Dobson Plaza

Reviews of Dobson Plaza

Nursing Home Reviews for Dobson Plaza

July 11, 2011

By commercesd

We happened to be in Evanston and decided to visit the Dobson Plaza Nursing Home as it was conveniently located for our family. Our mother is no longer able to live on her own, and no one in the family has the ability to provide full time care. She is in early stages of dementia, so we needed to find a place that could accommodate that. As it is on the north shore, it is easy to access the lake and surrounding areas. We liked the atmosphere immediately. Everyone seemed very happy and content. Our mother liked the garden in the surrounding space, and the fact that you can see it easily from inside. She used to tend her garden frequently, so the presence of fresh flowers, which were throughout, is important to her. The staff even said that she could work with the gardener on occasion, if she wanted to. The combination style of care allows for security, while at the same time offering a comfortable living condition for all of the residents. Each room is equipped with an easy to operate emergency system, also in the bath and bedrooms of the larger units. We really liked that feature. The community areas offered many activities and there is an on-site library. The lunch we sampled was really delicious and nutritiously prepared. They can accommodate any dietary need that any resident may have. The dining area may also be reserved for private parties. The snacks are offered continuously and include healthy, nutritious and delicious options for any diet, as designed by their in-house registered dietitian. We could see how attentive the staff was to the residents, checking on them regularly, but not being intrusive. Our mother is very independent, so we know that would work well for her. The various social and cultural events include many educational outings. As our mother was a teacher, this is an important feature for her. She really likes to participate in stimulating activities. We are definitely putting this facility at the top of our list.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

My friend's grandmother has been a resident here for a couple of years. I, along with my friend, paid her a visit one weekend. As soon I entered the facility, the staff greeted me with kindness. I had packed lunch for all of us and asked one of the staff members if I could bring it in. They kindly told me it was absolutely fine and joked about wanting some. We went into the room and noticed her room was very clean and surprisingly smelled pretty fresh. Every now and then, a nurse would come in and ask if everything was okay. The staff seemed very attentive and friendly. That is always a good thing. Nice people bring good energy.

Services and Amenities of Dobson Plaza

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Dobson Plaza

Winners Of The Coveted Quality Care Award By The State Of Illinois

DOBSON PLAZA

offers a combination of care, comfort and security in a family like atmosphere. In a convenient North shore location. An intimate nursing and rehabilitation center offering individualized care.

Map of Dobson Plaza