Big MuddyWest Assisted Living

Reviews of Big MuddyWest Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Big MuddyWest Assisted Living

November 17, 2016

By Lady Dianne

I have been a resident at Big Muddy Assisted Living (River to River) in Murphysboro for almost two years now and have found aa place I can truly call home. When I first came here, I thought I would never be happy again and feel at home but have found comfort and understanding here that is hard to describe. The last two years have not been easy. I've lost family and many friends but have always felt accepted and cared for here by the staff (Jane, Tina, Christa and all the girls who assist us every day.. Before coming here, I had lived at my home in Vergennes for 56 years and did not know any other way to live. I would highly recommend Big Muddy to anyone who desires a place to live where they can find friends and enjoy having and feeling secure, taken care of, and supported. We enjoy a variety of fun and interesting events or can simply enjoy the quiet of our apartments. I also love the fact that we can have our pets as companions as long as we are able to care for them. For me, they, my pets are a big comfort because I don't have any family left. To the staff, I say Thank You with all my heart. Dianne Preston

November 17, 2014

I would occasionally go to Big Muddy West to play bingo and I'd chat with the people who live over there. We have parties with them sometimes, and sometimes they come to ours. It is about the same as where I am at except that it is private pay and much harder to get into. The rooms might be a little larger as well as the refrigerators. There are 25 or so people living over there.

September 29, 2014

By caring3457

Big Muddy is very welcoming and the staff is very welcoming. The rooms are a little bit bigger and they allow the tenants to do some light cooking and that was really nice. I really have nothing negative to say about this community.

March 20, 2014

Big Muddy River has a beautiful covered porch that looks like a southern plantation porch. The staff seemed very nice but I only talked to the manager. The residents seemed happy, they were listening to a concert when we walked in. The rooms were very adequate though smaller. The food is very nice.

August 20, 2012

By GrandDaughter50

Big Muddy River Assisted Living is a top-notch facility. The building is attractive and well-maintained. During the many visits I made, I always observed staff to be polite and caring to the residents. They were attentive to the residents' needs, prompt to respond when help was needed, professional, and courteous. The individual apartments are nicely appointed, and spacious. The staff arranges activities, chapel services, etc. which really helps maintain a positive atmosphere in the facility. Moving from one's home to an assisted living facility can be difficult for residents, but the staff at Big Muddy made this transition much easier. Social interaction is encouraged, but privacy is always respected. The atmosphere in the dining area is pleasant and social. The meals served are appetizing and meet the individual needs of the residents. Because of its location, visits to doctors, dentists, and medical specialists are just a short drive away. For residents who do not have friends or family nearby to assist with special tasks, volunteers are often available to help out. I would recommend this facility highly for its standard of care. The atmosphere is warm and caring, allowing those who need assistance to live there with dignity.

February 24, 2012

By JET94

I really love going to Big Muddy a River to River Assisted Living. It honestly seems like a wonderful place to live. Most assisted living homes, and nursing homes are portrayed as awful places that the residents absolutely hate. However, this one is different. It has a very colorful and polite community, with great caring staff members. My uncle really enjoys living there. There are plenty of things for the residents to do socially with each other, such as watch television together, or play some games in the game room. Or even for the residents who are not quite so social, they can keep to themselves in their own apartment. Everyone is treated fairly there, and they always seem to be in a good mood. After all, who could be upset living in such a great place? I've always told myself that I do not ever wish to go into any kind of assisted living, or nursing home, but after seeing this one, I may have changed my mind.

Services and Amenities of Big MuddyWest Assisted Living

About Big MuddyWest Assisted Living

Big MuddyWest Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Murphysboro, Illinois that offers residents Assisted Living and Assisted Living. Contact Big MuddyWest Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Big MuddyWest Assisted Living