Emerald Place - Glenview, IL

Reviews of Emerald Place - Glenview, IL

Memory Care Reviews for Emerald Place - Glenview, IL

June 11, 2018

By Cat Burrell

It’s all about family- Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s is challenging to say the least and having family to support you is the most important aspect of this process. One of the toughest decisions that you will make as a care provider is to transition your loved one out of the home and in to a full-time facility. There are many choices out there and the horror stories are plenty. Completing research is exhausting, both physically and mentally, and the fear of your loved one’s neglect is generally your highest concern (no one can ever love and care for them as much as you). In my opinion and from the bottom of my heart, I believe that The Emerald Place is the best choice for Alzheimer’s care in the Chicago area. I’m living it. I spent nearly 6 months researching facilities across the Chicagoland area, landing initially on in-home care and eventually moving to a full-time facility ONLY because my dad was required as a hospital admit. My first-choice option for a facility was not open at the time as it was still under construction. We enrolled my dad at the second choice and it was not the right fit. We ultimately disenrolled my dad and brought him back home until our first-choice option, The Emerald Place, opened. My research was spot on! At the Emerald Place- it’s family. Not only does your family member get support but you become a part of an expanded family who welcomes you in to a community of love, compassion, and care where the needs of the disease are met and exceeded. It is where you can immerse yourself in education about how to receive and provide the best care not only for your loved one but for yourself as well. It is where you can sing and dance, hug and cry, share stories, and relax. It is where you don’t have to worry about the details and stress of what is happening to your loved one because the people here love them just as much as your family. It is where you can find peace. The family-focused activities, group events, and holistic approach to care are what sets The Emerald Place apart. My dad has been at The Emerald Place since it opened nearly 8 months ago. When he first arrived in the care community, he was a direct hospital admit, meaning he rode from the ambulance to the facility as his health was such that he could no longer remain with in-home care. Today, he is one of the most active, exuberant, and lively individuals there. He walks, dances, sings, and participates in the daily events that the incredible team of care providers offers. While the disease causes a decline in dad’s traditional definition of health, dad’s spirit improves. I attribute this to the approach, team, environment, services, and sense of family that exists at The Emerald Place. My dad isn’t the only one who has displayed improvements in the past 8 months. Both my mother and I have also seen a tremendous reduction of stress and return of happiness and faith that each moment of dad’s life is comfortable. This is directly tied to the holistic approach of The Emerald Place, where the belief is that Alzheimer’s affects everyone and that the family is cared for through a focus on group social events, blended activities, educational events, and a genuine care and concern for the family. You will not find care providers, nurses, volunteers, administrative team members, and environmental services and food services staff who every single moment of the day genuinely love and care for your family member and you anywhere else in the Chicagoland area. A single individual cannot care for someone who suffers from Alzheimer’s- it takes a family, and this is what you will find at The Emerald Place.

May 31, 2018

By Peggy T.

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease about seven years ago, and up until November of 2017, he was able to stay at home, with some occasional help from caregivers. At that time, it was necessary to look close to home for a facility that offered only memory care. My specific requirements were that the place had to be clean, the staff had to be trained to engage residents other than a few words now and then, and the accommodations had to be pleasant. Emerald Place opened in December of 2017, and they offered a brand new facility, a young-thinking paradigm toward memory care, a fabulous engagement piece, and the accommodations were wonderful. My husband was one of the first five residents at the facility. His sociable nature was and the Emerald Place made a perfect fit for him. As with any new facility, as the resident population grew, the staff grew, and I never went to sleep worrying about the safety of my husband. Today, the staff and resident population is still growing, and the care is excellent. The Director, the Community Relations Manager, the nurses, the caregivers, the custodial staff, the engagement folks, and the kitchen staff are attuned to the needs of all of the residents, their families, and to the interactions among the residents and their families. It is a bright and happy home for my husband. He enjoys his new-found friends, and so do I.

March 20, 2018

By Jennifer

Emerald Place has been a wonderful choice for our mother. Emerald Place is clean. Caregivers are fantastic and compassionate. The staff is dedicated to making Emerald Place the best it can be.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: License Pending

• Get Costs

About Emerald Place - Glenview, IL

Emerald Place is a sparkling new 80-bed Anthem Memory Care community in the beautiful North Shore community of Glenview.

At Emerald Place we have set the quality bar high, starting with architecture designed to exclusively serve residents with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. The attractive, two-story, brick, colonial-style campus is less than a mile from Glen Town Center, a premier local entertainment complex. The close proximity will provide opportunities for residents to interact with the bustling world around them through our scheduled outings as well as those spontaneous lunches you may want to have with your loved one.

Amenities

As an Anthem Memory Care community, we provide a comprehensive set of amenities in areas of wellness, health, and safety. They are designed to work together holistically to provide for your loved one’s every need.

Wellness

• Highly-Trained Staff
    • Secure Community Environment
    • State-of-the-Art Monitoring System

Technology in Service of Care

We believe in using technology, not as a replacement to care but to augment and enhance the experience of your loved one. That is why we use the highly innovative It’s Never 2 Late™ (iN2L) interactive programs, that allow residents, regardless of ability level, to use special online programs for recreation, learning, mental stimulation, and even to communicate with their loved ones. We realize some of our residents are unable to use traditional assistance call systems. We have installed unobtrusive digital technology in our communities in order to monitor the safety of our residents 24/7.

Our Pledge for the Best In Memory Care

PROTECT, ENGAGE & LOVE

When a loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia, it’s hard to know where to turn and who to trust. Of course, you want them to receive the very best in treatment and care. But you also want them to be treated as an adult with a unique story, someone with personal preferences, abilities, and dignity. That is why we make this pledge to you:

• We will answer all of your questions honestly and completely.
    • We will seek to discover all that is unique and special about your loved one, including their lifetime story and family experiences.
    • We will provide a purpose-filled environment for your loved one that is person-centered to fit their special needs, goals, and abilities.
    • We will provide your loved one with highly trained professionals with a passion for serving.

Thank you for your interest in Emerald Place Memory Care. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Emerald Place - Glenview, IL