Lee Manor

Reviews of Lee Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Lee Manor

February 16, 2012

By JJ Rusch

Visiting nursing homes was something I did growing up my family always had relatives living in them. Thinking back then and now, not much has changed. Between that experience and touring other facilities prior to choosing Lee Manor, I see the biggest difference as a feeling of intimacy. And by intimacy' I mean, the facility doesn't have a sterile feeling to it nor that cookie cutter coldness you get with corporate ownership. Lee Manor is privately held and I believe that is one of the reasons it is better than other facilities in its category. Price wise, they are extremely competitive and their private pay requirements are far less stringent than other homes. I would give the staff four out of five stars; they are well trained and cordial on the whole. I am an adult (only) child with two parents living in the same nursing home facility; they live on the same floor, but in separate rooms. Needless to say, this is a difficult situation at best. What has made it easier to deal with is Lee Manor.

February 03, 2012

By Caring201973

I am pretty luke warm about this nursing home. I thought the staff were nice and helpful and seemed to care about the patients. The facility itself is rather typical of nursing homes in general. The hallways are long, most of the units have two beds in them. I was visiting on the dementia unit and what particularly stood out that day was the Noise! They were fixing something in the hall and the sound of the drill was driving me crazy. Nevertheless, the residents seemed relaxed, a few were chatting outside the activity room and there was a nice rapor between patients and staff. The activity room was nothing special, although the windows are large and there is a lot of light. In general the facility seemed clean but like most nursing homes the residents' grooming was not great -- especially their teeth. But as I said this is pretty typical for nursing homes in general. The patient mix was diverse and there is ample parking in the back with a back entrance to get into the facility. All in all, this is a pretty average facility, nothing special, but not terrible either.

January 20, 2012

By JuldeNile

The facility is understaffed and lacking inventory. The storage closets are almost empty most of the time of towels, sheets, blankets, urinals. Plumbing is horrendous: sink pipes were leaking steady streams of water in some rooms and shower rooms and maintenance allowed it to continue for months. RESIDENT ADVOCACY is definitely necessary here. Verbal abuse and neglect occurred while my father was a resident there. Mimimum-wage health care workers are untrained at working in a stressful environment and lack coping skills. There are a few quality health care workers employed there. Staff removed in a timely manner an employee found to be verbally abusing my father. Resident rooms are clean, although the bathrooms need more attention. Pros: Clean smell, no odor of urine, pleasant decor in general. Rehabilitation rooms are classy and decorated in an old world appeal: rich browns, mahogany furniture, burgundy and hunter greens.

December 07, 2011

By Jessica3

Lee Manor is a very nice looking facility. The building and grounds are fairly well maintained. The rooms are kept pretty clean, and residents are able to make them up to look even more homey if they desire. There are no odor or cleanliness issues that I found while touring the facility. The staff is mostly friendly and are on top of their jobs; however, they could use more staff to better attend to all of the residents during mealtimes and for washing up. Many times, residents would appear to be in need, but there was no one to assist them at the moment. There are a lot of fun activities planned for the residents, and they are based on the abilities and interests of seniors and those recovering from illness. There are arts and crafts, games, movies, and more. Overall, this is an okay nursing home, and the residents seemed to be well taken care of. The big downside is that it seems understaffed at times. Otherwise, I have no real complaints.

About Lee Manor

Lee Manor is a senior living provider in Des Plaines, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Lee Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lee Manor