Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

June 06, 2015

By Sharon107658350

My mom has been there for two months. It is good. They are super friendly and very caring. They do much of everything I expect them to be doing. They are very responsible. She has a studio, and it is good. The space is actually perfect for her. I don't think their activities are as good as some other places. There are two other places I visited that have a greater range of activities. But there are things going on every day. They have a hair salon, and the dining room is really good. It is very pleasant, and my mom likes the food.

May 24, 2015

It was an older facility, but the concept of their rooms was very different which I really liked. It was a very big facility. I think they had 3 floors. They had like 4 bedrooms -- two on each side -- and there was a common living room area in the middle. There was a little kitchen with a refrigerator that everybody could use. It could encourage residents to come out of their rooms without walking very far to have a living room atmosphere that four of them could share. I thought it was very unique. I was very impressed with it.

April 24, 2015

By Royston

The environment was very good. I was very impressed with it. The one-bedroom suits my condition right now. The dining area was excellent. The staff were very supportive and were very good.

November 21, 2014

It was very bright. It’s like a hotel arrangement. The dining room was in a large lobby. I thought it was more modern, up to date, and clean. Because of the location, the grounds were a little bit on the limited side as far as getting out and around, but overall, I was impressed by it. The apartments they showed me and the overall atmosphere were very pleasant. I thought the only downside there was the apartments had a common living area so all of the actual rooms were off of that common area; it wasn’t like it was your personal area. The studio apartments were separate, but there was no kitchenette, and the grounds were fine.

April 11, 2014

By James78484850

My parents are staying here. It was middle of the road, not brand new, but it’s fairly large. It has a large staff and a good location. The staff provided extra furniture that we needed during the move-in phase, and they were very attentive, very friendly, and helpful.

January 31, 2014

My visit was very pleasant. The tour went great and the staff was able to give me information. It was very helpful. I love their rooms. It was fantastic and I love it. I would move there myself. Their dining room is very clean. The residents were fully engaged and enjoyed what they are eating. I saw a card game where the ladies are playing cards. I also saw somebody playing the piano which I thought is very entertaining.

December 29, 2013

My stepson and I visited. We like the layout of the place. We also liked that they have activities and things to keep them busy, occupied, and happy. They also have these different rooms where you can have sewing or whatever you want to do.

October 18, 2013

By Ann31

It was one of the places we visited. We thought it was a wonderful place and we liked it. It's very clean and the staff knew what they were doing. Everything went very smooth there. I was impressed. Everybody seemed to know their purpose for being there. It seemed a friendly place.

October 11, 2013

It was really good. I enjoyed the activities they offered the residents. The staff were nice. The food options were really good, I liked how they gave more options than a standard everyday schedule of food. The rooms were really nice and spacious. I would recommend this facility.

September 26, 2013

By Ralph6

It was my mother's choice to go here and they are taking very good care of her. She has a very large studio and we set it up to look like a one bedroom apartment. It was painted and new rug was put in before she arrived so that was nice. She also has a balcony with two chairs outside and a table.

August 09, 2013

By Otilia1

The staff was very friendly, informative and very helpful. The facility was clean and modern. There were some residents that were active and some were not.

June 29, 2013

By Kathy39

The location was one of the reasons by I liked it because I want my mom close to my home. The the staff is good and pleasant. The atmosphere was very clean and the room and the dining room were beautiful. It was nice and like a resort. The other people who lived there seemed contented.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a vibrant group of active seniors. The average age is 71 and we enjoy music & dancing & happy hours & socializing & outings to the beach and restaurants nearby.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a multitude of programs that delight the masses. From intellectually stimulating to the silly, our comprehensive activities program encompasses it all. Church services, concerts, magicians, current events, movie nights.....you name it, we've got it. B-fit exercise program, Optimum Life menu items, Resident Council, planned excursions to live theatre performances, Veteran’s Group

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Local restaurants, movie theatres, Senior Center, Jewish Senior Center, Bill Kling VA Clinic, city parks. Located in a predominantly residential area, we also have great restaurants nearby.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to assisted living residents?

We have a comfortable and reliable van that provides transportation to and from physician offices, post office, financial institutions, as well as scenic drives and rides to the beach, activities nightlife and restaurants nearby. We include transportation within a 10-mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents enjoy an array of fresh foods, made with attention to flavorful detail. We really enjoy our dining experience here. The residents all love the way our chefs cook the fish. We offer 3 options for every meal (lunch and dinner) and we have an “always available.” We offer a complimentary meal with tour, stop by and stay for lunch!

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to assisted living residents?

Safety is of great importance to us. From ensuring our grounds are well kept and stumble free, our main areas are kept free of clutter and in good repair. Life alert pendants are available. We also offer a secure environment for those prone to wandering.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is key! We hold regular care conferences in a more formal setting, and we call, email, text and utilize social media to keep family and friends in the loop about all the fun we are having here. Newsletter, family connections, assessments, communications by management with family, photos sent by staff/management, etc.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff based on care level, so this fluctuates depending on the care needs of our residents at any given time. We are staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our highly trained nurse manager is on-site a minimum of 40 hours per week. Care ratios vary based on the needs of our current resident population.

If Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We’re pet friendly. Walking path along the community. We love our furry friends and are considered one of the best pet friendly assisted living communities in the area (yes, I just made that up, but I believe it to be true). WE LOVE OUR PETS! We have an abundance of outdoor areas for our animal companions on all sides of the building.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We believe training, initially and ongoing is key to providing the best possible care. All staff is trained upon day one of hire, and inservices are held regularly on a variety of topics such as dementia, pressure injuries, diabetes education, and more. We make the learning environment a fun and hands-on experience. We often enlist our residents to help us train! We have some residents that rather enjoy being the test subject, so our employees get hands-on experience with things such as transferring an individual from a chair to a bed, for instance. Monthly LMS training and in-service training from local vendors/providers.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise provide to protect residents who wander?

We want to ensure the highest level of independence for our individuals that may have a tendency to wander. A secure area is provided for those that need the additional safety measure. We also employ wander guards that will provide an audible alarm to alert staff that the person may be 'on the move'. Secured environment, keypad entry.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We also have approximately 3 hospitals within 10 miles. Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with close by hospitals. A HUGE plus is that we’re in the same parking lot as Springtree Rehab.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

• Pool

• Licenses: 7433
  • State Licenses: AL7433

About Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise is an elegantly appointed senior living community that elevates assisted living to a new standard of excellence. Offering affordable fees, Sunrise just may be the best value in luxury senior living.

Community Pool, Restaurant Style Dining, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, & Speech Therapy onsite. Nurses on Staff.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise