The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods Sarasota, FL

3260 Lake Pointe Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34231
The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods (844) 334-3818

Reviews of The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods

Assisted Living Reviews for The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods

October 25, 2014

By George96357450

At The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods, you need to buy into this facility. We were really impressed with this facility. Everything was first class, and the visit was very good. The staff did a good job on their explanation.

August 29, 2014

By Julie40

We had visited The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods and its a very nice and elegant facility. The people are very friendly. They have lots of great activities and amenities offered to their residents, and the reasons we did not choose them were because of the smaller size of the apartment, and the buy-in fee. Otherwise, we would love to move my mom in there.

June 10, 2014

I’ve only been at The Fountains for a short, brief visit. The salesperson who took us around told us a few fibs, and next time I called to talk to him, he had been fired. Now I don’t quite know how much of what I was told is true or not. That’s why I’m going back there, because I didn’t have a chance to really look. It’s a beautiful place. I love the ocean, and it's 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. The campus is just gorgeous. The view is beautiful. I love Florida because I lived there for 13 years, and I really miss it. They have all sizes of rooms. They have 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom. I think they have a studio. I looked at apartments because the salesperson who took us around, the one that got fired, told me I could go into the apartments with my cats, and that wasn’t true. I found out later on that I had to go to a cottage if I wanted to bring my cats, which is like a hundred thousand more in the entrance fee. Their pool is gorgeous. The dining area is very pretty. We had a little luncheon in their casual place, and it was OK. We had a sandwich. I really couldn’t tell how good their food was because we only had a sandwich. They have a lot of activities. They have classes from Watermark, and they come over and give lectures. They have exercise, they have tai chi. That was one of the things that I really liked.

May 12, 2014

By Caring92060350

The Fountains at Lake Pointe was a nice facility. The surroundings were very clean and well maintained. They were very accommodating.

November 21, 2013

We'd known about The Fountains basically since it was built. We've been impressed all along. As far as I was concerned, it looked fine to me. I think the layout is beautiful. It's lovely, well kept and the facilities are nice. Cleanliness is not a problem as far as I know. My friend who is there had more health issues so she was put in the nursing facility part and that has worked out really well for her. She just moved back into her 1-bedroom unit that she has over there. I know she is very happy.

October 15, 2013

We found The Fountains through the internet. It was really pleasant and clean there. However, it just looked like a bunch of condominiums that were very close together. The staff was very polite. I only saw their model unit and I didn't like it because there wasn't a patio that exits to the outside. Regarding their residents, everybody there looked old. I just realized that I wasn't ready for this type of living and I would rather be on my own.

June 07, 2013

At the Fountains, the place was very clean and very pretty. It has a country club setting, more like a retirement community than assisted living facility. They really had good food. The staff who catered the luncheons were very friendly. However, they did not us give a tour of a room and the place did not give you any feeling of what help would be because I think if you needed help, you would have to segway out of that venue and go to an assisted living which is not what they were.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Photos of The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods

Services and Amenities of The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods

About The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods

The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods in Sarasota, FL offers Independent Living and Assisted Living on 53 acres of lush, tropically landscaped grounds with heated outdoor pool, lake for fishing, outdoor gardening area. Choose from a variety of spacious one bedroom and two bedroom apartments, or the brand new Villas that offer on-the-go-living with all the perks of the Fountains lifestyle. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. At Lake Pointe Woods you'll enjoy the flexibility, independence and security of that great Fountains lifestyle. Residents of the The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods have access to skilled nursing services on campus at The Springs. The Springs is operated by Summit Care, a Florida firm that focuses on delivering quality care, one resident at a time. A Watermark retirement community. Florida Assisted Living License #5292.

The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods Housing Types Offered

1 Bedroom Apartments, 2 Bedroom Apartments, 3 Bedroom Apartments, Cottages/Homes

The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods Outside Care

Allows outside homecare or home healthcare services: Yes

Provides Transportation to doctor's appointments and local area attractions: Yes

Amenities
  • Well-stocked library
  • Various rooms for performances, movies, and lectures
  • Elegant dining room
  • Activity room for games, art, cooking, darts, and bingo
  • Reception and television lounges
  • Health and Wellness Center
  • Coffee shop and ice cream parlor
  • Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
  • Central mail area with private boxes
  • Coin-free washers and dryers
  • Heated outdoor pool
  • Lakes for fishing
  • Outdoor gardening area
  • Indoor and outdoor exercise areas
  • 53 acres of lush, tropically landscaped grounds
  • Butterfly gardens
Services
  • Continental breakfast and restaurant-style dinner served each day, with menus approved by a registered dietician
  • Our menu accommodates most special diets
  • Weekly housekeeping of your apartment
  • Caring staff on duty 24 hours a day
  • Scheduled transportation
  • All utilities except telephone
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational and spiritual programs
  • Move-in coordination service
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes and walking programs
  • Preventative health screenings
  • Fitness lectures
  • Complete apartment maintenance,including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Map of The Fountains at Lake Pointe Woods