rich schedule of daily activities and frequent excursions to downtown Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington, DC, and beyond. And our financial plan refunds 90% of your entrance fee to help preserve your estate.

Start your day with a morning swim in our aquatics center or a kayak paddle. Take in an art lecture. Savor a delicious meal prepared by our executive chef. Enjoy a night out at the symphony. Life at Ginger Cove affords you unlimited ways to spend today with peace of mind about tomorrow.

Housing Types Offered

1 BR Apartments, 2 BR Apartments, 3 BR Apartments

Monthly Costs

Minimum monthly cost: $3,175/month
Maximum monthly cost: $6,443/month

Rooms

Utilities, Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhouse, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Pharmacy, Parking, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs

Map of Ginger Cove