Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

July 30, 2013

By keramie

Other

This nursing home is absolutely horrible. Its unclean and gloomy upon first glance. The residents do not get sufficient attention. Call lights stay on for hours at a time because no one wants to take 5 minutes to go change a resident. Nurses and cnas close the doors of residents rooms when they are yelling for help rather than doing anything simple to fix the problem. The majority of the staff is either lazy or rude. Im a caretaker for a resident who has lived here for a few years. Ive been working for her for 1 and a half. In this time her care has not improved despite many many complaints. It takes hours to get anyone to change her. When I get here in the mornings her bed is soaked with urine as are her clothes, they dont change her before getting her up for breakfast. When I change her bedding they complain saying I didnt do it right, but at least I did it at all when that isnt my job. The rooms are kept dirty and cluttered but impersonal. The walls and floors are shades of white. There is no warmth. No one here is inclined to care for people. They are obviously here for a paycheck, not to make a positive difference in anyones life. I would NEVER put anyone in a home like this.

August 21, 2012

By SamBauer123

My 70 year old grandma tells me that this place is fantastic. As I am not a resident I cannot be 100% sure about what goes on, but I hear from her 2-3 times per week. She tells me that the caregivers are friendly, they check on her regularly, and that the place has a good vibe. I was a little uneasy about putting her in there, but she makes me feel good about the decision. I have visited her quite a few times. It smeels good, she has a nice room, and the food is very tasty. They give her independance while still helping her, and know each resident well. I reccomend this to everyone who reads this.

About Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Louisville, Kentucky that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center