Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

Independent Living Reviews for Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

September 16, 2014

I moved in at Arbor Court two years ago in October. I chose it because it was right down the street from my church. The food goes up and down. We are in the middle of transition because of the change over in management, so I really can't say what's going to happen in the future. The past has been nice. I love the people here. It is a small community. You get to know everybody and it is friendly. The best thing about this place is the people here. It is like a second family. We have a bunch of high school students serving tables and they are very nice. It restores your faith in young people. I have a one-bedroom apartment. There are a few two-bedrooms and a few of studios. As for activities, right now, we are matching a movie. We have had several concerts this week. They bring people in to entertain us. They go out to eat or they have supper come in. They play bingo, scrabble and rummy, all kinds of games depending on your interest. They keep us busy. Also we have exercise classes to keep us healthy. The only thing I have against Arbor Court is that I really don't like the times they give you your meals, i.e., breakfast at 7, dinner is at noon and then supper they serve at 5 and it is really too early for me.

July 08, 2012

By Candersen7878

The facility is very clean and well kept. All staff members have been warm and very helpful, making sure to apprise us of any issues with my father-in-law. We visited there for a family dinner last month. The food that they served was very tasty, and the portions were more than adequate. They offer several trips outside of the facility and make sure that the members are active. The decor does seem dated and a little faded, but is in good repair. When we moved him in we had easy access to an elevator and they were able to provide us with a dolly and carts to move in the heavy stuff. Overall we have been very pleased with the living arrangement there. They provide weekly cleaning, three meals a day, and laundry service. They do charge for the laundry service, but the cleaning and meals are provided as part of the living expenses.

July 08, 2012

By Katrina90

Drury Place is the facility our family chose for my Dad when he became unable to live alone. We met with the director, Sandy, and the package she presented during our initial visit has been exactly what has been provided. My Dad has his own apartment and is able to cook if he wants to, but he also chooses to eat three meals per day with the community. His utilities are included in his apartment rate making the cost reasonable for those on a budget. In addition, the community cleans apartments once per week and launder towels/sheets. They will launder residents personal laundry for an additional cost. There is transportation provided to shopping and doctors appointments. Local pharmacies provide medication boxes for residents. They also plan a variety of activities, movies, tours, etc. to keep residents active. They play cards and bingo regularly. My Dad has a good time and has never had any complaints. I gave the community four stars only because the facilities are dated. With a few updates, this would definitely be a five star community.

Costs for Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

Photos of Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

Services and Amenities of Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

• Home Sale Assistance

About Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar

ARBOR COURT AT ALVAMAR located at 1510 St Andrews Dr., Lawrence Kansas. A Retirement Community dedicated to Living Life at its Fullest. 66 apartments.

We offer 3 different floor plans; Studio, One and 2 Bedroom apartments. At Arbor Court you will enjoy a life style that alleviates the stress of your everyday routine like home maintenance and meal preparation.

We understand it is the details that count, so we offer many amenities including: Fine dining, complimentary housekeeping, free onsite laundry services, beauty and barber salon, Social activities, entertainment and are a pet friendly environment

Map of Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar