Lamar Court Assisted Living

Reviews of Lamar Court Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Lamar Court Assisted Living

March 30, 2015

By Caring104209150

My husband is in Lamar Court for three weeks now. It's close to our house, and it has an inviting atmosphere. The people are all really nice. It's been great so far, good food, and reasonable price compared to other places I visited. He was there for a week, he left, and then he came back. He is starting to get used to it.

July 22, 2014

We have placed my mother-in-law at Lamar Court. She likes the food there, which is crucial. Also one of the nice things for my mother-in-law is that there is no set time really for meals. She can go down and order off the menu when she wants, so that is a huge plus for her. With regards to the staff, the people that I have dealt with have been very, very helpful. However, as far as the actual help, it takes a while to adjust, and some of them may not know how to treat a stroke victim with paralysis. I think my mother-in-law has asked to have one of them taken off of her care. Her room is fine. It is spacious. It is one large room in which she has her bed, her sitting area, her bath, and her little fridge. It works perfectly for her. Also, it is clean, and that's what I like about it. They made sure that everything was clean before she moved in, so the place (Lamar Court) is clean, it doesn't stink, and it doesn't smell like a nursing home.My mother-in-law has not been there long enough, and I think she is still adjusting. However, they do have activities should she decide to do them. I like that they have an activity director. They have some really nice things. Also, the residents in that facility have not lost a lot of their cognitive ability, and because my mother-in-law is still really with it, that is a huge plus too.

April 01, 2014

My mom is in hospice in Lamar Court, and she is nice and comfortable there. I think it is a nice facility. The rooms are absolutely wonderful. The food is probably the best in Kansas City. There are a lot of activities. Everybody seems to be upbeat. The main thing is the staff seems to really care about my mom. The staff is great. I am very pleased with where she is. However, she's not expected to live very long, and she's there until the end.

November 16, 2012

By Marti2

I know some of the nursing staff and the director in Lamar Court, so I know that they run a tight ship. I know quite a few people that are residents there and they're very pleased. The room was bigger than any of the other places that I went to. The staff was good. I really like it, but they didn't have space available when we were needing to move.

Costs for Lamar Court Assisted Living

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Dining Room Open 7am 7pm, Secured Entrance

• Technology Extra: Internet/Wi Fi In Some Shared Areas

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Activities Extra: Monthly Birthday Parties, Monthly New Resident Teas, New Resisendt Luncheons, Candleight Themed D Inners, Movies, 6 Seasonal Family Parties, Spa/Nail Time, Library Talks Group Games

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6.5:1

• Licenses: Kansas License

About Lamar Court Assisted Living

We are a premier assisted living community conveniently located in the Overland Park/Leawood area near upscale shopping, restaurants and cultural attractions. Our safe, residential environment is staffed by an expert team that provides support and assistance when you need it. Our goal is to promote your independence and the quality of life you desire.

You’ll have many choices whether it’s our delicious meal options prepared by our top chef, exciting social activities, or organized group trips. Lamar Court has everything you are looking for in an assisted living community!

At Lamar Court, we’re inspired by you! Schedule your tour today, and see why so many have chosen to call Lamar Court home.

We offer 24/7 nursing and a restaurant style dining room that is open from 7am-7pm as well as a coffee bar with fruit & goodies open 24/7. Free transportation to doctors appointments two days a week as well as fun scheduled outings like shopping,lunches, movies, etc.

Map of Lamar Court Assisted Living