Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

January 15, 2017

By Facility Needing help

Other

My family member was just placed there and the place is terrible. The beds are manual cracking and was no remote for the tv, had to ask for a it. He couldn't hear it from the other side of the room anyway. The cleaning is very poor along with the staff that are Rudy and neglectful. It. took 20 minutes to have someone answer our call light. Can't wait for a bed to open at any other facility. Reported to the management, their aware. Will post again when improvement is noted.

October 08, 2013

By jmonyhan

the place is dirty and tiles missing from the floors. The clothes are lost or stolen from the laundry. They do not provide nutritional menus for diabetics. They are given a regular diet and then over medicated with insulin drugs to off set the poor nutritional provisions, i.e., chocolate, pies, pastas, white breads, sugar sweeten drinks, awful. The sugar is out of control and the insulin can only do so much. Then when the hands, feet, arms and legs are in terrible shape they give them pain shots directly into the extremeties so maybe the resident can sleep.

July 30, 2013

By keramie

Other

This nursing home is absolutely horrible. Its unclean and gloomy upon first glance. The residents do not get sufficient attention. Call lights stay on for hours at a time because no one wants to take 5 minutes to go change a resident. Nurses and cnas close the doors of residents rooms when they are yelling for help rather than doing anything simple to fix the problem. The majority of the staff is either lazy or rude. Im a caretaker for a resident who has lived here for a few years. Ive been working for her for 1 and a half. In this time her care has not improved despite many many complaints. It takes hours to get anyone to change her. When I get here in the mornings her bed is soaked with urine as are her clothes, they dont change her before getting her up for breakfast. When I change her bedding they complain saying I didnt do it right, but at least I did it at all when that isnt my job. The rooms are kept dirty and cluttered but impersonal. The walls and floors are shades of white. There is no warmth. No one here is inclined to care for people. They are obviously here for a paycheck, not to make a positive difference in anyones life. I would NEVER put anyone in a home like this.

August 21, 2012

By SamBauer123

My 70 year old grandma tells me that this place is fantastic. As I am not a resident I cannot be 100% sure about what goes on, but I hear from her 2-3 times per week. She tells me that the caregivers are friendly, they check on her regularly, and that the place has a good vibe. I was a little uneasy about putting her in there, but she makes me feel good about the decision. I have visited her quite a few times. It smeels good, she has a nice room, and the food is very tasty. They give her independance while still helping her, and know each resident well. I reccomend this to everyone who reads this.

Services and Amenities of Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Louisville, Kentucky that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Highlands Nursing & Rehabilitation Center