Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

August 20, 2021

By Bruceann

My mom moved into Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. The lobby and the dining area are beautiful, but the rooms could use an upgrade. The facility and the front area are all good. The food is very good, the staff is excellent, and there are lots of activities. My mom's in assisted living level five, and they have her up and dressed every day. They have her participating in activities every day.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

June 20, 2021

By Brian

We toured Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. I liked how clean it was, and the staff seemed very nice. Everything was very nice. I was impressed. It's very well kept and very nice. It's physically pleasing.

May 07, 2021

By Christina

I went to Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. We met with Amanda, and she was very informative, she wasn't pushy, she listened to what our needs were, she was attentive to us, and she showed us around. We were very pleased with everything that goes on at that facility. I got to see the menu, but I didn't get to see the meals. (It wasn't the time that they were eating.) It was beautiful. It's definitely something that we're highly considering if I could afford it. I got to see a model room and the dining area. They showed me pretty much everything. I saw the residents waiting for an exercise class, so I know they have things like that set up for the residents.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

May 07, 2021

By Robert

Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise is completely renovated, updated, clean and well managed. Originally they wanted to reschedule me, but because of my schedule, I showed up anyway. It was kinda impromptu because I was in the area. It was a quick tour, but they were accommodating in getting me in and it was still a thorough tour nonetheless. I am considering this place for my mother, but I am looking at several others. The staff was very courteous and attentive. The only thing I would have liked to have seen is more of a security gate in and out of the facility. It was immaculate. There was still some residual work being done but aside from that, it was very clean.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

October 28, 2020

By Lynn

My mother-in-law's only been in Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise since Monday. We moved her furniture and everything in first, but she just got discharged from rehab on Monday. So, we're only a week into it at this point. But the people there are extremely friendly. The people who work there, they were friendly, and very accommodating. We like very much the fact that the facility is under renovation, and the changes to it for the areas that are done already are very nice. She's in a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment, not just a room. It's brand new, they just renovated it. So, the apartment is very clean, and very nice. It's a brand-new bathroom, brand new kitchen, brand new flooring, and freshly painted walls. It has lots of light. A very nice apartment.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

October 11, 2020

By Eileen

Lovely place. Was so impressed with the facility that I rented immediately. Thank you, Laura.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

September 12, 2020

By Jennifer

Wonderful! Staff is super friendly, informative and answers all questions!

Jennifer, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise!

September 10, 2020

By Gloria

Our family could not be more satisfied with the love and care our loved one receives from the entire staff. Everyone goes above and beyond to ensure my dad is maintaining a happy and healthy lifestyle. Pacifica offers a variety of activities and socials that keep every day fun and exciting! Thanks for all that you do!

September 06, 2020

By Cathy

This facility is highly recommended. In the past, we have eaten lunch with mother-in-law and everything was delicious. We were able to visit with mom with COVID-19 restrictions with plastic viewing. Staff questioned on comfort for fun and water. Facility has been well maintained when we were able to visit.

July 14, 2020

By Alexander

My mother is now in Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. The rooms are very nice and the young lady who helped us get in there was very nice and helpful. We chose this one because it seems like a very nice community and the girl at the front desk was very accommodating. They try to have activities but they're limited because of the COVID right now. Their food is fair and the facilities are nice. Overall, the value for the money is great.

Hello Alexander, thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

October 30, 2019

By Vivian

I didn't like Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise much. They're doing some renovations, and they're a bit unorganized. They were not even expecting me, but the lady who took care of me was nice. The rooms were nice, but they didn't give me a good vibe. I didn't like the facilities that much.

Hello Vivian, thank you for your review and consideration of our senior living community. At Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise, we cater to a variety of residents and their unique needs. Our home-like setting redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, allowing them to have a fully satisfying lifestyle. We are sorry to hear that you did not get the vibe that you were hoping for. We offer weekly housekeeping, personal laundry services, three freshly-prepared meals, and a full calendar of life enrichment activities, andmore! Our goal is to offer all the amenities of home without any of the responsibilities or work that comes with maintaining a household. We realize that we cannot please everyone, but it does not deter us from trying. We hope that you find the community that best fits your mother's needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration and want you to know that you are always to return, we would love to have you as part of the Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise family. Fell free to reach out to us at any time if you have any questions.

August 10, 2018

By Stephanie

It was nice. They were helpful. There was someone who needed to see the person we were speaking with, and she excused herself from talking with us and went to handle whatever problem that person had, and then she came back. That was very good because it showed that the residents are important to them.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

August 23, 2017

By Sylvester

The rooms were adequate and clean. They had a variety of activities every day like bingo, reading, group activities, and individual activities. There was a cinema and barber or the ladies' hairdresser. There were quite a few activities going on there. It's up to the individual if they want to partake or not. The staff was friendly and informative, and looked after us, including the staff in the restaurant. All the staff basically was quite friendly and respondent. The menu was varied and OK.

November 07, 2016

By Alice437338

Everything was the best. My husband has a TV in his room which he likes, and there’s enough help and whatever that can take care of his needs. It’s a nice two person room but large enough. There are recreation rooms and a library that he can go to during the day.

June 06, 2015

By Sharon107658350

My mom has been there for two months. It is good. They are super friendly and very caring. They do much of everything I expect them to be doing. They are very responsible. She has a studio, and it is good. The space is actually perfect for her. I don't think their activities are as good as some other places. There are two other places I visited that have a greater range of activities. But there are things going on every day. They have a hair salon, and the dining room is really good. It is very pleasant, and my mom likes the food.

May 24, 2015

It was an older facility, but the concept of their rooms was very different which I really liked. It was a very big facility. I think they had 3 floors. They had like 4 bedrooms -- two on each side -- and there was a common living room area in the middle. There was a little kitchen with a refrigerator that everybody could use. It could encourage residents to come out of their rooms without walking very far to have a living room atmosphere that four of them could share. I thought it was very unique. I was very impressed with it.

April 24, 2015

By Royston

The environment was very good. I was very impressed with it. The one-bedroom suits my condition right now. The dining area was excellent. The staff were very supportive and were very good.

November 21, 2014

It was very bright. It’s like a hotel arrangement. The dining room was in a large lobby. I thought it was more modern, up to date, and clean. Because of the location, the grounds were a little bit on the limited side as far as getting out and around, but overall, I was impressed by it. The apartments they showed me and the overall atmosphere were very pleasant. I thought the only downside there was the apartments had a common living area so all of the actual rooms were off of that common area; it wasn’t like it was your personal area. The studio apartments were separate, but there was no kitchenette, and the grounds were fine.

April 11, 2014

By James78484850

My parents are staying here. It was middle of the road, not brand new, but it’s fairly large. It has a large staff and a good location. The staff provided extra furniture that we needed during the move-in phase, and they were very attentive, very friendly, and helpful.

January 31, 2014

My visit was very pleasant. The tour went great and the staff was able to give me information. It was very helpful. I love their rooms. It was fantastic and I love it. I would move there myself. Their dining room is very clean. The residents were fully engaged and enjoyed what they are eating. I saw a card game where the ladies are playing cards. I also saw somebody playing the piano which I thought is very entertaining.

December 29, 2013

My stepson and I visited. We like the layout of the place. We also liked that they have activities and things to keep them busy, occupied, and happy. They also have these different rooms where you can have sewing or whatever you want to do.

October 18, 2013

By Ann31

It was one of the places we visited. We thought it was a wonderful place and we liked it. It's very clean and the staff knew what they were doing. Everything went very smooth there. I was impressed. Everybody seemed to know their purpose for being there. It seemed a friendly place.

October 11, 2013

It was really good. I enjoyed the activities they offered the residents. The staff were nice. The food options were really good, I liked how they gave more options than a standard everyday schedule of food. The rooms were really nice and spacious. I would recommend this facility.

September 26, 2013

By Ralph6

It was my mother's choice to go here and they are taking very good care of her. She has a very large studio and we set it up to look like a one bedroom apartment. It was painted and new rug was put in before she arrived so that was nice. She also has a balcony with two chairs outside and a table.

August 09, 2013

By Otilia1

The staff was very friendly, informative and very helpful. The facility was clean and modern. There were some residents that were active and some were not.

June 29, 2013

By Kathy39

The location was one of the reasons by I liked it because I want my mom close to my home. The the staff is good and pleasant. The atmosphere was very clean and the room and the dining room were beautiful. It was nice and like a resort. The other people who lived there seemed contented.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

February 01, 2020

By Carol

My mother-in-law will be moving into Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. We liked the price for what you got. It's a nice size apartment for the price, and the people were also extremely nice. Each apartment was like a home. The lunch we had was very good. They had different activities, outings, and lectures. They're renovating, so it will be very nice and everything will be new. The apartment was lovely, and the staff was terrific.

Carol, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

January 01, 2020

By Ellen

Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise is very nice. However, for me, I need an oven and a bigger refrigerator than what they had in their 1-bedroom. I like it, and I told the director there that I need an oven because I'm still active and I like to bake and cook, well, they didn't have those in there. Otherwise, it is a very nice place. The staff who showed me around was very nice. They're still working on the apartments but the place is nice. On Veterans Day, they had a program. I went and it was very nice. They also had Christmas dinner get-together. They have a swimming pool and they are pet friendly, too.

Hi Ellen, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a vibrant group of active seniors. The average age is 71 and we enjoy music & dancing & happy hours & socializing & outings to the beach and restaurants nearby.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a multitude of programs that delight the masses. From intellectually stimulating to the silly, our comprehensive activities program encompasses it all. Church services, concerts, magicians, current events, movie nights.....you name it, we've got it. B-fit exercise program, Optimum Life menu items, Resident Council, planned excursions to live theatre performances, Veteran’s Group

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Local restaurants, movie theatres, Senior Center, Jewish Senior Center, Bill Kling VA Clinic, city parks. Located in a predominantly residential area, we also have great restaurants nearby.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to assisted living residents?

We have a comfortable and reliable van that provides transportation to and from physician offices, post office, financial institutions, as well as scenic drives and rides to the beach, activities nightlife and restaurants nearby. We include transportation within a 10-mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents enjoy an array of fresh foods, made with attention to flavorful detail. We really enjoy our dining experience here. The residents all love the way our chefs cook the fish. We offer 3 options for every meal (lunch and dinner) and we have an “always available.” We offer a complimentary meal with tour, stop by and stay for lunch!

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to assisted living residents?

Safety is of great importance to us. From ensuring our grounds are well kept and stumble free, our main areas are kept free of clutter and in good repair. Life alert pendants are available. We also offer a secure environment for those prone to wandering.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is key! We hold regular care conferences in a more formal setting, and we call, email, text and utilize social media to keep family and friends in the loop about all the fun we are having here. Newsletter, family connections, assessments, communications by management with family, photos sent by staff/management, etc.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff based on care level, so this fluctuates depending on the care needs of our residents at any given time. We are staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our highly trained nurse manager is on-site a minimum of 40 hours per week. Care ratios vary based on the needs of our current resident population.

If Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We’re pet friendly. Walking path along the community. We love our furry friends and are considered one of the best pet friendly assisted living communities in the area (yes, I just made that up, but I believe it to be true). WE LOVE OUR PETS! We have an abundance of outdoor areas for our animal companions on all sides of the building.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We believe training, initially and ongoing is key to providing the best possible care. All staff is trained upon day one of hire, and inservices are held regularly on a variety of topics such as dementia, pressure injuries, diabetes education, and more. We make the learning environment a fun and hands-on experience. We often enlist our residents to help us train! We have some residents that rather enjoy being the test subject, so our employees get hands-on experience with things such as transferring an individual from a chair to a bed, for instance. Monthly LMS training and in-service training from local vendors/providers.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise provide to protect residents who wander?

We want to ensure the highest level of independence for our individuals that may have a tendency to wander. A secure area is provided for those that need the additional safety measure. We also employ wander guards that will provide an audible alarm to alert staff that the person may be 'on the move'. Secured environment, keypad entry.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We also have approximately 3 hospitals within 10 miles. Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with close by hospitals. A HUGE plus is that we’re in the same parking lot as Springtree Rehab.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

• Pool

• Licenses: 7433
  • State Licenses: AL7433

About Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise

Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise is an elegantly appointed senior living community that elevates assisted living to a new standard of excellence. Offering affordable fees, Sunrise just may be the best value in luxury senior living.

Community Pool, Restaurant Style Dining, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, & Speech Therapy onsite. Nurses on Staff.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Sunrise