Heartland of Zephyrhills

Reviews of Heartland of Zephyrhills

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland of Zephyrhills

August 12, 2013

By Mary Gray

My husband has been in long-term care at Heartland almost two years. I have been so grateful for the office personnel and medical staff. From the beginning they took time to explain everything, and help with any resources I needed. The CNA's are excellent and care personally about the patients. One example that happened recently: my husband's roommate was in the last moments of life, and as his breathing slowed, a CNA came and sat with him, asked if she could pray with him, and sing for him. It was early in the morning, and no family members were able to get there yet. It left quite an impression on my husband, and I shared the incident with the man's wife. She broke down in tears, and said how grateful she was to everyone. Even the cleaning personnel take time to talk with patients and will get help for them if needed. Nursing staff is excellent also. Once-in-a-while a substitute nurse is on the floor, and they aren't always as friendly, however, they are taking care of medicine distributions etc. and have little time to get to know the patients as individuals, unless they are filling in for a longer time and get the routines down. I can't fault them, since they are excellent nurses from what I can tell, and their first priority is to correctly distribute medicines etc. They will all take a moment for a family member that has specific questions. I always heard horror stories about specific nursing homes over the years (my sister even worked at one as a RN and she even told me some of the home's problems where she worked). I know God prepared the way for an opening at Heartland on the day we needed it and from the beginning I have been blessed with the care and understanding everyone there seems to have. From the receptionist to the head personnel, I'm always greeted with a smile, and have been surprised that most of the staff know my name, and the patients names. They go the extra mile. They have a wonderful activities director, and staff, who always are looking for ways to reach out to the patients and include them in the different activities. For patients who are unable to do much to be involved they take the time to talk one-on-one with patients, trying to find activities they might be able to involve themselves. From what I've observed the meals are tasty and varied. Obviously, not all patients eat all the food due to physical limitations, but those that need personal care and feeding are taken care of with patience and love. There is a nice courtyard (fenced in) with open and covered areas. Those who enjoy the outside are outside at every opportunity they have. Heartland also has a rehab section, and I have heard good things about that area of the home also. Overall, I have been very impressed with Heartland Nursing Home and would give them an excellent rating.

August 11, 2013

By Angel9

My mother is at Heartland nursing home and she has been there for six years. It is a clean facility. Everybody was very cordial. They are attentive and helpful. The rooms are too small. The food smells good and its fine. They got two dining rooms.

Services and Amenities of Heartland of Zephyrhills

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2019

About Heartland of Zephyrhills

Heartland of Zephyrhills is a senior living provider in Zephyrhills, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland of Zephyrhills for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland of Zephyrhills