The Lafayette

Reviews of The Lafayette

Independent Living Reviews for The Lafayette

November 25, 2016

By DJ231037

The tour we had at The Lafayette was great, but it was one of the more expensive ones that I looked at. It had studio and apartment-like rooms. The staff was OK.

March 23, 2016

By Visitor120993750

The Lafayette had a very nice layout. The staff was friendly and exceptional. The dining areas were wonderful, and it looked like they had great food. However, they're not well set up for pet owners. For people with pets, it's not ideal. Other than that, there weren't any issues. The rooms were nicely sized and well maintained but could use some updating. They had a really nice community library, on-staff community nurses, and people who organize activities.

July 31, 2015

By Cathy109883550

I visited The Lafayette; they seemed nice. They were a little bit more crowded as far as getting around in a wheelchair or walker or crutches. Once you got into a room, it had open space, but getting through the main reception area was like a lot of turns and a very limited amount of space, so it would be very hard for somebody like me who has a scooter or a walker.

I am the Executive Director and I appreciate your comment that we seem nice! I would ask for the opportunity to chat with you about the space in our entry. We have measures in place to make it comfortable for individuals who have walkers and scooters. One of the services that makes The Lafayette special is that we have a team member in place at our front entry 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. What this means is that our residents can feel secure and that we can be sure that everyone can feel at ease when coming through our front door. It would be my pleasure to introduce you to a resident who uses a walker or scooter so you can learn what their experience has been. Please call or stop by- my door is always open. Jamie Gitzinger.

June 15, 2015

Everybody at Lafayette was really friendly, and the facilities were nice. We looked at one apartment, and it was a two-bedroom. That is the only one we saw, and it was quite nice. The dining setup looked good, but we didn't eat there. I believe they have a staff that is dedicated to the dining room. In other words, they are not doing ten different jobs at the place plus working in the dining room. I think it looked like a good spot. The reason we didn't want to move my mother where she is in Wisconsin is they have a program to pick up the slack if you run out of money or exhaust your savings. There is nothing like that in Kentucky.

April 29, 2014

The Lafayette was absolutely gorgeous. It was like a luxury apartment, assisted living type of thing, and it was beautiful. The dining area was exquisite. It was a seated facility, and there were servers that were specifically tailored for dining service. The staff was very friendly, accommodating, upbeat, and enthusiastic.

Photos of The Lafayette

Services and Amenities of The Lafayette

• Vegetarian

About The Lafayette

The Lafayette offers compassionate senior care in Lexington, KY. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Lafayette shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Lexington, KY.

Map of The Lafayette