Assisted Living Facilities in Benton, IL
Also serving communities of Mc Leansboro.
The average cost of assisted living in Benton is $2,900 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Benton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Benton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Benton, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Benton, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Benton
Benton, tucked between cornfields in rural Illinois, is a small community with a lot to offer it’s 1,510 senior residents. Seniors can laze away the day at Rend Lake or stop by the Square to watch parades, carnivals and the occasional car show. There are two assisted living facilities located in Benton for seniors who may require assistance with daily living activities.
Assisted living establishments, shared housing establishments, sheltered care facilities and supportive living facilities in Benton, and in all of Illinois, are governed by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Benton
- The state of Illinois does not tax public or private pensions, which may help Benton seniors on pensions have more money left over after taxes to put toward their monthly budgets.
Pace Dial-A-Ride provides transportation to area residents, with rides to medical appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Regular rides must be booked 24 hours in advance, and medical appointment trips must be booked seven days in advance. Seniors 65 and older, or younger if disabled, may also receive half-price taxi rides in the city.
- Seniors who don't want to be constantly looking over their shoulders may appreciate Benton’s low crime rates. Benton has a violent crime rate of 14.2 and a property crime rate of 27.2, both significantly lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- The Benton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Franklin Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Benton is 75.7, almost 25 points lower than the national average of 100, driven primarily by housing costs in the area. Seniors can expect to pay more for groceries and healthcare expenses in the city. Housing is much lower at 32, which might make the area affordable for family members wanting to move to the city to be closer to their loved one in care.
- Summers in Benton are hot and muggy with highs of 88. Winters in the city are cool with lows rarely dropping below 23 degrees in January, which might interest seniors who prefer milder winter temperatures. On average, Benton gets 210 sunny days each year, five more than the national average of 205, which is sure to please seniors who enjoy spending their time outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Benton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Benton start around $2,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Benton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Benton
Illinois’ Medicaid waiver, the HCBS Waiver for Supportive Living, may help Benton seniors with low-incomes who can’t afford assisted living expenses on their own. Seniors must meet financial and asset criteria to qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Benton
Benton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Benton, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Benton
Benton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Benton
Review of Fifth Season of Benton
My aunt moved into the Fifth Season of Benton. The staff was very nice and informative. The room was exceptionally clean and nice. It was the perfect size. There were just the right number of resid... Read more
Review of Fifth Season of Benton
We toured the Fifth Season of Benton for my parents. My mother liked that all the residents appeared to be happy, and she liked the size of the apartment. We liked the whole place, and it was all n... Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Benton
Heritage Woods of Benton is wonderful, and I love it. The staff is very friendly and supportive, and the food is excellent. My room here is very good and everything is great. I think it's wonderful... Read more