American House Sarasota Sarasota, FL

Reviews of American House Sarasota

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Sarasota

December 17, 2015

By Serious Visitor

It was very nice and picturesque, with a lot of outdoor space. It had a nice swimming pool and deck area, and many of the apartments/rooms looked out over the interior area. It had the advantage of being located in Central Sarasota, which is a very nice place to live. They did have available two-bedroom, two-bath apartments, which my wife and myself were looking for.

September 29, 2015

By Richard114140750

It looked very good. It had been around for several years. They have a lot of activities. I saw people at the fitness center, and I saw people sitting around reading or watching TV. Everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves. The dining room looked very nice.

August 27, 2015

By Patricia112228150

It had been redone. All the public areas were fresh, clean, and very nice. The food was good. I thought the apartment I saw was a bit small, and it seemed old. I think the units have to be updated.

November 21, 2013

By Kurt2

My mother is a resident for 2 months now. Everything has been great. She is in the assisted living area, in her own apartment, with a large bedroom and closets. The staff is caring and attentive. They have numerous activities in their calendar too. It's an old building and slightly outdate but still a clean and nice facility.

July 25, 2013

By Greg5

The maintenance guy gave me the tour when I visited. They only had one unit available and it was really far away.

June 12, 2013

By Carmenca

I liked it. It's a better place than the other ones. It's cleaner, bigger and a little better. It's both an assisted and independent living facility. The reason we visited this place is because my husband needed it because he just had a stroke. The rooms are small.

August 12, 2011

By liesje

It has both Assisted living and Independent living. Assisted living is primarily on the third floor. Assistance is readily offered at the staff's convenience, but no one is posted where they can be hailed. The apartments are kept relatively clean. But refrigerators are not cleaned inside. Medications are dispensed as needed. Activitiesare available for those motivated to attend. Meals areattractively served and varied.

Independent Living Reviews for American House Sarasota

January 21, 2015

By Nancy104646450

It was a very nice facility. We saw the one-bedroom apartment, and it was very roomy. The staff was very nice and helpful. They had activities like bingo, arts, and crafts.

January 12, 2015

By Dell1

It was just absolutely gorgeous. People were around. There were activities going on. It was just a friendly beautiful place. They have a 7-acre lake, and all of the units face the water. It was just beautiful; you would never know you're in the middle of the city. In the lobby, they had a jewelry show going on. A day before, they had an art show going on. It was lively. It looked like you're in a Marriot Hotel because they had open floor plants. It was clean. It was bright and cheerful. We were very impressed. The rooms were nice and large. You had a little patio. The people on the second floor had a lanai. We looked at a two-bedroom unit. The main master bedroom was beautiful, bright, and sunny. It had a large closet and a nice bathroom. The facility did have a small kitchen. There, they would give you two meals. The dining room was beautiful. Everybody was very friendly and polite.

November 29, 2014

By Bob96303650

My partner and I have been here several times. She has a long time friend that is a resident there, and it’s a lovely facility. The woman has a two bedroom apartment. We have been there for dinner several times, and the food was excellent. The service is very good, and the staff was very nice.

August 29, 2014

By Julie40

We have decided to move my mom here. What we found for her is an independent living apartment. They were much more spacious than any of the other apartments that we saw in other community. That was one of the reasons why we chose it and also, there is no buy-in fee and we also like that. We tried their food and it is like restaurant dining -- lots of choices and nicely prepared. They offer a lot of activities like bingo and movies. They have a card room, exercise room, as well as physical therapy on site. They also have a free Wi-Fi in the building.

August 15, 2013

By Caring RO

It is a very lovely facility. The staff was very helpful and very pleasant at the time of my visit. They have little cottages that have a lake view. They also have a building that is like a one-story connected apartment building around the lake and it is just lovely. With regards to their apartments, all I can say is that they have utilized every single bit of space in a very creative way.

June 07, 2013

The place was very neat. The housing was very nice but it was too small for us. We would have gone as a couple. There wasn't much staff around when we visited the place and it seems that there wasn't much activity for the residents there also. We never actually saw anybody interacting with any body else.

April 16, 2013

By Caring 8781

We saw this community and my husband liked it, but I didn't care it. They had assisted living and everything right there, but the big area where they congregated had some kind of smell to it, and I wasn't too crazy about that. Their dining room area was quite small too.

Photos of American House Sarasota

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About American House Sarasota

Located on 18 wooded acres just minutes from white sand beaches, American House Sarasota offers independent and assisted living in Sarasota, FL Thoughtfully designed wit you in mind, our community provides the ultimate in Florida senior living.

Our maintenance-free lifestyle, peaceful surroundings and gorgeous grounds provide a serene senior living environment.

Map of American House Sarasota