Sunrise at Buckhead

Reviews of Sunrise at Buckhead

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at Buckhead

October 02, 2019

By Mary

Sunrise at Buckhead is not perfect, but it's pretty close to it. It's very nice. Everybody in the family loves it, and my father absolutely loves it. His studio is small, but it's perfect for him. They have lots of activities. The dining area is great, and the food is pretty good. The staff is great, too.

July 27, 2016

By Zafer

Sunrise at Buckhead was durable and nice. They tried to approve me, but my brother is not really conscious enough to their standards. The rooms are nice but small. They do their best. I'd give them a 3. They were clean, neat, and good enough. I saw a receptionist and group counseling trainings in the reception area.

June 08, 2016

By Linda552880

My dad is in Sunrise. It is very open and inviting. I really like the whole staff. So far, I am loving it. The facility location is awesome with beautiful grounds. I have nothing but good things to say about the layout. Even during meals, they have a choice, and he loves the food. They do not just eat spaghetti. I have lunch there, and I say the dining area is classy. I will want them to play more games.

February 19, 2015

By Kerry7

Everything seemed fine, and I did not come across any problems with Sunrise at Buckhead. The staffs were fine. They were very attentive, and they seemed knowledgeable. The rooms are about what I would expect it to be. They are big enough but not too big. As you get into senior living, you don't want something too big anyway. You are not going to use all the space. They have the outdoor patio and the indoor patio. I had no problem looking at the menu and the dining area. All of that seemed fine. I like the setup of this facility. The location is good, and it seems fairly secured. They have plenty of activities. Besides the independent living, they also have the assisted living and the memory care living too.

December 05, 2014

I visited Sunrise. They have a very nice facility. They had a lot of activities. They have an activity person that comes specifically to do physical fitness with them and dancing. They also have a reader, a machine for people whose sight is not really great. You can put your books on that, and it makes writing larger. They had a nice dining room too. The food was very good. The rooms were very nice; they were larger. However, it’s more expensive than the other one. It wasn’t integrated, so I didn’t choose it. This could have been my second choice.

August 19, 2014

By NicoleC

I couldn't be happier with the care my Mom receives at Sunrise. She has A LOT of needs and can be a challenge, but their staff (especially the head nurses) is patient and kind. The rooms are smaller than some other places but I feel that encourages her to leave her room and take part in activities and to socialize. She's is doing very well since she moved in 4 months ago and both of us couldn't be happier.

January 30, 2014

By Mia9

Sunrise at Buckhead was in a great location because it was close to a hospital. However, they did not have the full level of care that I needed for my parents. When I toured the facility, I did not like the rooms at all. The rooms were very long and had a very dull environment. There was nothing much you could do to spruce it up or arrange furniture in different ways. It was a studio apartment and I did not want to put my parents in a studio. It would be nice if the could make it more homey. They had to make it comfortable for the residents that they would not feel abandoned by their families, but it should remind them of home. All the apartments I saw were dark and drab, no light came through, and had one window each. It did not meet my needs but it did not mean that it wouldn't be a great place for someone else.

June 12, 2013

By Cathy20

I was impressed with Sunrise at Buckhead. They will assign a specific caregiver to you everyday and you will have access to that particular caregiver. It was clean and very nice facility, very beautiful aside. The staff seemed very friendly.

May 14, 2013

By Wendy8

I visited Sunrise at Buckhead. The facility is clean and I think it is $3500 a month. The facility is clean. I give them five stars ranking based on what I saw.

July 24, 2012

By CarrotEater

Indoors, the facility is fairly well kept. Out doors there are some issues of noise pollution as it is very close to a major road. In addition to this, there have been instances of wasp infestations in areas where residents are meant to relax. The staff members are friendly, but some of them seem a little inexperience for the position. Overall, it seems like an adequate community, but there are not doubt better ones out there.

October 24, 2011

By ALison1

Its more on the expensive side but its all worth it. Not only is the building beautiful inside and out. But the staff make you feel so welcomed and are so caring. From helping you with the simplest task like putting on jewelry to doing the hardest thing like changing soil pants.

August 30, 2011

By Carol M.1

This facility is really very beautiful and my aunt loves it here. She has been living here for over 3 months and says that she feels like she has found a group of new friends by getting involved with the activities. I'm able to visit her a lot, her room is very big and decorated in a way that my aunt just loves. Something special that she loves is that there is a dog on the floor that she just adores, and I think things like that are wonderful for the pet lovers in us.

August 13, 2011

By brianna2011

employees were very nice and helpful.every time i asked a question they were very informative. many of the seniors suffered with memory loss. i observed the staff being very patient and friendly with them. they had many activities some residents, watched TV, did some indoor planting and boardgames.

July 12, 2011

By LiefEffulgent

Sunrise was very helpful with my grandmother. They took her in and made her room look just like home for her. They help her out with daily routines and make sure that she gets the medical attention she deserves. On several occasions, she would not want to leave her bed, however, they encouraged her to and to interact with the other residents of Sunrise. She would do so, sometimes begrudgingly. Sunrise encourages the residents to not feel like this is a hospice, but a community where they can meet new people, interact and still have the vitality they had before, and still be independent.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise at Buckhead