Greenbriar Village

Reviews of Greenbriar Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Greenbriar Village

May 20, 2014

By Jami3

GreenTree was close to where Mom lived, and it was important to her that she recognized the neighborhood. One of the other reasons we chose it was cost. Probably the most important reason was that the people who lived there all seemed happy and they visited with one another. When I went in to see them in the dining room, they were just chatting and smiling and happy. It felt like a home-type atmosphere. The staff has been wonderful. The girl who cleans her apartment and does her linens is just very, very kind to my mom. The folks who work in the dining room go out of their way to make sure that my mom and the other residents get what they want. If they want it and it's available, they will go get it for them. A lot of the staff has worked there for a really long time, and they seemed very, very pleased to be working there, also, which I think contributes to the quality of care that they get. The residents have been there a long time. They know all the staff because they don’t seem to have any turnover at all. Her 1-bedroom apartment has a very nice-sized bathroom. It has a shower that has a really low lip, which is wonderful with plenty of room. If she were to end up in a wheelchair, if something was to happen, she would be able to still get around in her apartment very easily. It has a nice little kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator that has a little freezer section. There seems to enough storage space for her things, and it has a large walk-in closet and a nice workplace. They have arts and crafts, bingo, Bible study, and they have church. They do have physical exercise in the morning. A couple of times a month, they have outings to go to restaurants, and then once a week, take them out to drugstores or the bank or to go shopping. It has nice laundry rooms on every floor. I have eaten there. The salads are very lovely. They have a cart that they bring that has all kinds of different combinations of salads. They offer a couple of main courses every meal. They have a menu of things that they offer, and if you don't want the things, they have specials in the evenings. My sister tried the chicken tenders, and they were as good as you will get at any restaurant. They were delicious. My mom had some butter pecan ice cream that she adored. It was very nice. When we first went there, the way that they delivered the food to the residents seemed wild and haphazard. We put in a suggestion that they could put numbers on the tables and have order slips. The next week, they had the numbers on the tables, and the food delivery was exceptional. They're very receptive to any concerns or suggestions that you might have. They implemented it, and it was great. She's been there a couple of months now, and she's really adjusted, and she is happy there. We are very pleased, and we would recommend it to anybody who's looking for a place, if your parent needs a little extra help with cooking and their home is just too big for them.

December 30, 2013

I would say that the activities at Green Tree at Post Road were good. They had individual rooms for different types of activities and I did like that. They have nice dining room. They have a nice common area. I did not like their rooms because they were very cramped and small. There was not much space. Their dining room was nice and cheery. They even showed me the menu and it looks like they had very nice food too.

Thanks so much for visiting GreenTree at Post Road! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others. Regarding apartment size - it's completely normal to have a negative initial reaction to smaller apartment sizes when you are considering assisted living, particularly if you are moving from a private residence. When people first start looking at assisted living apartments, they tend to envision a life enclosed within the private spaces of an apartment, and it may seem too confined. Thankfully, that's not how it works in our communities.

GreenTree at Post Road is designed to encourage a sense of community, with much of the daily action taking place in spacious common areas. Private apartments offer a quiet place to get away from it all and to surround yourself with your own furnishings and keepsakes, but they aren't intended to take the place of an entire home. One of our residents put it beautifully a few years ago after her first month at GreenTree "This makes me feel like I did when I lived in my sorority house in college. I feel like I'm surrounded by my friends and we're all in this together."

To anyone who is concerned about apartment sizes and whether a smaller space can keep you from being happy in an assisted living community, we simply ask that you talk to people who are already enjoying assisted living. While making the move does require some adjustments, the size of the apartment is generally not an issue after you experience the overall benefits of this lifestyle.

Photos of Greenbriar Village

• Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• State Licenses: 15-011799-1

About Greenbriar Village

Discover the perfect combination of compassion, comfort and convenience at Greenbriar Village, our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Indianapolis. From thoughtfully designed floor plans and world-class services to myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Amenities at our Indy community include a landscaped courtyard and cozy lounge area, ideal for visiting with neighbors, friends and family members. Nature lovers will appreciate our beautiful fishing pond. With care plans tailored to individual needs and a beauty salon/barber available right on-site, residents won’t need to travel far to feel and look their best. Comfortable apartment homes, which are available in a variety of floor plans, boast walk-in closets and spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers. Full-size kitchenettes make it easy for residents to whip up tasty snacks for themselves as well as visitors, and three delicious restaurant-style meals are served daily in the community’s tastefully decorated dining room. When seniors want to get out and about, scheduled courtesy transportation is available to local shops, restaurants and attractions. Daily activities and weekly outings are sure to satisfy even the most adventurous residents, while our well-stocked library is guaranteed to appeal to seniors who prefer to stay in. Kindhearted, qualified staff members are available 24 hours a day to meet the needs of residents. Schedule a tour of our Assisted Living and Memory Care community today, and see for yourself that the grass can be greener at Greenbriar Village.

Map of Greenbriar Village