Westminster Place Evanston, IL

Assisted Living Reviews for Westminster Place

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Westminster Place

August 10, 2015

By Laurence2

We looked at the Presbyterian Homes Westminster Place. There was a hospital on the grounds, which was nice. The staff was very professional. They were very friendly, and they showed us the whole place. They had little cottages. They had a bus that took residents to different places.

January 31, 2014

By jazimama

Westminster Place is an excellent place. It's perfect for people like if they need more care, they can advance there. It's a very well-thought organization. The only problem is it's very expensive, so it's ideal if you have the money. The rooms were very clean and very neat. The staff was very professional. We were at the dining room right before lunch and it seemed like the staff was very helpful to the residents. If your parents are living alone and you wanted to have no worries, this facility would take care of everything for you. However, it's a la carte. You have to pay for every service that you need. I think ideally it's the best place I've seen.

September 23, 2013

By Charlts

I am living in Westminster and I am very happy here. I have two rooms, one room where I watch television and the one where I sleep. I also have a kitchenette. We've get movies two or three times a week. We've got discussion groups. There is large pool and a big an athletic center because there are a lot of bicycles and rowing machines and there are numbers of people who use it. There is also a warm water pool where you can exercise in it. The food is very generous and good. In fact one has to watch carefully so as not to over eat. They also have a place here for people who lost their memory and they are well cared for.

July 11, 2011

By commercesd

We were in the Evanston area, so decided to drop in on the Westminster Place retirement community to see about finding a place for our aunt. As assisted living facilities go, this one truly is lovely. They were able to let us take a tour easily without a reservation, which we really liked. We decided to visit facilities without reservations to get a truer picture of how they operate. The circular driveway resembles ones you see at stately residences throughout the area. The entire estate is surrounded by extraordinary lush greenery that is obviously well-tended. All of the communal areas are bright and cheery. The library was particularly charming,with plenty of easy chairs and ample tables. They also have Internet hookups for those who are interested. The kitchen areas look like those we've seen in upscale homes, fully equipped with the latest appliances. Snacks are readily available at all times throughout the facility in nearby kitchenettes. Health and wellness is a hallmark of the facility, with nurse practitioners always available. The staff is well-appointed and also always nearby. Residents have access to the grounds on an unlimited basis, but staff is always attentive. We liked the holistic and spiritual approach to health that exists there; residents are encouraged to exercise and move around frequently. The many activities offered make it easy for them to do this. Our aunt is very health conscious, so she really appreciates this as well. We saw varying degrees of assistance provided to residents. For example, while some were on walkers, others were fully ambulatory. It was clear that there were plenty of staff around to supervise and handle any need that a resident may require. By the looks of things, we expected that the food would be above-par, and it was. Interesting and healthy choices are available for all of the residents. Lots of fresh veggies and fruits are included in all of the gourmet-like dishes presented. We could see that anyone who stayed at this facility would be quite content, including our aunt. This is most definitely, a very well-thought out and established retirement community.

May 04, 2011

By robingjoy

Friend or relative of resident

I'm very happy my mom is moving into Westminster Place. It's a beautiful, large property that's kept up extremely well. The people living there are very nice and there seems to be a real sense of community. Before moving in, everything was freshly painted and carpeted based on my mom's preferences. A move consultant helps develop a floor plan and coordinate some of the moving details. It's expensive, but as long as my mom's happy, safe and comfortable, it's worth it.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Condos Townhomes
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

About Westminster Place

Westminster Place is one of the most highly regarded retirement communities on the North Shore. The beautiful campus located in west Evanston, inviting senior living residences, extraordinary opportunities for wellness and personal growth, and world-class assisted living and short- and long-term nursing care all contribute to our reputation. The welcoming warmth that prevails here comes from both the beautiful campus and the vibrant people who call this retirement community home.

Founded in 1904, Presbyterian Homes is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization with a national reputation for creating extraordinary communities for older adults. Presbyterian Homes serves older adults through its residential and healthcare programs within Evanston, Illinois. The organization is accredited by the CARF/CCAC, the nation's only accrediting body for retirement communities.

Map of Westminster Place