Dobson Plaza

Reviews of Dobson Plaza

Nursing Home Reviews for Dobson Plaza

September 11, 2013

By Sharon Kater

When my mother was in need of skilled nursing care is I was very pleased to have found Dobson plaza. The facility is homey and the staff are very committed to take very good care of the residents. I felt my mother was in very good hands and the staff did a terrific job of communicating with my family.

January 17, 2012

By momtoo

Although this facility's man street location makes it appear less inviting, the staff more than makes up for this. The physical therapy and nursing staff was dedicated and gave me daily detailed information on my mother's progress. The therapists suggested several items that would make it easier for my 90 year old mother to look after herself when she returned home and told me where I could find them and how much they should cost. By the third day of my mother's stay the director knew her life history (and my mother is not a chatty person) and had very good insight into her personality. She took the time to talk with her and get to know her. I felt that all the staff truly cared about all the residents.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

This is a relatively small nursing home located off the beaten path in a mostly residential area of Evanston. It is an older building with space limitations, but owners have worked hard to maximize what is available to meet the needs of residents and families. There is not much outdoor space but there is room enough to sit outside. The common areas, while not large are very well maintained and are tastefully and thoughtfully decorated to provide a warm atmosphere and home-like feel. The homey feeling is hard to catch onto sometimes due to the age of the building, but staff and families have done a nice job of adding the warm touches. Rooms are of average size though there is enough space to bring in a few personal items. Some rooms may appear a bit dark due to location within the building. The food here is reportedly above average based on numerous family and resident reports, with the occasional less than good meal. Staff tenure tends to be above average with many longer-term staff who are deeply committed to resident care and the wellbeing of the overall facility. Activities programming is robust and appropriate. There are most often plenty enough staff to meet resident needs. All staff are typically kind, compassionate, professional and appropriate in the care they provide. As a smaller facility, staff are able to be rotated around less often and thus are more able to get to know the residents and families personally.

July 11, 2011

By commercesd

We happened to be in Evanston and decided to visit the Dobson Plaza Nursing Home as it was conveniently located for our family. Our mother is no longer able to live on her own, and no one in the family has the ability to provide full time care. She is in early stages of dementia, so we needed to find a place that could accommodate that. As it is on the north shore, it is easy to access the lake and surrounding areas. We liked the atmosphere immediately. Everyone seemed very happy and content. Our mother liked the garden in the surrounding space, and the fact that you can see it easily from inside. She used to tend her garden frequently, so the presence of fresh flowers, which were throughout, is important to her. The staff even said that she could work with the gardener on occasion, if she wanted to. The combination style of care allows for security, while at the same time offering a comfortable living condition for all of the residents. Each room is equipped with an easy to operate emergency system, also in the bath and bedrooms of the larger units. We really liked that feature. The community areas offered many activities and there is an on-site library. The lunch we sampled was really delicious and nutritiously prepared. They can accommodate any dietary need that any resident may have. The dining area may also be reserved for private parties. The snacks are offered continuously and include healthy, nutritious and delicious options for any diet, as designed by their in-house registered dietitian. We could see how attentive the staff was to the residents, checking on them regularly, but not being intrusive. Our mother is very independent, so we know that would work well for her. The various social and cultural events include many educational outings. As our mother was a teacher, this is an important feature for her. She really likes to participate in stimulating activities. We are definitely putting this facility at the top of our list.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

My friend's grandmother has been a resident here for a couple of years. I, along with my friend, paid her a visit one weekend. As soon I entered the facility, the staff greeted me with kindness. I had packed lunch for all of us and asked one of the staff members if I could bring it in. They kindly told me it was absolutely fine and joked about wanting some. We went into the room and noticed her room was very clean and surprisingly smelled pretty fresh. Every now and then, a nurse would come in and ask if everything was okay. The staff seemed very attentive and friendly. That is always a good thing. Nice people bring good energy.

About Dobson Plaza

Winners Of The Coveted Quality Care Award By The State Of Illinois

DOBSON PLAZA

offers a combination of care, comfort and security in a family like atmosphere. In a convenient North shore location. An intimate nursing and rehabilitation center offering individualized care.

Map of Dobson Plaza