Alden Estates of Barrington

Reviews of Alden Estates of Barrington

Nursing Home Reviews for Alden Estates of Barrington

December 28, 2014

By Karen103495550

Alden Estates was a wonderful and very caring facility. I was there because I had a hip replacement, and the staff was incredible. They were efficient and very helpful, and the physical therapy was incredible. I had a really good experience. The rooms were big; my father had a private room and had his own bathrooms. It was a very nice facility; I would recommend it to anybody. The food was incredible, and the food choices and the menus were wonderful.

July 27, 2012

By hollgarth

My family decided to move my uncle into ALDEN ESTATES OF BARRINGTON when he got older and needed help with the day to day of life. Our first visit to him there was last year and I could remember my son playing in the halls with his cousins and the staff being so friendly the kids. The residents loved to see the children at play. My visits have continued since then and I have started to pay more attention to levels of care and I must say I was quite pleased with how my uncle has been treated. The level of care they provided is top notch and I am glad my Uncle could spend the twilight of his life being well looked after. I will say that the janitors doe a great job. My Uncles room has always been clean and fresh. I would pick up the calendar and newsletter to read through and it always seemed like there was something to. I think my uncle has been able to meet a few new people as well. I'm happy to stay for a meal with Uncle Jim since I thought the food is pretty good. Every time I see someone who works there they seemed happy and were very helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone who is considering assisted living for a loved one.

June 22, 2012

By jokmiller

My mother was in the same facility back in 2006 when she first began her end of life decline. At the time the facility was being renovated. When we were given a list of facilities to choose from for my spouse, I quickly chose Alden. The name had changed from the prior time, but I knew where the facility was and it would be easy for out of town friends and relatives to find it. The staff was great. They all went out of their way to assist my husband and I with everything. They encouraged him to push himself to do things. Without the staff's encouragement, he would have just sat on the bed and watched TV all day. The facility was very clean. I spent a lot of time there and the place never had that "old people" smell to it. The grounds were beatutiful. As the weather got warmer the staff encouraged my husband to go outside more. They encouraged him to be part of life not just watch it pass him by. Our grandchildren enjoyed coming so that they could go with "Papa" to the ice cream shop that was down the hall from his room. Outside the ice cream shop was a large bird cage. Even I could stand there half the afternoon and watch the birds. All lf the staff was friendly and outgoing. They tended to the needs of the residence as quickly and respectfully as possible. The place was vastly improved over the facility that my mother stayed at. And I thought it was good back then.

About Alden Estates of Barrington

Alden Estates of Barrington is a senior living provider in Barrington, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Alden Estates of Barrington for more details on services and rates.

Map of Alden Estates of Barrington