Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

Reviews of Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

Assisted Living Reviews for Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

January 12, 2015

By Adult child of seniors

My parent has lived at Bickford for 2 years. I had help identifying a small facility with reasonable prices, close to hospitals, and outstanding CNA's. The new 2014 Director has done an excellent job of tightening up policies, procedures, and staffing. As with all facilities, there is turnover in chefs, activities directors, and nurses. But there have been many staff there the entire 2 years. They have worked with us through hospitalizations, falls, mediation changes, etc. And the small size if the facility allows for every staff member to know not only our parent but us adult children as well. There are several activities a day, both for the assisted living residents and the Alzheimer's unit residents. The only limitation is limited outdoor walking areas, but the rooms are spacious, food is good, birthdays and holidays are celebrated, and we feel our parent is safe and content. I looked at many places, and this one feels most like "home and family".

January 30, 2014

By Mia9

I chose Bickford of Buckhead for my parents because the facility had a full range of care that they needed. The location was optimal for them for getting to their doctors. And when we selected the facility, they had a special which was financially attractive. The care they received was fantastic. They had fewer residents even when they were on full occupancy. My parents lived in several facilities but they loved the care here by far. They were very complimentary about the food which was surprising. However, they had a lot of staff turnover since my parents moved in and so there were a lot of changes in leadership. One of the things that I struggled with was when my father was discharged from the hospital and had been sent back via ambulannce to the facility. The woman who was in the acting-lead nursing position had refused to allow him to come back because they have not done an assessment and have not been alerted about his return. When I spoke with her, I said if I would have known about the assessment, I would have made sure it was done. That was also the day my father was put in hospice and would get an assessment by the hospice that night once he got home. And she turned him away to go back to the hospital where there was no bed for him. It was a complete fiasco and by the time I got there, she had left for the day and gone home. I raised this to the new director since they tried to enforce something which they had not communicated. It was not documented in any of the policies or rules. There was no flexibility. And also, I did not consistently get phone calls if one of my parents had an issue. But overall, except for the communication issue, it had been a great place for them.

February 20, 2009

By Kim-1

Family friend/relative

Edenbrook of Buckhead is top notch for the money. My mother is currently there in the alzheimer's unit. She has a large area to freely walk around that looks like a home, plenty of caregivers to engage her, very delicious food, has manicures, her hair done, lotion rub downs at night -- she doesn't want to leave when we try to take her out for an outing because she doesn't want to leave her friends. I strongly recommend this facility, especially if your loved one has dementia. They are about as good as I could imagine for the money -- this is dementia assisted living at its best.

Memory Care Reviews for Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

Costs for Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

Photos of Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

Services and Amenities of Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• Get Costs

About Alto Senior Living of Buckhead

With over 45 years of experience in ownership, operations, development and property management, Allegro is a well-respected leader in the senior living industry. We take pride in our reputation, driven by our core values of honesty, compassion and excellence

Map of Alto Senior Living of Buckhead